Sunday, November 13, 2005

[2005 11 13] - [Sun]

Dream
Dreamt of Daddy. It’s a long time since I last dreamt of him. He was walking with a group of church friends. But I can’t recognise any of them. Mummy was following behind. Suddenly he fainted. That’s all I remember.
Breakfast
Woke up at 7:45 am coz we would be going to Aunt Soh Heng’s place after dropping Mei. Had Chwee Kueh for breakfast. I took 6. We dropped Mei & Xuan at church before going to Aunt Soh Heng’s house at Bedok.
Aunt Soh Heng’s place
It’s a 3+1 rm flat. Corner unit. 3rd floor. But it is next to Bedok Central. The place is big at 80+ m^2. Her floor is quite clean. Just like Yen Peng’s house. She didn’t use Dettol. Simply used soap and hot water. My house never had that kind of clean floors before.
Aunt Soh Heng’s PC
The reason why there’s no light at the monitor is because there’s no power cable connected to it!
Rest of the morning
We spent the rest of the morning chit-chatting at her place. Mummy & her were talking about having some home party at her place. They would cook or make poh piah. We’ll plan it for after the O’ Levels, when Pearlyn has finished and Aunt Soh Peck would be free.
Church
There was a sermon on marriage by Cindy Webber. Her husband Jack Webber is also here. I expected some thought-provoking and mind-challenging sermon. But disappointingly, we were simply told things that we already know. Like ‘It’s impossible to change your spouse.’ ‘You should change yourself’. ‘Different people like to be loved differently’. ‘If we shower love on each other, the other person will change’. ‘You must accept each other for what you are’. *Yawn*. I would like advice on what to do if couples fight. What to do if the spark is not there anymore. What to do if the view of the world becomes different. How to have a set of core, unchangaeble believes. I believe most problems surface DURING marriage because they husband & wife were not completely honest about themselves BEFORE marriage. Portraying themselves as someone else during courtship. Show me some romantic lovey dovey couple and I will show you bullshit.
Lunch
Had lunch at Lorong 8 Toa Payoh. Mummy & I originally wanted to ask Aunt Soh Heng out for lunch. But Mei needs to go home to prepare for her Literature Paper tomorrow.
U-Turn to Turf City
Was arguing with Mummy in the morning the faster way to turn to Turf City if we are coming from the City. She didn’t understand what I mean by turning left into Anamalai Avenue and coming out at Sixth Avenue. She kept asking about the other u-turn. Later on, she admitted that she mistook the Turf City entrace to be BEFORE Sixth Avenue when coming from Upper Bukit Timah.
Jogging
Jogged 2 rounds around Hua Guan Estate. Estimated to be 3km. Some Ang Moh kid said hi to me from his garden. I also did 50 sit-ups before jogging. Saw Kiat at his home. He was with a Malay guy peering into some glass cage.
Handyman
Tried to remove the bottle cap from the sink hole with a pair of pliers.. It’s been there for ages. Some how you need to remove the piping to remove the bottle cap. Strange. I wonder how it got there in the first place.
Slept
Slept for an hour from 5 pm to 6 pm before going out for dinner.
Dinner @ Eminent Plaza
Both Granny & I suggested this place at the same time. She had Pig’s Organs soup. I ordered my usual Starlit Curry. Mummy & Mei went for the Wan Ton Mee.
Bed!
Ling & I went down to ‘The Furniture Mall’. It’s behind Plaza Hotel. From the outside, it looks very run-down. But once you are inside, it is totally different. We parked at Plaza Hotel. The sign says $3 for first hour. But nobody came to collect any money. We bought a bed from Novena for $1050. Paid a deposit fof $350. It’s something that Ling & I liked from the start. First the legs are not at the corners. Secondly, there’s enough clearance to sweep the floor underneath. That’s the only bed in the shop that met our requirements. We had some discussion about the colour though. But we settled for beige. At 160cm x 200cm, it is just nice to fit into my room. I got the same feeling for it just like the flat at Blk 63B. Called Mummy immediately to tell her about the purchase. She was quite surprised too.
Newton Circus
Brought Ling to eat the Liu De Hua Prawn Noodles. I ordered Asahi and asked for ‘Big Can’, expecting the 500ml can. But lo-and-behold, a 1 litre giant appeared with 2 mugs. Luckily I asked him not to open in time. I didn’t know the 500ml can had a bigger brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home