Monday, November 21, 2005

[2005 11 21] - [Mon]

Morning
Had Myojo Laksa for Breakfast. Went to massage Granny’s knee. Her knee has been acting up recently. If not, she wouldn’t have asked me to bring her for an injection. Mummy fetched me to work.
OCBC Credit Card
Mummy just got an OCBC Credit Card. We talked about all the easy legal credit one can get. Maybe it’s the government’s ploy to win the battle against loan sharks. All along, the loan shark’s pull factors had been easy credit. Bank loans were very difficult to obtain.
Fitness First
Officially started my Motorola Rokr E1 Challenge. Firstly, I had to register with the personal trainers. He will then put your name on one chart on the wall. I saw less than 10 name on it. Some have already completed 60-70km. Don’t think it is the X-Trainer. The hardest part of the challenge is the X-Trainer. Did 2.5km on the X-Trainer. Took me 40 minutes!
Jeffrey’s Blog
Jeffrey sent his blog http://pillowcase.blogs.friendster.com/pillowcase. I replied the gesture with my blog. Lots of lyrics.
Lunch
Daxin joined Meiyou for lunch. Xinhui is on leave. Chris & Andy are away on course. So the lunch gang’s headcount today is 6. Eng Yeow joined us. He is beginning to be a permanent fixture. We talked about religion. I shared with Stephen on the best sermon I ever heard. He shared with me what was preached at City Harvest Church. He said that the sermons there are more practical in nature. Giving people advice on career and stuff like that. No wonder City Harvest is growing so strongly.
3G Meeting, babies & Serene
Went with Stephen to meet up with Hiu Phui and Cai Wei on the 3G initiatives for LiG. Spent 5 minutes talking about the 3G, which I’ll follow up next week. We then talked about babies. (Of all subjects we must choose this) We also saw Serene. She’s now back as a vendor. Hiu Phui said that she looks different with re-bonded hair and a change of dressing. I don’t find anything outstanding though.
Soccer statistics
Eng Lee sent me an excel file as well as a Singapore Pools membership form so that I can bet by phone. The statistics are really comprehensive. I didn’t know that are other Avid Soccer Bettors like me in GE. Although I’ve not betted on football for more than a month already. (No time to do homework)
SL
She got back pain now after going ice-skating and falling into a sitting down position. The OCBC doctor even said that it could be a tail-bone fracture. Sounds gross.
StaffNet PoC OID
It died again this afternoon. Since there were no TNS staff around, Tang Seng, Frederick & I went down to the server room to attempt to reboot the server. Sure enough, there was a yellow light with an exclamatoin mark on the front panel. We can’t seem to switch it off. So on Choon Hong’s advice by phone, we plugged out the power cord. However, we couldn’t start it immediately. So we needed to wait a while. We were not sure about the waiting part then, so we kept pressing the power button. Hoping that it will miraculously come on. But we were disappointed. After 1 minute, we gave up and called Choon Hong. When Choon Hong came down, he could start it with no problem. Maybe an overheated server needs time to ‘heal’ before it can start work again.
Automating Project Oyster
Sent out Project Oyster. This time, I am liasing with Gloria Low. Siew Ling has passed it to her to do for this round. Attempted to further automate the process. For example, the obtaining of the Campaign ID used to be done manually using Toad. But now, I’ve written an SQL script to perform the task. I purposely wrote a lot of sub-programs and methods so that no 2 lines of code are repeated. The whole code looks polished now. But I left office with the thing still incomplete.
Badminton
The little girl is also becoming a permanent fixture at the Monday badminton games. Just like Eng Yeow. But she’s preferred to Eng Yeow because:
She’s female
She kicks ass at badminton
She doesn’t talk as much cock. In fact, she hasn’t spoken anything for 3 weeks.
This is the first time I played badminton since I cleared table with one-cue last Tuesday. I tried to use the same mentality as last Tuesday to play badminton. In the end, I had a more relaxed game, which turned out to be a better. I play better when I don’t care about the results. Bought 2 cans of 100 Plus and 1 can of H2O from the Bangladesh worker selling drinks. I think these are the REAL entrepreneurs. Compared to those copycat businesses copying other people’s business ideas.
Vivek
Drove down to Spottiswoode Park to meet Vivek. We drove to Henderson Coffee Shop for some drinks. Vivek is off alcohol. So I drank Barons alone. There was so much to talk about. We have not seen each other since my first day of work at Great Eastern. He was supposed to meet me last year during the eCargo project. But I had no time to meet him then. Then he got involved in an accident. The Rex he was driving got hit by a van coming out of the small road. The resulting collision caused Vivek’s Rex to knock into a parked bus at the opposite side of the road. Car ended up in the work shop for 2 months. Vivek also gave his side of the story of 2001. Vivek also met Mingshi recently. I’m glad he found some closure of Mingshi’s case as well. Back then, she didn’t acknowledge him as her bf. But now, she said she acknowledged. Complicated huh. We talked until 1+. Then I went to his car park to see his Red Rex. It’s completely stock. Without even a spoiler. Painting was top-notch. He didn’t put his HDB sticker out of common sense. Putting that is like announcing to everyone the place you live. I drove home and reached home at 2:30 am.
The weather
I really loved the weather these few days. It is so cooling that I’ve been keeping the air-conditioning off in the car and in my room. It’s a perfect weather to sit outside and drink in the open air. Almost feels like winter in Singapore. But I’m exaggerating.
Mei’s Fries
Mei messaged me at 11+ pm asking me to buy Mac Fries for her. Too bad I left my phone in the car at the coffeeshop. There goes her Fries. Anyway, she would have died of hunger if she depended on my Fries showing up at 2:30 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home