Saturday, November 05, 2005

[2005 11 05] - [Sat]

UOB
Woke up at 9:30 am. Had a hurried breakfast of Fried Bee Hoon. Drove Mummy to UOB next to Beauty World and waited there. Mummy is here to perform some FD transactions. Finished within 30 minutes. Better than the 1 hr I waited when Mummy & Mei went to DBS & Bukit Timah Plaza last Saturday.
Dropping Mei
Dropped Mei at Far Horizons Condominium for her tuition.
Hakka Restaurant @ Jalan Leban
Came here for lunch after dropping Mei. One of the better Hakka restaurants around. We ordered Abacus (Salty. Otherwise nice). Yong Tau Hoo (Nice). Minced Meat Noodles (Also nice). Wine Chicken (Mummy & Granny said not bad. I don't eat such chicken). Price is also reasonable at less then $40. There's even a map of Meizhou + the surrounding counties including Dabu.
New flat
Flipped through the newspapers. There are flats for sale at Blks 181 - 184 at Stirling Road. A check with the map revealed them to be next to Queenstown MRT. Called the agent (Mark). It is a 10th storey unit at Blk 182.
Level 10, Blk 182
Loud noise from MRT. No covered car park. Have to cross the bridge to take buses in the other direction. High quoted price of $380k when the valuation is $352k. Pluses. Mid floor. Corner unit. Next to MRT. Ling actually likes this area. Maybe it's because it being a corner unit as well as because of the high floor.
Blk 27A
Came here for some food. Ling had Duck Rice while I had Rice with Dishes. This is a much better block than 182. But there's nothing but 3 room flats here.
Stray dog
There's a stray dog hanging around the bus stop next to Blk 27A. A couple wanted to give it some bread. But the dog was thinking of better food.
Going Park Mall
Took 111 from Queenstown to Park Mall. We will do some window shopping for beds today.
No Novena @ Park Mall
Mummy said there's Novena here. But I confirmed it today that it isn't here. She probably mistook Castillia for it.
Cellini @ Park Mall
Saw a bed that I liked here. Ample space to sweep the area underneath the bed. Small enough (166cm by 220cm). Bed legs are in an 'unkickable' position. Price is $698. In fact, it was the ONLY bed that passed my stringent requirements in the whole of Park Mall.
Pink Top
Ling bought a pink top from Sense @ Plaza Singapura. The sales girl kept commenting how thin she was. It probably worked on Ling as she bought a pink top for $26+.
Long John Silver
Shared a fish meal with Ling. It took exceptionally long to materialise. But still appeared nonetheless.
Sitting outside Plaza Singapura
We sat there for quite some time. Took a photo of the moon.
Bus 147
Took 147 home from Plaza by the Park. We walked there from Plaza Singapura.
Leaking drinks packet
The packet containing the Orange Juice that Ling's parents made for me was leaking. So I had to do cleaning up around the house. Luckily none of them dripped unto the matteress.
Head of State
Watched this movie directed by Chris Rock. Supposed to be a comedy. But I found it to be more serious than I expected. Chris Rock acted in it too. He plays a helpful grassroots leader who became an accidental presidential candidate. He ran the campaign in his honest, down-to-earth style and became the first black President of US.
Ruth's call
It came out of the blue on my way home from Ling's home. Promised to call her back. When I reached home, the phone was in use though. So I had to promise to call her next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home