[2005 12 13] - [Tue]
Going to Hotel Rendezvous
Skipped breakfast as it will be provided at the Incident Response workshop. Mummy fetched me there. It was drizzling when we left home. By the time I reached there at 7:40 am, a heavy downpour welcomed me into the hotel.
IR Workshop - Preparation
Asked the Hotel Café whether there’s any breakfast for GE Staff. A check showed that there aren’t. Then I called Simon. He was already there! I think he didn’t sleep much last night. Still messaged me at 2+ am last night. David was also there helping in the set-up. My official job is to be a photo-journalist.
IR Workshop - Breakfast
As revealed by Amilyn. Breakfast is served outside the meeting room. The Carrot Cake is nice. Especially the eggs. I had the honour of being the first to taste it.
IR Workshop - Speeches
It’s not easy going into a workshop. Having actually LISTEN to those speakers. And keep a record of what they spoke. Hock Lye’s speech was interesting enough. There’s still a ‘listenable’ factor of 5/10. Eddie Chau from eCop was next. Topic was getting heavy with him starting off things with the Regional e-Security Index. Next was some guy from Pricewaterhouse Coopers. Name is Chan Hiang Tiak. He head move so much and facial expression changed so much that I had a hard time getting a good picture of him with a GOOD EXPRESSION. The pictures came out as if it was a movie poster for a comedy.
Tea Break
Tea Break was… Carrot Cake! It’s left over from breakfast. At least it is GOOD leftover from breakfast.
IR Workshop - ‘Chicken Wing’
Chicken Wing gave his speech after tea break. What?! He’s actually repeating what is being shared by the 2 speakers earlier in the morning. How am I going to write a summary on it? Maybe I should not use the word repeating. ‘Re-iterate’ sounds more politically correct.
Lunch
Buffet Lunch. Highlight was the Tom Yam Soup and Laksa. Sat with Ken and Jenny. We were recalling the first time I met Ken. When he interviewed me. Ken told me the importance of being well-groomed. He feels that if somebody can’t take care of himself. How can he take care of the system. He also said that when people are chosen for promotion. Their own grooming is also taken into account. Interesting conversation. Allows me to see things from a different perspective. Simon came and we then talked about cars. Ken was suaning Simon for not even knowing how a Spark Plug works. Ken told me about what he read on the BMW forum about the new E90 3 Series. It’s problematic. One poor guy sent his car back to the workshop 5 times. After that, the price of the car started going South. After that, the 2 of them were trying to psycho Jenny into changing her old Toyota Corona for a new car since her COE was bought at a high rate. A high COE rate implies a high COE depreciation rate.
IR Workshop - Tabletop Exercise
We had a Scenario about Lifehub being down after LPs received bogus emails. Originally it is intended for the relevant parties to go through the scenario like what they will have done as of today. But when NT spoke, he was jumping the gun. Trying to play the role of the CSIRT co-ordinator. Which is Yong Kian. Some how the whole thing is quite messy. I can say that it is a failure. But since there’s no failure. There are lessons learnt. Lesson learnt is that everyone has their own idea of how to handle the scenario. Mercifully, it finished at 3:15 pm to usher in Tea Break.
IR Workshop - Drag Drag & more Drag
Went back in. Expecting things to be wrapped up. Instead, Koh Wee went through the scenarios again. Analysing on what are the proper things to do.
Ling
Messaged her. She had KFC for lunch. I think we will ban such food about 3 months prior to the wedding.
Lucky Draw
Won some useless CA software at the lucky draw.
Going Home
The workshop finished at 4:50 pm. It has grossly overrun. By the time I boarded 174, it was already 4:56 pm.
King Albert Park
Came here to rent Blade I & II + Scary Movie 3 from Video Ezy at $14 for 7 days. The Video Ezy guy was asking if my DVD Player is multi-coded. There would be no replacement DVDs for wrong DVD code. I told him that I’ll be watching my my Laptop. Didn’t know there are still single-coded DVD players around. Thought they are already extinct?
Panadol
Bought Panadol for Granny from Cold Storage. It’s the first time I’m buying Panadol for months already. There are so many different kinds of Panadal. Some for PMS. Some for the head. There’s even one for Mucles and Joints. I took the Muscles and Joints type for Granny. Don’t think she will have PMS or headache.
Dinner @ Home
Had dinner at home. There’s fish and boiled peanuts. For the first time there is no Minced Meat.
Backyard Curtain
Took the orange rope from my room to try to fix up the backyard bamboo curtain. At first I wanted to join it with the existing rope. But Resti advised against it. Instead, we replaced the rope. Resti helped with the tying of the knot. The whole exercise was easier than I expected. I thought I would be spending lots of time figuring out the pulley system.
Rest of the night
Took a bath and watched Scary Movie III. Only to realise that I’ve watched it before. Pui! Nevertheless I still finished it as there are English subtitles. Mei came in and asked me to help her check her JC posting on Friday. Slept very early last night at 10 pm. Left the lights, hi-fi & T41 on. Turned off the T41 at 10:20 pm after waking up briefly.
