[2005 11 23] - [Wed]
Power Trip @ 3 am
Got woken up at 3 am by mosquito bites. Realised the fan was off. Everything that runs on electricity in the house was not turned on. Groped my way downstairs in the dark. Nobody in the house has realised anything. Opened the electrical box. True enough. The main switch was down. I pushed it up. Praying at the same time that it will stay up. It stayed up.
Morning
Mei went to school today. So it’s public transport for me. Had Maggi Assam for breakfast. Gave Granny her daily massage on her knee before going off.
Bus 970
Got a seat on it. Sat for less than 5 minutes before an old man came up. Being the nearest able-bodied man. I had to give it up to him. The bus got more crowded as it approached town. By the time we were at Great World City, some passengers were resorting to getting up from the rear door.
Fitness First
Arrived at 9am. So can only bathe at Fitness First. I’m wearing my ROM shirt. It seems to have some perpetual smell that I can’t get rid of.
Transferring of Fundprices code to Karnala
It’s quite a bitch to do that man. The whole fund prices codes are in a bloody big mess. Now I had to explain it to Karnala so that he can join this bloody big mess to another bloody big mess called FPMS Integration. Just thinking of it gives me the shudders.
Documentation for deployment of PNS
Forced myself to author the documentation for PNS deployment so that Xinhui can do it on Friday. It’s high time somebody else other than me knows how to deploy an entire portlet from scratch. I counted 56 fucking steps. Will just wait for Friday and cross my fingers.
IT Security Event on 13 Dec
Simon wanted Stephen & me to go down to cover the event. As usual, we need to do the ‘official email dance’ of requesting resources so that Stephen & me can be released. In actual fact, I think the powers-that-be will just agree without reading it. After all, this is GE, not SAF. As long as we perform socially and technically, there will be world peace. Looking forward to another free lunch.
******
She’s seems damn bloody antagonistic today. Everything she says seem to come with thorns. I don’t owe you anything okay.
Phone Calls
Called Rasa Sentosa to confirm tomorrow’s booking. Official Check-in is 3pm and official Check-out is 12 noon. Rasa Sentosa is fully booked tonight. So will have to try my luck tomorrow. There’s also a free shuttle bus from the hotel to Singapore Cruise Centre. It’s available every 20 minutes from 7:20 am to 11:40 pm. Cool. Called HDB Jurong East Branch regarding the parking summon appeal. The CSO was quite friendly and helpful. I guess he’s Malay from his accent. He told me that appeals usually take 2 weeks to process. I’ll receive a reply whether the appeal is successful or not.
Pool
Skipped lunch. Got my ass kicked left right centre by Zack while playing pool. He tore me apart 11-3. Went in with the confidence of running a 9-ball rack last Tuesday. But still lost. I wish my fundamentals are as strong as his. The only thing I can crow about is my 2-0 lead.
Errands
Bought Tian Qi Wine & Optrex for Granny.
Briefing of Monthly Fundprice changes to Karnala
It went on more smoothly than I expected. It helped that Karnala is good at algorithms and programming. I wrote out the pseudo-code as I spoke to him. Just in case he didn’t get me the first time round.
Automating Project Oyster
Continued on my automation of Project Oyster. Managed to get the folder renaming part up and running. Will tackle the Excel part next Monday.
3G Project
3G Project is coming from Marketing. There are now a total of 4 applications to be rolled out by end of the year. It sounds a little tough. Provided we have the entire e-business doing it together without other projects in the way. I’ll sit on the problem until I come back from Sentosa.
Going home
Mummy offered to fetch me home. It came at perfect timing. I can lug those Tian Qi Wines and my laptop back before going out.
Prayer Meeting
Mummy is going down to the Prayer Meeting with the rest of Bukit Timah CG after pastor talked to them. Somehow I’m not particularly thrilled because I’ve never seen the need for such meetings. It is just another slice off the already-limited free time of everyone.
Clementi
Went down to the Porridge Stall. It was open when I arrived. Ordered a bottle of Carlsberg while waiting. But Shufen had to be 10 minutes late. When she arrived, they have just sold their last bowl. Damn. I went for Nasi Pattaya. Every since Shufen got attached, she is more and more like an Auntie now. She has dumped her contacts for her specs. The coloured hair is also gone. Took a walk around Clementi Central before ending up at the arcade. Watched people play Initial-D. She watched the cartoon since her NUS days. Ironically, I found it easier to talk to her after she got attached. She’s contemplating a move to a company in Kaki Bukit. That would be too far from her place.
Buying magazines
Bought Square Rooms, New Man & 8 days at the bus stop kiosk while waiting for 154 home. Will be taking them to Sentosa with me.
Mahjong
Yeo called. Somehow we don’t have a recollection of what happened to the mini-mahjong set that we brought to Bung Khla earlier in April. The phone call ended with me agreeing to bring the full set down from my home as Yeo would be going their from office.
