[2005 12 16] - [Fri]
Breakfast
Had Maggi Curry for breakfast. It’s another week before I start my training for IPPT. So I must enjoy all these food while I can.
Granny’s Panadol
She misplaced it! And now I can’t find it too. Next time must give it to Resti.
Going office
Mummy needed to go office early. So I took 970 to work. Saw David on the way.
Fitness First
Swam 14 laps of freestyle. The pool water smelt funny today. I won’t want to speculate on the cause. It smells like chlorine overdose. Not the slimey or dirty smell.
Sending Speedpost for Mummy
Another document to KL. The Post Office was very crowded today. There’s this backpacker sending her stuff him I guess. Coz in ther parcel were a pair of old shoes and some old clothes.
Mei’s JC Posting
She got posted to ACJC Science. Not very exciting news is it? Maybe coz I see her points and know for sure that she’ll get in. After all I was worse off than her by 1 mark for my prelims and I still got in.
MOE JC Posting Results System
The online system to check actually responded very fast. Impressed. Expected a very heavy load. I checked the html source code. They are running it on Lotus Notes.
iPlanner - Limitations
Went to do testing of my iPlanner HTML code on the Nokia Browser Simulator. It failed miserably. It doesn’t respond well to re-redirects and there’s basically a near-zero tolerance for Javascript. I had to re-write a lot of code. But first must eat lunch first.
Lunch
Packeted MVR for lunch. Asked Stephen to bring my money down for me. Instead, he brought my wallet which contains nothing but cards. I was expecting my card holder which consists of my money. But nevermind. It’s my fault for not being precise on the ‘card holder’ part. There’s a big lunch group today. It’s full attendance from both 12th floor and 14th floor.
Pregnancy
HP is pregnant. First time hearing from her. So there will be another ‘Puppy’ out next year.
MoS
Received an invite to go MoS tonight. It’s from email. I then put SL’s and Laval’s email addresses as invitees. iPlanner - Reloaded
Finished re-coding everything and tested on the Nokia Simulator.
Interesting photo
Saw some interesting photos at kennysia.com and xiaxue.blog. They combined 2 photos into one. So that they appeared twice in each photo. Last time, it used to be difficult with film. Junxu said that there are software to perform the merging for us.
Meeting on PoC OID
Had a meeting with Aiker, Deleon, Choon Hong & Stephen on the PoC OID. We'll buy a new fan. But at the same time, I'll help Deleon deploy WoW to some backup server because of FPMS.
June's last day
June came by to distribute chocolates to us. It's her last day in GE today.
Going Home
Took cab home. Don't want to be late tonight.
Home
Had Minced Meat with Steamed egg for dinner. Then went to bathe before leaving home. Will be wearing the tight-fitting t-shirt tonight.
MoS - Arriving Early
Arrived there damn early at 8:30 pm. The queue didn't form until 8:50 pm. Should have seized the chance to stand in front. Instead, I sauntered slowly and ended up halfway along the lane between MoS & River Valley Road.
MoS - Fire Eaters and other performances
Fire Eaters and ladies walking on styrofoam boxes that were about a foot high. One of the ladies even fell down. One guy in the queue commented that the money would be better spent on free drinks on those in the queue.
Interview by New Paper
Gregory from the New Paper came around the queue, asking if anyone didn't have tickets. He asked me a few questions like where do I usually club, what do I expect from MoS, which room am I going to (I don't even know that MoS has several rooms).
Moblog
Guys & Gals from Moblog came to perform some dance routines and rap. They then tied some ribbons on the left arm of some of those in the queue.
Impressive Car Moments
No. 1 place goes to a Bentley coupe driven by a young lady. No. 2 goes to a Red Ferrari 360 Spider. I remember the numbr plate as '5005'.
Zack
He happened to pass by with some friends. But they didn't plan to enter MoS.
MoS - Gold invitation card holders
Those with invitation cards with the gold MoS logo were told to enter first. That was around 9:45 pm. The whole queueing system was badly organised as the management didn't inform the ticket holders of this. With the Gold Ticket holders gone. The queue moved a little.
MoS - Small Black Ticket Holders
The queue didn't move at all while everyone waited for the Gold Ticket holders to enter. At 11 pm, they formed a separate queue for those holding the small black tickets. By now, I realised that the SMS invite is just a marketing gimmick. I shall call my queue the Lowest Life-Form Queue. LLFQ for short. With the small black ticket holders gone, LLFQ moved slightly further. Some of those in front of me were so pissed that they left. After they left at 11:45 pm, I was at the front of the queue. From the start until 12:30 am, LLFQ only cleared about 15 people.
MoS - Going in
I think if I didn't take any action myself, I would spend the rest of the night at the front of LLFQ not being able to enter. I wouldn't want to go home empty-handed. At 12:30 am, my break came. Each invite could admit 2 persons. I saw 1 guy enter with 1 ticket. Asked him if I could piggy-back on his ticket and he agreed. I should have done this much earlier. Was very grateful to the guy.