Skipped breakfast as it will be provided at the Incident Response workshop. Mummy fetched me there. It was drizzling when we left home. By the time I reached there at 7:40 am, a heavy downpour welcomed me into the hotel.
IR Workshop - Preparation
Asked the Hotel Café whether there’s any breakfast for GE Staff. A check showed that there aren’t. Then I called Simon. He was already there! I think he didn’t sleep much last night. Still messaged me at 2+ am last night. David was also there helping in the set-up. My official job is to be a photo-journalist.
IR Workshop - Breakfast
As revealed by Amilyn. Breakfast is served outside the meeting room. The Carrot Cake is nice. Especially the eggs. I had the honour of being the first to taste it.
IR Workshop - Speeches
It’s not easy going into a workshop. Having actually LISTEN to those speakers. And keep a record of what they spoke. Hock Lye’s speech was interesting enough. There’s still a ‘listenable’ factor of 5/10. Eddie Chau from eCop was next. Topic was getting heavy with him starting off things with the Regional e-Security Index. Next was some guy from Pricewaterhouse Coopers. Name is Chan Hiang Tiak. He head move so much and facial expression changed so much that I had a hard time getting a good picture of him with a GOOD EXPRESSION. The pictures came out as if it was a movie poster for a comedy.
Tea Break
Tea Break was… Carrot Cake! It’s left over from breakfast. At least it is GOOD leftover from breakfast.
IR Workshop - ‘Chicken Wing’
Chicken Wing gave his speech after tea break. What?! He’s actually repeating what is being shared by the 2 speakers earlier in the morning. How am I going to write a summary on it? Maybe I should not use the word repeating. ‘Re-iterate’ sounds more politically correct.
Lunch
Buffet Lunch. Highlight was the Tom Yam Soup and Laksa. Sat with Ken and Jenny. We were recalling the first time I met Ken. When he interviewed me. Ken told me the importance of being well-groomed. He feels that if somebody can’t take care of himself. How can he take care of the system. He also said that when people are chosen for promotion. Their own grooming is also taken into account. Interesting conversation. Allows me to see things from a different perspective. Simon came and we then talked about cars. Ken was suaning Simon for not even knowing how a Spark Plug works. Ken told me about what he read on the BMW forum about the new E90 3 Series. It’s problematic. One poor guy sent his car back to the workshop 5 times. After that, the price of the car started going South. After that, the 2 of them were trying to psycho Jenny into changing her old Toyota Corona for a new car since her COE was bought at a high rate. A high COE rate implies a high COE depreciation rate.
IR Workshop - Tabletop Exercise
We had a Scenario about Lifehub being down after LPs received bogus emails. Originally it is intended for the relevant parties to go through the scenario like what they will have done as of today. But when NT spoke, he was jumping the gun. Trying to play the role of the CSIRT co-ordinator. Which is Yong Kian. Some how the whole thing is quite messy. I can say that it is a failure. But since there’s no failure. There are lessons learnt. Lesson learnt is that everyone has their own idea of how to handle the scenario. Mercifully, it finished at 3:15 pm to usher in Tea Break.
IR Workshop - Drag Drag & more Drag
Went back in. Expecting things to be wrapped up. Instead, Koh Wee went through the scenarios again. Analysing on what are the proper things to do.
Ling
Messaged her. She had KFC for lunch. I think we will ban such food about 3 months prior to the wedding.
Lucky Draw
Won some useless CA software at the lucky draw.
Going Home
The workshop finished at 4:50 pm. It has grossly overrun. By the time I boarded 174, it was already 4:56 pm.
King Albert Park
Came here to rent Blade I & II + Scary Movie 3 from Video Ezy at $14 for 7 days. The Video Ezy guy was asking if my DVD Player is multi-coded. There would be no replacement DVDs for wrong DVD code. I told him that I’ll be watching my my Laptop. Didn’t know there are still single-coded DVD players around. Thought they are already extinct?
Panadol
Bought Panadol for Granny from Cold Storage. It’s the first time I’m buying Panadol for months already. There are so many different kinds of Panadal. Some for PMS. Some for the head. There’s even one for Mucles and Joints. I took the Muscles and Joints type for Granny. Don’t think she will have PMS or headache.
Dinner @ Home
Had dinner at home. There’s fish and boiled peanuts. For the first time there is no Minced Meat.
Backyard Curtain
Took the orange rope from my room to try to fix up the backyard bamboo curtain. At first I wanted to join it with the existing rope. But Resti advised against it. Instead, we replaced the rope. Resti helped with the tying of the knot. The whole exercise was easier than I expected. I thought I would be spending lots of time figuring out the pulley system.
Rest of the night
Took a bath and watched Scary Movie III. Only to realise that I’ve watched it before. Pui! Nevertheless I still finished it as there are English subtitles. Mei came in and asked me to help her check her JC posting on Friday. Slept very early last night at 10 pm. Left the lights, hi-fi & T41 on. Turned off the T41 at 10:20 pm after waking up briefly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home