Got woken up at 3 am by mosquito bites. Realised the fan was off. Everything that runs on electricity in the house was not turned on. Groped my way downstairs in the dark. Nobody in the house has realised anything. Opened the electrical box. True enough. The main switch was down. I pushed it up. Praying at the same time that it will stay up. It stayed up.
Morning
Mei went to school today. So it’s public transport for me. Had Maggi Assam for breakfast. Gave Granny her daily massage on her knee before going off.
Bus 970
Got a seat on it. Sat for less than 5 minutes before an old man came up. Being the nearest able-bodied man. I had to give it up to him. The bus got more crowded as it approached town. By the time we were at Great World City, some passengers were resorting to getting up from the rear door.
Fitness First
Arrived at 9am. So can only bathe at Fitness First. I’m wearing my ROM shirt. It seems to have some perpetual smell that I can’t get rid of.
Transferring of Fundprices code to Karnala
It’s quite a bitch to do that man. The whole fund prices codes are in a bloody big mess. Now I had to explain it to Karnala so that he can join this bloody big mess to another bloody big mess called FPMS Integration. Just thinking of it gives me the shudders.
Documentation for deployment of PNS
Forced myself to author the documentation for PNS deployment so that Xinhui can do it on Friday. It’s high time somebody else other than me knows how to deploy an entire portlet from scratch. I counted 56 fucking steps. Will just wait for Friday and cross my fingers.
IT Security Event on 13 Dec
Simon wanted Stephen & me to go down to cover the event. As usual, we need to do the ‘official email dance’ of requesting resources so that Stephen & me can be released. In actual fact, I think the powers-that-be will just agree without reading it. After all, this is GE, not SAF. As long as we perform socially and technically, there will be world peace. Looking forward to another free lunch.
******
She’s seems damn bloody antagonistic today. Everything she says seem to come with thorns. I don’t owe you anything okay.
Phone Calls
Called Rasa Sentosa to confirm tomorrow’s booking. Official Check-in is 3pm and official Check-out is 12 noon. Rasa Sentosa is fully booked tonight. So will have to try my luck tomorrow. There’s also a free shuttle bus from the hotel to Singapore Cruise Centre. It’s available every 20 minutes from 7:20 am to 11:40 pm. Cool. Called HDB Jurong East Branch regarding the parking summon appeal. The CSO was quite friendly and helpful. I guess he’s Malay from his accent. He told me that appeals usually take 2 weeks to process. I’ll receive a reply whether the appeal is successful or not.
Pool
Skipped lunch. Got my ass kicked left right centre by Zack while playing pool. He tore me apart 11-3. Went in with the confidence of running a 9-ball rack last Tuesday. But still lost. I wish my fundamentals are as strong as his. The only thing I can crow about is my 2-0 lead.
Errands
Bought Tian Qi Wine & Optrex for Granny.
Briefing of Monthly Fundprice changes to Karnala
It went on more smoothly than I expected. It helped that Karnala is good at algorithms and programming. I wrote out the pseudo-code as I spoke to him. Just in case he didn’t get me the first time round.
Automating Project Oyster
Continued on my automation of Project Oyster. Managed to get the folder renaming part up and running. Will tackle the Excel part next Monday.
3G Project
3G Project is coming from Marketing. There are now a total of 4 applications to be rolled out by end of the year. It sounds a little tough. Provided we have the entire e-business doing it together without other projects in the way. I’ll sit on the problem until I come back from Sentosa.
Going home
Mummy offered to fetch me home. It came at perfect timing. I can lug those Tian Qi Wines and my laptop back before going out.
Prayer Meeting
Mummy is going down to the Prayer Meeting with the rest of Bukit Timah CG after pastor talked to them. Somehow I’m not particularly thrilled because I’ve never seen the need for such meetings. It is just another slice off the already-limited free time of everyone.
Clementi
Went down to the Porridge Stall. It was open when I arrived. Ordered a bottle of Carlsberg while waiting. But Shufen had to be 10 minutes late. When she arrived, they have just sold their last bowl. Damn. I went for Nasi Pattaya. Every since Shufen got attached, she is more and more like an Auntie now. She has dumped her contacts for her specs. The coloured hair is also gone. Took a walk around Clementi Central before ending up at the arcade. Watched people play Initial-D. She watched the cartoon since her NUS days. Ironically, I found it easier to talk to her after she got attached. She’s contemplating a move to a company in Kaki Bukit. That would be too far from her place.
Buying magazines
Bought Square Rooms, New Man & 8 days at the bus stop kiosk while waiting for 154 home. Will be taking them to Sentosa with me.
Mahjong
Yeo called. Somehow we don’t have a recollection of what happened to the mini-mahjong set that we brought to Bung Khla earlier in April. The phone call ended with me agreeing to bring the full set down from my home as Yeo would be going their from office.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home