Door Bitch
The 1.5 hours (from 11 pm to 12:30am) in front of the Door Bitch (Yes. It's a girl handling the door) is the longest time I ever spent with a Door Bitch. It's actually a thankless job. I felt tired enough standing there for a whole night. She should be feeling more tired than me standing there and having to deal with people trying to weasel their way in. Some will try to piggy back behind groups of people on the guest list. The Door Bitch have to be alert and they will always ask how many people are there in the group. There are also those who will pretend to know someone inside. Not to mention those who beg her to let them in. The Door Bitch even mistook the CEO for some clubber and asked him to queue. Luckily one of the bouncers recognised him and alerted her. She then apologised. By the time I left MoS at 2:20 am, she is still standing at the door.
Bald Ang Mo in Grey Coat
He is seen at the door. Everyone seems to be taking orders from him. They seem to be taking orders from someone called Terry. Might be Terry Lumb, the General Manager. Maybe Terry and this bald Ang Mo are the same guy.
Arthur Heng
I think I saw this friend of mine from JC. He was in front of me at the LLFQ.
MoS - First impressions
It is a world on it's own. One can certainly get lost inside. I counted 4 dance floors. Each with it's own genre of music. It's '54' & 'Pure' on the 2nd story. There's the 'Arena' and 'Smoove' on the first story. There's an 'up only' escalator to bring people to the 2nd floor. But those who wished to come down from the 2nd floor had to use the staircases.
MoS - 54
This place plays retro. Multi-coloured Dance Floor.
MoS - Pure
My favourite. This place plays Top 40s. But mixed by an Ang Mo DJ. Whole place is white. I'm impressed by the beds and curtains inside here. It's very bright for a dance floor.
MoS - Smoove
R & B music. Caged dance floor. Very packed.
MoS - Arena
The main dance floor. Kick-ass music. Water fall at the side of the dance floor. Lots of very happening people.
MoS - Drinks
Drinks are at a premium. Bought drinks at '54'. My bottle of Heineken cost $14. The alcohol here is quite high-end. For Vodka, '42 Below' is the house pour. I overheard a jar of house pour going for $49. I saw a jug of screwdriver at the bar. Nobody has claimed it. I took it and walked away quitely. Quite pleased with myself.
Fong Seng
Left MoS at 2:20 am. Took cab to Fong Seng to buy 2 packets of Maggi Goreng before taking another cab home.
Had Maggi Curry for breakfast. It’s another week before I start my training for IPPT. So I must enjoy all these food while I can.
Granny’s Panadol
She misplaced it! And now I can’t find it too. Next time must give it to Resti.
Going office
Mummy needed to go office early. So I took 970 to work. Saw David on the way.
Fitness First
Swam 14 laps of freestyle. The pool water smelt funny today. I won’t want to speculate on the cause. It smells like chlorine overdose. Not the slimey or dirty smell.
Sending Speedpost for Mummy
Another document to KL. The Post Office was very crowded today. There’s this backpacker sending her stuff him I guess. Coz in ther parcel were a pair of old shoes and some old clothes.
Mei’s JC Posting
She got posted to ACJC Science. Not very exciting news is it? Maybe coz I see her points and know for sure that she’ll get in. After all I was worse off than her by 1 mark for my prelims and I still got in.
MOE JC Posting Results System
The online system to check actually responded very fast. Impressed. Expected a very heavy load. I checked the html source code. They are running it on Lotus Notes.
iPlanner - Limitations
Went to do testing of my iPlanner HTML code on the Nokia Browser Simulator. It failed miserably. It doesn’t respond well to re-redirects and there’s basically a near-zero tolerance for Javascript. I had to re-write a lot of code. But first must eat lunch first.
Lunch
Packeted MVR for lunch. Asked Stephen to bring my money down for me. Instead, he brought my wallet which contains nothing but cards. I was expecting my card holder which consists of my money. But nevermind. It’s my fault for not being precise on the ‘card holder’ part. There’s a big lunch group today. It’s full attendance from both 12th floor and 14th floor.
Pregnancy
HP is pregnant. First time hearing from her. So there will be another ‘Puppy’ out next year.
MoS
Received an invite to go MoS tonight. It’s from email. I then put SL’s and Laval’s email addresses as invitees. iPlanner - Reloaded
Finished re-coding everything and tested on the Nokia Simulator.
Interesting photo
Saw some interesting photos at kennysia.com and xiaxue.blog. They combined 2 photos into one. So that they appeared twice in each photo. Last time, it used to be difficult with film. Junxu said that there are software to perform the merging for us.
Meeting on PoC OID
Had a meeting with Aiker, Deleon, Choon Hong & Stephen on the PoC OID. We'll buy a new fan. But at the same time, I'll help Deleon deploy WoW to some backup server because of FPMS.
