Sunday, December 04, 2005

[2005 12 04] - [Sun]

Morning
Sent Granny, Resti & Mei to their churches. There was Fried Rice & Chui Kueh waiting for me at home.
Summon
TP sent the summon over by post. They are so efficient huh. When it comes to collecting money from me.
Econnect Testing
Deleon called in the morning asking us to test eConnect. Maybe they installed something new.
Usher at Church
Helped Mummy out with the ushering. Stationed myself at the entrance nearer the lift. It was quite a change from the other side of the coin. Having to give out the church programme for the day and giving everyone a morning greeting. Went around to collect the cups after the holy communion. It’s my first time doing it too. Thankfully, everyone was singing ‘Amazing Grace’. How can I forget this song? After all, this was Ah Ma’s favourite song before she passed away in 1986.
Sermon at Church
Pastor Goh was speaking. Nothing spectacular except for 2 moments. 1 was when his jacket interfered with the wireless mike and he had to take it off. The other was when the wireless mike ran out of battery and he had to use the worship leader’s mike.
Junction to turn into Courts
Went through the road between Beauty World & Al-Ameen to get to courts. Didn’t know that the Jalan Anak Bukit bypass can access the courts entrance too. Lesson learnt.
Buying Blender @ Courts
Mummy went to Courts to buy a blender. There are actually 2 prices listed. One is $19.90 with a year’s warranty. The other is $26 something for 2 years’ warranty.
Looking around @ Courts
Went to look at the wardrobes and the TV Cupboards. Nothing caught our eye. They all look filmsy even when they were in the showroom.
Lunch
Had Chui Kueh and Otak for lunch at home. Man Ku called when we were at Courts. No one answered when she called home. Turns out that Granny had lunch with Resti in church.
Paid TP Fine
Paid the speeding fine of $150. Nothing much else I can do or say.
Entry of foreign cars into Singapore
Called up LTA. It's prohibited for any Singapore Citizen, Singapore PR or Singapore Resident to drive any foreign registered vehicle into Singapore. Even a rented car. Now I gotta look for another way to transport my albums back from JB.
Swimming @ Tanglin Club
Out of the blue, Mummy & Mei decided to go to the gym at Tanglin Club. We brought Granny along. Took some photos. I went swimming. After 4 laps I didn't get tired. I got bored. So I got out and started looking around. The people are either young kids or middle-aged folks. No eye candies around too.
Mummy swam too
She swam after her gym workout. Mei didn't swim. We played Table-Tennis after I bathed instead.
Renovated bathroom
It is now carpetted. The bathroom should be one of the best club bathrooms around.
Dinner @ The Wheelhouse
Had Spaghetti Bolognaise & Mulligawtawny Soup for dinner. I noticed the Herbal Butter at the Salad Bar and wasted no time in getting it. Granny & Mummy shared a Hokkien Mee. Mei had Vanilla milk shake.
Tanglin Club Membership
I would certainly want a Tanglin Club Membership in the near future. Only this place feels like a club. The rest like Raffles Town Club feel like upgraded CCs with all the Aunties and bawling kids. At least kids are banned here after a certain time.
Fetching Mei to Serangoon Gardens
Mei is going to spend the night at Steph's house. I remember her as the friend of Mei who studied Geomancy. She'll be migrating to the states. Showed Mei the photos & videos I took during her grad.
Ling's Home
Drove to Ling's Home after dropping Mei. Avoided a collision with another car as it swerved into my lane at Farrer Road and I jammed brake.
Star Awards
Watched the Star Awards with Ling. Not much surprises. Chen Hanwei won best Male Actor acting as a injured psychopath. Huang Biren won best Female Actress acting as some fierce tomboy Auntie. It's a pity that Adrian Pang didn't get into the top ten.
Vampire Show part 3
Watched it for the first time. Not bad. Got quite immersed into the story. There's some virus (maybe their version of bird flu) spreading around hell & earth and beings from both sides are joining forces to combat it. Continued watching after driving home from Ling's place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home