[2005 12 10] - [Sat]
Morning
Woke up at 9 am. Mei took my Carrot Cake. So Resti went to buy Bee Hoon for me. Sent 2 racquets to Beauty World replace the hand guard. They actually belong to Mummy and Aunt Soh Heng. Should have done it last week but we forgot about it. It costs only $4 for the 2 racquets.
Air-conditioning filter
Took out my air-conditioning filter. Full of dust. Spent a good 10 minutes cleaning them before leaving them out to dry.
Lunch
Took cab to Clementi with Granny for lunch. It was the Coffee Shop next to the interchange. It has changed a lot. Upgraded. The prices are upgraded too. Had Fried Rice. Granny had MVR. Granny’s MVR is expensive. $2.50 for just 2 simple dishes. Took cab back with Granny after lunch. The cab fare is only $5 one way. If 4 persons were to take, it would be the same price as taking a bus down.
Job at ITE
Took 961 down. Ling applied for a job at ITE HQ. The form is really long. Ling took a total of 1 hour to fill the form. The job title is 'Senior Officer'. There are 2 department that Ling chose. The Academic department and the Examinations department. Ling mused that if she screwed up in the Examinations department, the results would be disastrous.
Taiwanese Serial
Watched the serial from 1 pm to 3 pm. It feels as if it's the last episode. But then, you'll never know.
Katong Laksa @ Holland V
Came here with Ling to eat lunch. Only Ling ordered. I don't like Katong Laksa. Tastes like diluted Laksa to me.
Drew money
Drew $90 @ Tanglin Halt for Fuxing's wedding tonight.
8250 Cover
Went to Holland Village to look for a new 8250 cover for Ling. But we couldn't find a shop that sells it. Even the handphone shop within the optical shop at Tanglin Halt didn't sell it.
Fried Oyster
Packeted it @ Tanglin Halt on the way back to Ling's. It's still my favourite Fried Oyster. But Ling & I don't like oysters. So her Dad finished the oysters for us.
Going to Grand Hyatt Hotel
Left Ling's Home around 5:35 pm. Went Home. Bathed. Waited for Yeo from 6:30 pm to 7:10 pm before he appeared with Alex in his brother's Lexus SUV. There was a jam at Stevens Road on the way down. I think it is caused by the Orchard Road ERP that doesn't end until 8 pm. Followed Alex & Yeo. Wrote my name on the $80 Ang Pau that I'll give later.
Locating the ballroom
It feels like a treasure hunt. There were at least 3 couples getting married at Grand Hyatt tonight. Luckily I know Fuxing's name. I pity those that are the parents' friends who might not know the names of the couple.
My table
Besides Alex & Yeo. Consisted of Francis. Our battery commander. Boring guy. At least to me. Liew. Don't click with him. Always talking big. Chye. Vegetarian. Accountant. No common interests. Peter Chong. Quite ok. Another Fitness First Member. We are all from the same reservist unit. Poh, Ong Chong Wee & Ivan all couldn't make it.
Poh's car
It died on him at Orchard Road. So he ended up missing the wedding.
Food
It was fucking lousy. At least from my biased and warped point of view. Didn't touch the cold dish as it had prawns in every section. Didn't touch the Shark's Fin. Funny prawn taste in it. Next was the Roast Chicken. Yeo actually took a boneless piece for me and Alex deboned another piece for me. The first dish I actually ate was the Abalone Mushroom. Next was prawns. Again?! After that was the Glass Noodles. Didn't touch the dessert.
Alcohol Factor
It's not free flow. Alex, Yeo & I drank Tiger Beer. There was Red Wine too. We tried to order by jugs. But the cute waitress said that they don't serve in jugs. But they brought out a jug and placed at some side table anyway. We took the whole jug and the waitress began to refill our jugs. They got our point. Played the finger on glass game and had fun among ourselves. With Francis occasionally guest starring. Played 5-10 later on.
Fun Factor
Absolutely Zero. Fuxing only drank one mouthful of beer. His brothers drank for him as if we were evil friends. Our table people were boring. Can't hear anything from the Yam Seng except for the pathetic few on stage. The thank you speech was quite ordinary and lacked humour. We had to ask for the free parking coupons ourselves. If I were the groom, I would have placed those coupons at the receptionist table.
Zoukout
We left the dinner at 10:45 pm. Fetched Stephen from Cairnhill. Dropped Alex & Stephen at Sixth Avenue (Jerm's place). They will be going down to Zoukout.
Al-Ameen
After dropping Alex & Stephen, Yeo & I went to Al-Ameen for some more food. I ordered Nasi Pattaya & Teh O Kosong. Yeo had the Milo Dinosaur. We had a long talk about many things.
Talking about Sentosa trip
Yeo said that if he know that Ling would be coming to stay, he will politely leave with Alex & Val to give Ling & I time together. Somehow he feels quite pai se. But I assured him that Ling is okay with it.
Yeo's sister
Ran into her driving the Mazda 6 while we were going back to car park. She doesn't recall who I am. Not surprised. I've only been to Yeo's place less than 5 times.
Home
Yeo messaged that it was good having that heart to heart talk at Al-Ameen. I felt the same way too. It made me think about including Ling more into my decision-making process. Yeo bet against Ah Kit by taking Blackburn. Ah Kit took West Ham. In the end Blackburn won 3-2. Luckily he didn't join Ah Kit for tonight. At least the money flowed between them rather than to the bookies.
