Wednesday, November 16, 2005

[2005 11 16] - [Wed]

Overslept
Thank God Jeffrey called me at 8:45 am to wake me up. Bathed and rush down. Koh Wee was giving the opening address when I went in.
RIT (Morning) @ Level 2 Function Room
KW & PH gave the opening addresses for GELS & GELM. Later he put up some of the IT Goals he set for the next 3 years for discussion.
Tea Break
Gobbled some Tuna Sandwiches during the tea break coz I didn’t have breakfast.
Signature
Val called Ling. The Ah Ma has thumbprinted. So the OTP is fully signed now.
Lunch
Had lunch at Tien Court Restaurant. It’s on the same floor as the Function Room. I’m on the same table as Jenny, David, Lam, Boon Siong, Koh Wee, Wui Bin & Mag. Found out that Wui Bin is a vegetarian. Food is quite nice. I even ate the salad prawns! Surprise. Surprise.
RIT (Afternoon) - Which regional management model to adopt?
I’m glad KT shared the same views as me regarding the regional management model. He also believes in autonomy for the regions with a virtual department acting as a Centre of Excellence. Ensuring the applications and processes meet certain guildelines & standards. YC (not me lah) of course had different views. She is still talking code-sharing. This is too idealistic and smacks of communism.
RIT (Afternoon) - Sharing by PDs
We had an afternoon tea break of Spring Rolls before the various PDs shared their plans for 2006. We finished late at around 6:25 pm. One of the highlights was the moment when Pek Khim (The cutest among the PDs and competency heads. Anyway there are only 6 females from this category) accidentally read ‘Deliver WITHIN budget’ as ‘Deliver WITHOUT budget’.
Jam
Went with Boon Choon, Jeffrey & Garry in Eng Lee’s car to K-Box. There was a massive jam at Hoot Kiam Road. We took half an hour to travel from King’s Hotel to Cineleisure. Found out that Jeffrey is actually 1 year my senior in SoC. He also took part in the SoC KTV competition. And came in 2nd.
K-Box Cineleisure
Koh Wee was the last to arrive. There was buffet. Food is so so. 5 out of 10. Each person can have either 2 drinks or a beer. Played 5-10 with Doris. I think of all the VPs, Doris is the person I can click with most. Jeffrey did show that he can sing. I wonder why he performed so abysmally for the IT Night. Yow Huat and Edward from GELM were playing pool.
Drinking in room
We left the place in Eng Lee’s car at around 10:30 pm. Asked Boon Choon and Jeffrey over for drinks. We played an improvised version of 7,8,9 using cards. J & Q means fill-up. K means drink half. ‘Ace’ means finish the drink.
Zouk
Went Phuture & Zouk with Jeffrey. Saw Wah Yew at the Phuture counter. Phuture was very packed. But the R&B music kicked ass. Went over to Zouk. Though the crowd was young and there were lots of guys, we enjoyed ourselves as the music was good. I’ve not enjoyed like this for a long time already. The dance moves that people do on the platforms are very different from what was done 8 years ago. This time, they seem to be following some fixed steps. Usually a sign language rendition of the song being played. The moves were quite intuitive and easy to pick up. I had some fun with them too. We ended up staying until around 3 am before going back to hotel to crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home