[2005 11 15] - [Tue]
Waking up
Woke up at 9:30 am. It’s a real luxury today. No need to go office. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast.
Fixing the fan
Fixed the fan in our living room. I also dunno how I got it to work. Climbed on a ladder to spin the fan manually a few times.
Registered mail for Resti
Sent a registered mail to Indonesia at the Sixth Avenue Post Office for Resti. It’s addressed to her sister. Resti had affixed $1.60 worth of stamps. I paid the $1 balance at the Post Office. Bought Chrysanthemum from 7-Eleven coz I didn’t want to keep the $1 coin.
Lunch
Granny Fried some Bee Hoon for lunch. It’s nice. A long time since I tasted Granny’s Bee Hoon. I mixed it with the Sambal Belacan Chilli and it tasted like heaven.
Copthorne King’s Hotel
Called King’s Hotel only to find out that my name is not on the list of people who have rooms tonight. Had to frantically get Mag’s number from Jeffrey to ask Mag what’s going on. Mag then replied that she has just settled the matter with the hotel. So I can check in. So Mag, if I have no place to sleep tonight, you are gonna put me up with you whever you are huh.
O’ Level
Mei left for her afternoon paper after lunch. Hope that she doesn’t commit yesterday’s mistake again.
Coffee Shop
Went to the coffee shop near my house to meet Kiat for some drinks. Had a small can of Barons.
Beauty World
Came here with Kiat to the pet shop. It is closing down soon. So Kiat is buying some Carbon Dioxide pump for his underwater plants. It is quite cheap at $50. A fish tank was thrown in. He told me that one of the guys at the coffee shop near my house actually owns the pet shop. The stall ‘manager’ used to stay at the kampong where the Sian Tuan Avenue Tombstone is. Small world.
Pool
Went Mambo Billiards for pool. We played 8-ball then 9-ball. It’s a long time since enjoyed playing pool simply for the sake of playing pool without caring whether I won or lost. I ended up doing a one-cue for a game of 9-ball. I’m so happy. It’s one of my goals to do a one-cue and it came at such an unexpected place, circumstances and game. It is harder to run a 9-ball rack. In fact, at the previous game, I cleared from ball 3 all the way to ball 9. So I potted about 16 balls at one go.
Mee Rebus
Had Mee Rebus with Kiat. It is still the best ever Mee Rebus that I’ve tasted. Wanted to have some beer. But this coffee shop only have Tiger (Pui!).
Contractor
The contractor came personally to fix Mummy’s wall. This time, he chiselled away the outer surface of the wall. We expected to see moisture. But the wall is completely dry. We still have no clue what’s causing the wall to swell at certain places.
970
Took 970 down. I used Heng Kui’s Giant Ali Baba bag. Slept all the way from Bukit Timah to King’s Hotel.
King’s Hotel
There was some minor cock-up. The receptionist told me that me room is only for one day. He had to check with the main office to confirm that my room is until Friday.
The room
It’s much better than I expected. There are 2 single beds. There’s even a balcony. Nice. But Internet is at 50c per minute.
Channel hopping
Went through the different channels. Besides the usual sports channels, there are German, Korean, French channels. The French channel is showing some game show. The people inside looked really… French.
Dinner
Walked to Tiong Bahru Market to have Fried Kway Teow and a Carlsberg. My stomach certainly missed it.
GELM Staff?
Saw some people who kept pointing to my GE T-Shirt while I was waiting for Val to pick me up. Maybe they are from GELM.
New Flat
Val picked me up and we went to pick Ling up. Went to 63B to sign the ‘Option To Purchase’. Settled the inventory list with Zen, the seller’s agent. I’ve requested the hooks for the bamboo poles to be retained. Took quite a number of photos of the flat and with the owner. The OTP will only be ready tomorrow as the Ah Ma uses a thumbprint as a signature.
Woke up at 9:30 am. It’s a real luxury today. No need to go office. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast.
Fixing the fan
Fixed the fan in our living room. I also dunno how I got it to work. Climbed on a ladder to spin the fan manually a few times.
Registered mail for Resti
Sent a registered mail to Indonesia at the Sixth Avenue Post Office for Resti. It’s addressed to her sister. Resti had affixed $1.60 worth of stamps. I paid the $1 balance at the Post Office. Bought Chrysanthemum from 7-Eleven coz I didn’t want to keep the $1 coin.
Lunch
Granny Fried some Bee Hoon for lunch. It’s nice. A long time since I tasted Granny’s Bee Hoon. I mixed it with the Sambal Belacan Chilli and it tasted like heaven.
Copthorne King’s Hotel
Called King’s Hotel only to find out that my name is not on the list of people who have rooms tonight. Had to frantically get Mag’s number from Jeffrey to ask Mag what’s going on. Mag then replied that she has just settled the matter with the hotel. So I can check in. So Mag, if I have no place to sleep tonight, you are gonna put me up with you whever you are huh.
O’ Level
Mei left for her afternoon paper after lunch. Hope that she doesn’t commit yesterday’s mistake again.
Coffee Shop
Went to the coffee shop near my house to meet Kiat for some drinks. Had a small can of Barons.
Beauty World
Came here with Kiat to the pet shop. It is closing down soon. So Kiat is buying some Carbon Dioxide pump for his underwater plants. It is quite cheap at $50. A fish tank was thrown in. He told me that one of the guys at the coffee shop near my house actually owns the pet shop. The stall ‘manager’ used to stay at the kampong where the Sian Tuan Avenue Tombstone is. Small world.
Pool
Went Mambo Billiards for pool. We played 8-ball then 9-ball. It’s a long time since enjoyed playing pool simply for the sake of playing pool without caring whether I won or lost. I ended up doing a one-cue for a game of 9-ball. I’m so happy. It’s one of my goals to do a one-cue and it came at such an unexpected place, circumstances and game. It is harder to run a 9-ball rack. In fact, at the previous game, I cleared from ball 3 all the way to ball 9. So I potted about 16 balls at one go.
Mee Rebus
Had Mee Rebus with Kiat. It is still the best ever Mee Rebus that I’ve tasted. Wanted to have some beer. But this coffee shop only have Tiger (Pui!).
Contractor
The contractor came personally to fix Mummy’s wall. This time, he chiselled away the outer surface of the wall. We expected to see moisture. But the wall is completely dry. We still have no clue what’s causing the wall to swell at certain places.
970
Took 970 down. I used Heng Kui’s Giant Ali Baba bag. Slept all the way from Bukit Timah to King’s Hotel.
King’s Hotel
There was some minor cock-up. The receptionist told me that me room is only for one day. He had to check with the main office to confirm that my room is until Friday.
The room
It’s much better than I expected. There are 2 single beds. There’s even a balcony. Nice. But Internet is at 50c per minute.
Channel hopping
Went through the different channels. Besides the usual sports channels, there are German, Korean, French channels. The French channel is showing some game show. The people inside looked really… French.
Dinner
Walked to Tiong Bahru Market to have Fried Kway Teow and a Carlsberg. My stomach certainly missed it.
GELM Staff?
Saw some people who kept pointing to my GE T-Shirt while I was waiting for Val to pick me up. Maybe they are from GELM.
New Flat
Val picked me up and we went to pick Ling up. Went to 63B to sign the ‘Option To Purchase’. Settled the inventory list with Zen, the seller’s agent. I’ve requested the hooks for the bamboo poles to be retained. Took quite a number of photos of the flat and with the owner. The OTP will only be ready tomorrow as the Ah Ma uses a thumbprint as a signature.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home