[2005 12 21] - [Wed]
Home - Rat in the pail
There was some weird smell in the house. Especially downstairs. We then discovered a rat trapped in the half-filled pail of water at the toilet downstairs. It’s still very alive since rats can float (just found out this morning). The unlucky part (for the rat) of it is that the top of the pail is too far from the water level for the rat to escape.
Breakfast
Asked Resti to buy Bee Hoon for breakfast.
Going to work
Followed Mummy to work. This time I remembered to bring my racquet to office. Left it in the car the day before.
Fitness First
Did 11 reps of 60kg on the chin-up machine. Maybe I’ll increase it to 65kg next week. Wanted to do sit-ups. But the space is occupied. Went to the threadmill for the first time in weeks. Ran 2.4km at speed. After running. Filled 2 cups of water and sat by the poolside. Refreshing.
Work - Meeting on ePortal Strategy
We confirmed the powerpoint document to be sent to KT. Only Tang Seng & I brought our laptops in. It was quite hilarious when Stephen sent the document to Tang Seng’s laptop instead of mine coz my screen is at least 1 inch wider and taller than Tang Seng’s. To cap it all, I actually edited the slide on Tang Seng’s laptop when there were changes to be made and he had to send it to me again. The ePortal Strategy looks like a big planning project. It's beginning to resemble EA as we aggregate all the portals in GELS & GELM.
Lunch - Vegetarian Bee Hoon
Had VBH for lunch. I asked the stall owner what time do they start preparing the food everyday. The Auntie said that it’s prepared by the guy’s brother at 3-4 am daily. Hard work is definitely needed to run a successful food stall. Especially if it has multiple dishes. For those ‘cook-on-the-spot’ stalls, it’s another kind of hard work too.
Work - iPlanner
Chris reported that the question for 2 of the pages are wrong. Luckily she spotted it. I quickly changed it.
Work - Text Qualified String Parser
Worked on this for the last part of the work day. Managed to get it up and running before I went off for IT Night.
LG Phone
The battery runs out quite fast. I need to recharge it every 24 hours.
Xmas Party - Walking to Merchant Court Hotel
Some went by North Bridge Road and North Canal Road. We went by Upper Pickering Street & New Bridge Road. It’s all the same. Since the speakers’ corner is a rectangle.
Xmas Party - Intro
We had our Xmas party at Merchant Court Hotel. It’s actually at one of the ballrooms where couples use for their weddings. Hopefully it will be good as the hype on it is not bad.
Xmas Party - EmCee
EmCee for the night is David Soh. Who else. He’s a natural. Soo Yi is also a very competent co-host as they tried to whip up the atmosphere.
Xmas Party - Alcohol Logistics
There was free-flow beer. This is news to me because I remembered that for the wedding packages at Merchant Court Hotel, there is no free-flow beer. Nevertheless, the beer given is of course our trusty local brand. Tiger Beer. Good as gold around the world. Of course Vincent Goh, Shen Feng, Junxu all had their Mao Tais & Wu Liang Yes on standby. I’m quite impressed by the promptness in which the hotel staff refill our Tiger Beer Mugs. Usually for free-flows, they will take their own sweet time.
Xmas Party - The Food
It was a sumptuous buffet spread worthy of any true-blue Xmas Party. I took white rice, curry sauce, butter, bean curd and fish. Being loyal to my preference of not eating seafood or large pieces of meat. Even the Hokkien Mee had Sotong in it. Urgh. So this was a Carbohydrate buffet for me. I made up for the money spent by working on the Tiger Beer tap.
Xmas Party - Alcohol Intoxication - Me
I estimated myself to have drunk 4 mugs of Tiger Beer. It’s Tiger after all. So it’s a little bit harder to go down. There was Mao Tai and Wu Liang Ye as well. Thanx to Junxu, who went to Shen Feng’s table to get some. I didn’t get as intoxicated as the previous time at K-Box Cineleisure, where we continued to enjoy the free-flow beer all the way to 1 am.
Xmas Party - Alcohol Intoxication - Others
Junxu looks pretty intoxicated. Ditto for Boon Choon. Especially when he went on stage to claim his lucky draw prize. In retrospect, he looks pretty intoxicated all the time. As for the rest at my table, they hardly drank.