Woke up at 9 am. Mei took my Carrot Cake. So Resti went to buy Bee Hoon for me. Sent 2 racquets to Beauty World replace the hand guard. They actually belong to Mummy and Aunt Soh Heng. Should have done it last week but we forgot about it. It costs only $4 for the 2 racquets.
Air-conditioning filter
Took out my air-conditioning filter. Full of dust. Spent a good 10 minutes cleaning them before leaving them out to dry.
Lunch
Took cab to Clementi with Granny for lunch. It was the Coffee Shop next to the interchange. It has changed a lot. Upgraded. The prices are upgraded too. Had Fried Rice. Granny had MVR. Granny’s MVR is expensive. $2.50 for just 2 simple dishes. Took cab back with Granny after lunch. The cab fare is only $5 one way. If 4 persons were to take, it would be the same price as taking a bus down.
Job at ITE
Took 961 down. Ling applied for a job at ITE HQ. The form is really long. Ling took a total of 1 hour to fill the form. The job title is 'Senior Officer'. There are 2 department that Ling chose. The Academic department and the Examinations department. Ling mused that if she screwed up in the Examinations department, the results would be disastrous.
Taiwanese Serial
Watched the serial from 1 pm to 3 pm. It feels as if it's the last episode. But then, you'll never know.
Katong Laksa @ Holland V
Came here with Ling to eat lunch. Only Ling ordered. I don't like Katong Laksa. Tastes like diluted Laksa to me.
Drew money
Drew $90 @ Tanglin Halt for Fuxing's wedding tonight.
8250 Cover
Went to Holland Village to look for a new 8250 cover for Ling. But we couldn't find a shop that sells it. Even the handphone shop within the optical shop at Tanglin Halt didn't sell it.
Fried Oyster
Packeted it @ Tanglin Halt on the way back to Ling's. It's still my favourite Fried Oyster. But Ling & I don't like oysters. So her Dad finished the oysters for us.
Going to Grand Hyatt Hotel
Left Ling's Home around 5:35 pm. Went Home. Bathed. Waited for Yeo from 6:30 pm to 7:10 pm before he appeared with Alex in his brother's Lexus SUV. There was a jam at Stevens Road on the way down. I think it is caused by the Orchard Road ERP that doesn't end until 8 pm. Followed Alex & Yeo. Wrote my name on the $80 Ang Pau that I'll give later.
Locating the ballroom
It feels like a treasure hunt. There were at least 3 couples getting married at Grand Hyatt tonight. Luckily I know Fuxing's name. I pity those that are the parents' friends who might not know the names of the couple.
My table
Besides Alex & Yeo. Consisted of Francis. Our battery commander. Boring guy. At least to me. Liew. Don't click with him. Always talking big. Chye. Vegetarian. Accountant. No common interests. Peter Chong. Quite ok. Another Fitness First Member. We are all from the same reservist unit. Poh, Ong Chong Wee & Ivan all couldn't make it.
Poh's car
It died on him at Orchard Road. So he ended up missing the wedding.
Food
It was fucking lousy. At least from my biased and warped point of view. Didn't touch the cold dish as it had prawns in every section. Didn't touch the Shark's Fin. Funny prawn taste in it. Next was the Roast Chicken. Yeo actually took a boneless piece for me and Alex deboned another piece for me. The first dish I actually ate was the Abalone Mushroom. Next was prawns. Again?! After that was the Glass Noodles. Didn't touch the dessert.
Alcohol Factor
It's not free flow. Alex, Yeo & I drank Tiger Beer. There was Red Wine too. We tried to order by jugs. But the cute waitress said that they don't serve in jugs. But they brought out a jug and placed at some side table anyway. We took the whole jug and the waitress began to refill our jugs. They got our point. Played the finger on glass game and had fun among ourselves. With Francis occasionally guest starring. Played 5-10 later on.
Fun Factor
Absolutely Zero. Fuxing only drank one mouthful of beer. His brothers drank for him as if we were evil friends. Our table people were boring. Can't hear anything from the Yam Seng except for the pathetic few on stage. The thank you speech was quite ordinary and lacked humour. We had to ask for the free parking coupons ourselves. If I were the groom, I would have placed those coupons at the receptionist table.
Zoukout
We left the dinner at 10:45 pm. Fetched Stephen from Cairnhill. Dropped Alex & Stephen at Sixth Avenue (Jerm's place). They will be going down to Zoukout.
Al-Ameen
After dropping Alex & Stephen, Yeo & I went to Al-Ameen for some more food. I ordered Nasi Pattaya & Teh O Kosong. Yeo had the Milo Dinosaur. We had a long talk about many things.
Talking about Sentosa trip
Yeo said that if he know that Ling would be coming to stay, he will politely leave with Alex & Val to give Ling & I time together. Somehow he feels quite pai se. But I assured him that Ling is okay with it.
Yeo's sister
Ran into her driving the Mazda 6 while we were going back to car park. She doesn't recall who I am. Not surprised. I've only been to Yeo's place less than 5 times.
Home
Yeo messaged that it was good having that heart to heart talk at Al-Ameen. I felt the same way too. It made me think about including Ling more into my decision-making process. Yeo bet against Ah Kit by taking Blackburn. Ah Kit took West Ham. In the end Blackburn won 3-2. Luckily he didn't join Ah Kit for tonight. At least the money flowed between them rather than to the bookies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home