Saturday, November 19, 2005

[2005 11 19] - [Sat]

Waking up
Woke up at 7:30 am. It’s early for a Saturday morning. There’s no choice as my presence was needed at Changi GE Centre. There’s gonna be BCP exercise today and a free lunch. Sipped breakfast and took 154 there.
BCP
Stephen was already there. The place was a hive of activity. I think almost all departments in GE are represented. CEO is here too. Got the IP address from Aiker so that I could connect to the local network. Got the internet access user name and password from A. There was plenty of time to kill. So I went through a few blogs. Read up about Dawn Yang on kennysia.com. I think she looked better before the plastic surgery. JL from Corp Comm provided me with the Media Release and the words to be used on the DR website and I uploaded it to the DR web server. That’s my job for the day. Stephen & I then went to the 5th floor for the buffet lunch. The rice, curry and mee siam were good. We then skipped the de-brief and left. I took the train to Ling’s place while Stephen stopped over at Dhoby Ghaut to pass something to a friend.
Anchorpoint
Walked here with Ling all the way from Tanglin Halt. Went up to the top floor of the flats at Queen’s Close on the way just to see what the view was like. Not too bad. Ling’s blocks looked very small from where we were. Walked around the furniture shops at Anchorpoint. I think I know what I want in a wardrobe. It must be a sliding door and the colour must match. As for a dining table. It shouldn’t be glass or marble or any other kind that makes a loud ‘clang’ sound. The legs of the table must not be at the corners or edges. Went Cold Storage to buy titbits. We then went KFC for some food.
Fried Oyster
Went home after KFC. Packeted Fried Oyster from the hawker centre below. It’s still Ling’s and my favourite ‘Taxi’
Watched ‘Taxi’ with Ling on the DVD. It’s the French version. I think this is a better movie. Better humour.
Ling’s youngest Uncle & wife
They came over to visit. It’s my first time seeing his wife. Also I’ve not seen her Uncle for more than a year. He has sold his flat in Woodlands. Now they are renting a room at Dover. He’s now looking for a permanent place to stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home