Xmas Party - New Alcohol Game from China
Learnt it from Junxu. We had to say ‘Xiong Di Liang Ge Hao Ah, Hao De Bu De Liao Ah’. Then we have to show numbers on one of our hands without using the index fingers except 5. Once a person gets the correct sum of the fingers shown, the other person will drink. There are unique ways to say the number and even Junxu could not remember all of them. Ranging from ‘3 Xin Zhao’, ‘4 Xi’, ‘5 (blah) (blah)’, ‘6 6 Shun’, ‘7 Qiao’, ‘8 Pi Ma’. 9 and 10 we really dunno. In the end, it became ‘n Pi Ma’ all the way. Another obstacle is the index finger. It’s so damn bloody hard to get the index finger to stay home. Of course Junxu thrashed me in it. But I’m glad I learnt a new game. We alternated between 5-10 and this China Game.
Xmas Party - Game 1 - Drinking game
There was a drinking game. 5 guys and 5 ladies were volunteered to go on stage to demonstrate their drinking skills. It’s 1 mug of Tiger Beer. A bit no challenge leh. I think it should be 5 shots of Vodka. The drinking competition was won by someone called Xiao Ma. Not sure if it’s a real name or a nickname.
Xmas Party - Game 2 - Swing the banana
16 Guys and 16 Gals were again volunteered onto the stage. The guy hangs a banana between his legs using a raffia string tied around the waist. The guy had to use the swinging banana to control a balloon partially-filled with water. Aim is to roll the balloon through the 2 chair legs in front of the chair. The girl sits on the chair. So there were lots of comical moments and kelong moments. Bob was clearly losing the game purposely so that Linda & him wouldn’t have to advance into the 2nd round. Simon & Pooi Yeng were volunteered because of their similarities in size. The game was won by Soon Bin & Wanting. Who else right? After all, they are a married couple and in that instance, the guy will have more confidence being physically near the gal.
Xmas Party - How to pronounce ‘Ngee’
David had a horrid time trying to pronounce the ‘Ngee’ in Chay Ngee’s name. I thought only Ang Mohs will have trouble with it. Some more David doesn’t look like the American Born Chinese type. In fact, he couldn’t pronounce ‘Chay’ as well. So we all heard the different incantations Chay Ngee’s name like ‘Chai Gee’, ‘Chai Nee’. Someone should have told him that the ‘Ngee’ is the ‘Ngee’ in ‘Ngee Ann City’.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Rules
We each had a lucky draw coupon. We will put our coupons in 1 of 5 boxes. Each box denotes a prize. The boxes represented iPod Nano, Red Wine, Massager, Air Purifier, Voucher & a mystery box. A draw will be conducted for each box. Prizes will be given to the person even if the person has left early. So there will be no re-drawing if the winner fails to turn up. I like the spirit of it. Even those on duty in the System Ops room during the dinner are in the lucky and their prizes are kept for them too.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - My Choice
I chose the Red Wine box. It’s a no-brainer. Don’t think I want the Ipod since my XDA IIs plays MP3 perfectly. Don’t have a need for air purifier or a massager. They sound so Uncle & Auntie. I’m not a fan of shopping so the voucher’s out. I’m not keen on the mystery box either.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Massager & Air Purifier
Not much takers for these 2. So they boxes are combined and a draw is made on the countable combined coupons.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Mystery Prize
There was an iPod, a buffet lunch for 2, some other prizes that I can’t remember. So the Mystery Prizes are indeed worthy prizes.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - My Prize
Won the Red Wine. So I can add it to the alcohol inventory list on Saturday. Soo Yi commented that the prize suits me very well when I went on stage to receive it.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - iPod Nano Winners
They are Christine Koh & Lionel Lee (not around) were the winners from the iPod box while Tiffany won the iPod from the Mystery Box.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Everyone is a winner
Yeah. Almost. After the draws for the boxes were done. There was also a draw for shopping vouchers ranging from $20 to $50 to ensure that most of us will not go home empty handed. Daxin won a $50 voucher. But Stephen only got $20.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Clapping
The Clapping reached a crescendo for the iPod Nano winners. Nobody clapped for Loke Wing Hon. Near the end of the Lucky Draw, everyone became sian and stopped clapping. Can’t blame us mah. The lucky draw prize-giving lasted one hour.
Xmas Party - Other Prizes - In Sync
There was some prizes given out for people who participated in In Sync.
Xmas Party - Other Prizes - Tech Watch
There was even a certificate presentation for those who participated in Tech Watch. I didn’t even know Tech Watch has been completed! I kept thinking that Indra haven’t submitted the report to Koh Wee. Later on, Stephen told me that after Indra sent the draft to us, he told her to go ahead and send it to Koh Wee. The certificate came in a plastic folder. Quite elaborate. Maybe I will place it on my cupboard the way doctors do in their clinics. I’m now a certified Tech Watcher huh.
