Tuesday, December 20, 2005

[2005 12 20] - [Tue]

Morning
Had breakfast of Myojo Laksa. Followed Mummy to work. Went Fitness First. Did 50 sit-ups and 11 chin-ups. Went to do another 14 laps of freestyle.
Portal Best Practices
Read up the papers printed by Stephen. They are useful although a little too high level to be of significant use. Somehow there’s a gap between those high-level papers and those low-level technical papers that introduce the latest technology.
WoW UAT Error
Found out why the WoW UAT didn’t work. It was deployed as a URL item instead of a portlet. Fixed that. Hopefully it works when Frederick tests it tomorrow.
Lunch
Bought Vegetarian Bee Hoon + Tiong Bahru Porridge Kosong for lunch. C followed X and ate Fried Kway Teow. There was nothing but my 8250 on my mind over lunch.
My 8250
It’s gone. Funny. Chain of events. I sit at X’s desk. Talk to J & S about MoS. X comes back. I stand up. J leaves. SG comes over with stuff for me to backup. I go do the backup. Realised that my phone is not with me. Goes back to search everywhere. Gone. Though I got the SIM card replaced for free, 8250 is not exactly a new & expensive phone & S has a ready spare replacement for me. I’m still damn curious about it’s fate. It is within a span of 15 minutes. I don’t believe it’s stolen. Maybe strange things happen eh. It’s after all Daddy’s 60th birthday today.
8250 aftermath
Deep down, I still have some suspicion that there’s more to the whole story than just the fact that it disappeared into thin-air. My XDA IIs wasn’t touched even though I left it unattended. Nobody could have taken it in that space of 15 minutes.
January trip
Yeo pulled out of it. He needs to attend some consortium meeting on 9 Jan. Too bad. Hopefully Alex can come.
New SIM Card
Walked to M1 to get a new SIM Card. They replaced it with a 3G SIM Card. Counter girl tells me that for the first ‘lost’ SIM card, they wouldn’t charge me. But I will be charged $18 for subsequent lost SIM cards. Hmm. I’ll just say that it is damaged next time.
New Phone
Not exactly new. But the LG phone is usable.
String Delimiter Tool
Completed it in the last 2 office hours. Now it can parse multi-dimensionally delimited strings with text qualifiers.
Daddy’s birthday
It’s Daddy’s 60th birthday today. Mummy called me. She also remembered. She suggested going to Garden of Remberance after work. Took a drive there. Turned the radio to 90.5 FM to reflect the mood. The radio DJ complied with wonderful oldies. The drive took 25 minutes. Pretty short coz I went by AYE, Clementi Avenue 6 and then PIE. Both Mummy & I wept silently. But it wasn’t completely in sadness. At least Daddy is no longer suffering now. It’s just a matter of time before I see him again.
Dinner
Went home after that. Dinner consisted of Onions + Eggs, Vegetables and Fish. Borrowed Mei’s earphones to watch Narnia as the version that I have is quite soft.
Narnia
Watched Narnia on my laptop after dinner. It’s much better than King Kong. The story starts with 4 kids during World War II. They stumble through a wardrobe and goes into a different world called Narnia, which had been in wintry conditions for 100 years. Azlan, a lion, also the king of the forest is waging a war against a witch who calls herself the Queen of Narnia. There was a prophecy that 2 sons of Adams and 2 daughters of eve (4 humans) would be come kings and queens of Narnia. The snow began to melt as the 4 kids went into Narnia. I find a lot of Christian themes in the story. If I’m not arong, Azlan represents Christ, who sacrificed himself for one of the boys, who unwittingly betrays Azlan’s army earlier in the story. I think the boy represented Judas. But this time, the boy repented. The Queen represents the devil. There was some unwritten law of Narnia. Every traitor shall belong to the Queen. It’s like some old Catholic doctrine where God & Satan fights for every soul and those traitors will belong to the devil and rot in hell forever. Story has a happy ending when Azlan rose back from the dead because he (sinless) took the place of a traitor. He revived all other beings from the dead and kicked the Queen’s ass in a final battle. This battle actually started earlier because everyone, the good and the bad guys thought Azlan was dead. The 4 kids then grew up in Narnia. Somehow, they stumbled upon the wardrobe in the woods and they were brought back into the real world as kids.
Xmas Party
J called to tell me that she would be working on Xmas Eve afternoon all the way to midnight. It’s a shame as E & C will be there as well. She’s using her new Bluetooth Earpiece, which sucked as I could hear more of what was in the background than Jamie’s voice. She actually bought the Earpiece today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home