June's last day
June came by to distribute chocolates to us. It's her last day in GE today.
Going Home
Took cab home. Don't want to be late tonight.
Home
Had Minced Meat with Steamed egg for dinner. Then went to bathe before leaving home. Will be wearing the tight-fitting t-shirt tonight.
MoS - Arriving Early
Arrived there damn early at 8:30 pm. The queue didn't form until 8:50 pm. Should have seized the chance to stand in front. Instead, I sauntered slowly and ended up halfway along the lane between MoS & River Valley Road.
MoS - Fire Eaters and other performances
Fire Eaters and ladies walking on styrofoam boxes that were about a foot high. One of the ladies even fell down. One guy in the queue commented that the money would be better spent on free drinks on those in the queue.
Interview by New Paper
Gregory from the New Paper came around the queue, asking if anyone didn't have tickets. He asked me a few questions like where do I usually club, what do I expect from MoS, which room am I going to (I don't even know that MoS has several rooms).
Moblog
Guys & Gals from Moblog came to perform some dance routines and rap. They then tied some ribbons on the left arm of some of those in the queue.
Impressive Car Moments
No. 1 place goes to a Bentley coupe driven by a young lady. No. 2 goes to a Red Ferrari 360 Spider. I remember the numbr plate as '5005'.
Zack
He happened to pass by with some friends. But they didn't plan to enter MoS.
MoS - Gold invitation card holders
Those with invitation cards with the gold MoS logo were told to enter first. That was around 9:45 pm. The whole queueing system was badly organised as the management didn't inform the ticket holders of this. With the Gold Ticket holders gone. The queue moved a little.
MoS - Small Black Ticket Holders
The queue didn't move at all while everyone waited for the Gold Ticket holders to enter. At 11 pm, they formed a separate queue for those holding the small black tickets. By now, I realised that the SMS invite is just a marketing gimmick. I shall call my queue the Lowest Life-Form Queue. LLFQ for short. With the small black ticket holders gone, LLFQ moved slightly further. Some of those in front of me were so pissed that they left. After they left at 11:45 pm, I was at the front of the queue. From the start until 12:30 am, LLFQ only cleared about 15 people.
MoS - Going in
I think if I didn't take any action myself, I would spend the rest of the night at the front of LLFQ not being able to enter. I wouldn't want to go home empty-handed. At 12:30 am, my break came. Each invite could admit 2 persons. I saw 1 guy enter with 1 ticket. Asked him if I could piggy-back on his ticket and he agreed. I should have done this much earlier. Was very grateful to the guy.
Door Bitch
The 1.5 hours (from 11 pm to 12:30am) in front of the Door Bitch (Yes. It's a girl handling the door) is the longest time I ever spent with a Door Bitch. It's actually a thankless job. I felt tired enough standing there for a whole night. She should be feeling more tired than me standing there and having to deal with people trying to weasel their way in. Some will try to piggy back behind groups of people on the guest list. The Door Bitch have to be alert and they will always ask how many people are there in the group. There are also those who will pretend to know someone inside. Not to mention those who beg her to let them in. The Door Bitch even mistook the CEO for some clubber and asked him to queue. Luckily one of the bouncers recognised him and alerted her. She then apologised. By the time I left MoS at 2:20 am, she is still standing at the door.
Bald Ang Mo in Grey Coat
He is seen at the door. Everyone seems to be taking orders from him. They seem to be taking orders from someone called Terry. Might be Terry Lumb, the General Manager. Maybe Terry and this bald Ang Mo are the same guy.
Arthur Heng
I think I saw this friend of mine from JC. He was in front of me at the LLFQ.
MoS - First impressions
It is a world on it's own. One can certainly get lost inside. I counted 4 dance floors. Each with it's own genre of music. It's '54' & 'Pure' on the 2nd story. There's the 'Arena' and 'Smoove' on the first story. There's an 'up only' escalator to bring people to the 2nd floor. But those who wished to come down from the 2nd floor had to use the staircases.
MoS - 54
This place plays retro. Multi-coloured Dance Floor.
MoS - Pure
My favourite. This place plays Top 40s. But mixed by an Ang Mo DJ. Whole place is white. I'm impressed by the beds and curtains inside here. It's very bright for a dance floor.
MoS - Smoove
R & B music. Caged dance floor. Very packed.
MoS - Arena
The main dance floor. Kick-ass music. Water fall at the side of the dance floor. Lots of very happening people.
MoS - Drinks
Drinks are at a premium. Bought drinks at '54'. My bottle of Heineken cost $14. The alcohol here is quite high-end. For Vodka, '42 Below' is the house pour. I overheard a jar of house pour going for $49. I saw a jug of screwdriver at the bar. Nobody has claimed it. I took it and walked away quitely. Quite pleased with myself.
Fong Seng
Left MoS at 2:20 am. Took cab to Fong Seng to buy 2 packets of Maggi Goreng before taking another cab home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home