There was some weird smell in the house. Especially downstairs. We then discovered a rat trapped in the half-filled pail of water at the toilet downstairs. It’s still very alive since rats can float (just found out this morning). The unlucky part (for the rat) of it is that the top of the pail is too far from the water level for the rat to escape.
Breakfast
Asked Resti to buy Bee Hoon for breakfast.
Going to work
Followed Mummy to work. This time I remembered to bring my racquet to office. Left it in the car the day before.
Fitness First
Did 11 reps of 60kg on the chin-up machine. Maybe I’ll increase it to 65kg next week. Wanted to do sit-ups. But the space is occupied. Went to the threadmill for the first time in weeks. Ran 2.4km at speed. After running. Filled 2 cups of water and sat by the poolside. Refreshing.
Work - Meeting on ePortal Strategy
We confirmed the powerpoint document to be sent to KT. Only Tang Seng & I brought our laptops in. It was quite hilarious when Stephen sent the document to Tang Seng’s laptop instead of mine coz my screen is at least 1 inch wider and taller than Tang Seng’s. To cap it all, I actually edited the slide on Tang Seng’s laptop when there were changes to be made and he had to send it to me again. The ePortal Strategy looks like a big planning project. It's beginning to resemble EA as we aggregate all the portals in GELS & GELM.
Lunch - Vegetarian Bee Hoon
Had VBH for lunch. I asked the stall owner what time do they start preparing the food everyday. The Auntie said that it’s prepared by the guy’s brother at 3-4 am daily. Hard work is definitely needed to run a successful food stall. Especially if it has multiple dishes. For those ‘cook-on-the-spot’ stalls, it’s another kind of hard work too.
Work - iPlanner
Chris reported that the question for 2 of the pages are wrong. Luckily she spotted it. I quickly changed it.
Work - Text Qualified String Parser
Worked on this for the last part of the work day. Managed to get it up and running before I went off for IT Night.
LG Phone
The battery runs out quite fast. I need to recharge it every 24 hours.
Xmas Party - Walking to Merchant Court Hotel
Some went by North Bridge Road and North Canal Road. We went by Upper Pickering Street & New Bridge Road. It’s all the same. Since the speakers’ corner is a rectangle.
Xmas Party - Intro
We had our Xmas party at Merchant Court Hotel. It’s actually at one of the ballrooms where couples use for their weddings. Hopefully it will be good as the hype on it is not bad.
Xmas Party - EmCee
EmCee for the night is David Soh. Who else. He’s a natural. Soo Yi is also a very competent co-host as they tried to whip up the atmosphere.
Xmas Party - Alcohol Logistics
There was free-flow beer. This is news to me because I remembered that for the wedding packages at Merchant Court Hotel, there is no free-flow beer. Nevertheless, the beer given is of course our trusty local brand. Tiger Beer. Good as gold around the world. Of course Vincent Goh, Shen Feng, Junxu all had their Mao Tais & Wu Liang Yes on standby. I’m quite impressed by the promptness in which the hotel staff refill our Tiger Beer Mugs. Usually for free-flows, they will take their own sweet time.
Xmas Party - The Food
It was a sumptuous buffet spread worthy of any true-blue Xmas Party. I took white rice, curry sauce, butter, bean curd and fish. Being loyal to my preference of not eating seafood or large pieces of meat. Even the Hokkien Mee had Sotong in it. Urgh. So this was a Carbohydrate buffet for me. I made up for the money spent by working on the Tiger Beer tap.
Xmas Party - Alcohol Intoxication - Me
I estimated myself to have drunk 4 mugs of Tiger Beer. It’s Tiger after all. So it’s a little bit harder to go down. There was Mao Tai and Wu Liang Ye as well. Thanx to Junxu, who went to Shen Feng’s table to get some. I didn’t get as intoxicated as the previous time at K-Box Cineleisure, where we continued to enjoy the free-flow beer all the way to 1 am.
Xmas Party - Alcohol Intoxication - Others
Junxu looks pretty intoxicated. Ditto for Boon Choon. Especially when he went on stage to claim his lucky draw prize. In retrospect, he looks pretty intoxicated all the time. As for the rest at my table, they hardly drank.
