Wednesday, December 14, 2005

[2005 12 14] - [Wed]

Morning
Had Myojo Laksa for breakfast. Followed Mummy to work. Went Fitness First to bathe.
Useless CA Software
Gave it to Daxin. Asked him to throw it away if he doesn’t want it.
‘Chicken Wing’
He came by while I was showing the photos to Simon. But I don’t feel like entertaining him. So I just told him that we were having a private discussion.
IR Photos
Highlight of the photos is the one where I took BK sleeping. It’s quite hilarious. I wish I could join him coz the event was so meaningless and boring. But too bad I was the photo-journalist of the day.
My Map
It has been moved back to cover my ‘window to the world’. Daxin moved it coz a few other colleagues and him were using my line for a conference call with China? Does that mean I can call overseas from my phone? No. Sadly, it is only on a per-call basis.
Guardian Game
Intro-ed by Daxin. It sucks. Feels like taking a ‘big and stupid elephant’ to war.
Errands
Sent Xmas Cards for Mummy. 4 to Australia and 1 to Ann in Taiwan. Changed the batteries for Mummy’s 2 watches.
Lunch
Packeted Vegetarian Bee Hoon for lunch. The Auntie seems to be in good mood. Charging me only 80c. There’s only 5 of us at the pantry taking lunch. Karnala, Dharmesh, Daxin, Tang Seng & me. We talked about movies. War of the Worlds is still the most sucky movie of all time. Now then I know Steven Spielberg is the director of War of the Worlds. It doesn’t feel like his movie at all.
IR Writeup
Completed it. Sent to Simon for initial vetting. He then sent it to Koh Wee for ultimate vetting.
iPlanner
Completed the hard-coded portion. That will take the monkey off my back as I give myself the next day to figure out a way to make it dynamic. Maybe to work on the HTML Generator Engine again.
Dinner
Took 970 to Great World City. Had dinner at Great World Food Court. We then went Cold Storage where I got a can of Barons. Looked for the lift. But the lift sign pointed us to the Loading/Unloading bay. When we went up to the first floor by escalator, we realised that the lift is actually in the middle of the shopping centre. We were looking at the wrong place.
‘The Promise’ - Gala Premiere
There was an event. Promoting ‘The Promise’. But too bad Daxin and I couldn’t gatecrash it as it is an exclusive event and it is scheduled to start at the same time as King Kong. The staff told us that Jang Dong Jun is coming. Who is he? Never heard of him. Daxin said he acted in ‘Brothers’. This is what I like about Great World City. A lot of events are held here on the first day of screening. We should have watched the King Kong premiere last night. Maybe they would have got some impersonated King Kong to serve us beer or have some fancy dress party.
King Kong, The Movie
It's 3 hours long. Director Peter Jackson tried to incorporate a lot of themes into the movie. Romance, Humour, Excitement, Action, Gross Creatures. For the first half-an-hour of the movie, it didn't feel like a King Kong movie. Scene opened with New York in the 1930s (my guess). It started with the female lead who is a jester in a theatre. Her theatre closed down and she had to look for work. Scene changes to an unscrupulous (that was what I felt) director who was trying to obtain funding from his bosses to film a movie at a deserted island called Skull Island. The bosses didn't agree. But he secretly recruited the female lead and embarked on his journey (Dunno how he managed to get the movie). On the ship there was a scripwriter whom he hired and didn't pay. This scripwriter would be the male lead that falls in love with the female lead (who else?). Director doesn't tells them the real destination. Bluffs all of them that they are going to Singapore. Gets the Captain to change course halfway through the journey. The Captain (he looks the intelligent street-wise sort) actually agrees! So they go into a thick fog where compasses don't work and basically rams into the island literally. The filming crew gets on the island. Encounter some natives who can't speak English (obviously). They turned hostile and killed some of them. One of the old female natives chanted some hostile things. While she was chanting, I can see her middle finger pointed upwards (is that on purpose or the sub-conscious part of us 21st century beings). They were about to kill the filming crew when the shipping came with guns and saved them. They then went back to the ship preparing to leave. One of the natives managed to get onto the ship using some kind of pole vault method later in the night. And kidnapped the female lead (they had to, if not nobody will give a fuck about him/her). The natives planned to sacrifice her to King Kong. For food or sex I