Xmas Party - New Alcohol Game from China
Learnt it from Junxu. We had to say ‘Xiong Di Liang Ge Hao Ah, Hao De Bu De Liao Ah’. Then we have to show numbers on one of our hands without using the index fingers except 5. Once a person gets the correct sum of the fingers shown, the other person will drink. There are unique ways to say the number and even Junxu could not remember all of them. Ranging from ‘3 Xin Zhao’, ‘4 Xi’, ‘5 (blah) (blah)’, ‘6 6 Shun’, ‘7 Qiao’, ‘8 Pi Ma’. 9 and 10 we really dunno. In the end, it became ‘n Pi Ma’ all the way. Another obstacle is the index finger. It’s so damn bloody hard to get the index finger to stay home. Of course Junxu thrashed me in it. But I’m glad I learnt a new game. We alternated between 5-10 and this China Game.
Xmas Party - Game 1 - Drinking game
There was a drinking game. 5 guys and 5 ladies were volunteered to go on stage to demonstrate their drinking skills. It’s 1 mug of Tiger Beer. A bit no challenge leh. I think it should be 5 shots of Vodka. The drinking competition was won by someone called Xiao Ma. Not sure if it’s a real name or a nickname.
Xmas Party - Game 2 - Swing the banana
16 Guys and 16 Gals were again volunteered onto the stage. The guy hangs a banana between his legs using a raffia string tied around the waist. The guy had to use the swinging banana to control a balloon partially-filled with water. Aim is to roll the balloon through the 2 chair legs in front of the chair. The girl sits on the chair. So there were lots of comical moments and kelong moments. Bob was clearly losing the game purposely so that Linda & him wouldn’t have to advance into the 2nd round. Simon & Pooi Yeng were volunteered because of their similarities in size. The game was won by Soon Bin & Wanting. Who else right? After all, they are a married couple and in that instance, the guy will have more confidence being physically near the gal.
Xmas Party - How to pronounce ‘Ngee’
David had a horrid time trying to pronounce the ‘Ngee’ in Chay Ngee’s name. I thought only Ang Mohs will have trouble with it. Some more David doesn’t look like the American Born Chinese type. In fact, he couldn’t pronounce ‘Chay’ as well. So we all heard the different incantations Chay Ngee’s name like ‘Chai Gee’, ‘Chai Nee’. Someone should have told him that the ‘Ngee’ is the ‘Ngee’ in ‘Ngee Ann City’.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Rules
We each had a lucky draw coupon. We will put our coupons in 1 of 5 boxes. Each box denotes a prize. The boxes represented iPod Nano, Red Wine, Massager, Air Purifier, Voucher & a mystery box. A draw will be conducted for each box. Prizes will be given to the person even if the person has left early. So there will be no re-drawing if the winner fails to turn up. I like the spirit of it. Even those on duty in the System Ops room during the dinner are in the lucky and their prizes are kept for them too.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - My Choice
I chose the Red Wine box. It’s a no-brainer. Don’t think I want the Ipod since my XDA IIs plays MP3 perfectly. Don’t have a need for air purifier or a massager. They sound so Uncle & Auntie. I’m not a fan of shopping so the voucher’s out. I’m not keen on the mystery box either.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Massager & Air Purifier
Not much takers for these 2. So they boxes are combined and a draw is made on the countable combined coupons.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Mystery Prize
There was an iPod, a buffet lunch for 2, some other prizes that I can’t remember. So the Mystery Prizes are indeed worthy prizes.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - My Prize
Won the Red Wine. So I can add it to the alcohol inventory list on Saturday. Soo Yi commented that the prize suits me very well when I went on stage to receive it.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - iPod Nano Winners
They are Christine Koh & Lionel Lee (not around) were the winners from the iPod box while Tiffany won the iPod from the Mystery Box.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Everyone is a winner
Yeah. Almost. After the draws for the boxes were done. There was also a draw for shopping vouchers ranging from $20 to $50 to ensure that most of us will not go home empty handed. Daxin won a $50 voucher. But Stephen only got $20.
Xmas Party - Lucky Draw - Clapping
The Clapping reached a crescendo for the iPod Nano winners. Nobody clapped for Loke Wing Hon. Near the end of the Lucky Draw, everyone became sian and stopped clapping. Can’t blame us mah. The lucky draw prize-giving lasted one hour.
Xmas Party - Other Prizes - In Sync
There was some prizes given out for people who participated in In Sync.
Xmas Party - Other Prizes - Tech Watch
There was even a certificate presentation for those who participated in Tech Watch. I didn’t even know Tech Watch has been completed! I kept thinking that Indra haven’t submitted the report to Koh Wee. Later on, Stephen told me that after Indra sent the draft to us, he told her to go ahead and send it to Koh Wee. The certificate came in a plastic folder. Quite elaborate. Maybe I will place it on my cupboard the way doctors do in their clinics. I’m now a certified Tech Watcher huh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home