don't know. Really. So the crew go back to try to save her. But they were minutes late. Though they chased away the natives with guns (the natives never appeared in the movie again), she was already caught by King Kong when they got there. King Kong and the female lead began to build some friendship of some sort. She performed a few tricks using her skills as a jester and made King Kong laugh (laugh?! Didn’t know King Kong can laugh. This part is hilarious). King Kong wouldn’t want her to stop performing. Then he threw a tantrum and left when she refused to continue her performance. So the female lead left the place too. And ran into some dinosaurs. King Kong came to save her (fighting off 3 T-Rexes in the process) and they went up some mountains to see the sunset. Meanwhile, the guys on board went into the island to look for her. The stupid director is still trying to film things. They encountered a pack of stampeding Brontosauraus. There were Raptors trying to eat them as well. More guys get killed. They then ran into King Kong (he haven’t saved the female lead from the dinosaurs yet). One of the guys stupidly fires his gun at him and King Kong kills more people. The survivor drops into a valley of giant spiders, giant worms, giant flies. More people gets killed. They get saved by… the remaining shipping crew from the ship with their guns. They must have been marksmen coz they can fire machine-gun style into the valley and only those giant insects get killed. The scripwriter (still surviving) ventures alone to save the female lead while the rest goes to the sea area to prepare a trap for King Kong. The scriptwriter manages to locate they place where King Kong was viewing the sunset (Dunno how he managed it. He must have consulted ‘The Oracle’ from Matrix). King Kong and the female lead was sleeping. Of course King Kong wakes up when he wake the girl up. Just then, some bats came out to attack King Kong to distract his attention (The bats looked very unfriendly, I thought they were eyeing the human). Somehow, the scriptwriter caught the girl, they caught on one of the bats who brought them down into the water. It looked so incredulous. The 2 of them then ran towards the sea with King Kong in hot pursuit. When they reached the seaside, King Kong got subdued with a Harpoon hook and a bottle of Chlorofoam. King Kong didn’t die. He just fainted. This is funny as King Kong can withstand bullets and more bottles of Chlorofoam earlier on in the battles. This is just 2/3 of the story. The stupid director brings King Kong back to New York as an exhibit-cum-play. He unveals a chained-up King Kong in the theatre. King Kong gets agitated by the camera flashes. Breaks free from the ‘Chrome-Steel Chains’ as if they were Rafia Strings. Then King Kong tries to look for the female lead. The scriptwriter appeared. He then drove a taxi to divert King Kong’s attention and led King Kong to some desserted part of New York. The female lead suddenly appears. Then King Kong and her played on the frozen lake (it was Xmas). By now, the troops were called in and they started firing at King Kong using Mortars. King Kong then brought the girl to the top of the Empire State Building to see the sunrise (Good timing huh). Airplanes come and kill King Kong (King Kong killed 3 airplanes in return) and he drops to the street below. The scriptwriter takes the lift up to top of the Empire State Building and hugs the girl just as she was crying (Loved developed between them during the voyage). The stupid director then appeared at King Kong’s body and muttered ‘The Beauty Killed the Beast’ and left. Movie ends.
King Kong - Epilogue
I didn’t feel sad or sorry for King Kong when he died. Maybe I was too cynical to appreciate the intense friendship between him and the girl. In my view he was only good to 1 human being. For the rest of the human beings, they had to kill him for self-survival. If I was the pilot I would have shot him for killing my friend/colleague. King Kong even tried to kill the Scriptwriter, who did him no harm. I felt more for the giant gorilla (he didn’t die) in Mighty Joe Young and some other giant Gorilla (this one died) show that I watched in the 80s (Maybe the original King Kong).
Jang Dong Jun
He was at the GV Grand VIP Café when the movie ended. Caught a glimpse of him giving an interview.
Going home
Took 970 home. Asked Daxin to take with me so that he could alight at Commonwealth MRT Station. In case he didn’t get the last train, he can still catch 147.
Can’t sleep
Somehow I can’t get to sleep. Maybe I slept too early last night. I think I finally fell asleep at 2+ am after hitting the bed at 12:30 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home