[2005 11 01] - [Tue]
Breakfast
Woke up at 9:30 am by Ling’s call. Then I got downstairs and had Maggi Curry for breakfast.
Blk 63B Lengkok Bahru
Turned to page 12 of the classified ads. There's a 4 'A' Unit for sale. It's strange. It says 'Bring Cheque.' So no cheque book cannot view eh? Messaged Val shortly after to arrange a meeting.
Shoes for Kitchen Chairs
Wore the shoes I bought yesterday for my 2 kitchen chairs. 1 leg each.
Photos in Mummy’s room
Went to hammer the hooks in and placed Daddy’s and Mummy’s wedding photo up. It was dusty so I took the chance to clean it with a wet tissue. Also put up Mummy’s solo bridal photo. They all looked so young then. But of course you won’t catch anyone with those hairstyles right now except maybe for a retro party or some fancy dress party.
Ling @ canteen
Going to meet Ling at her parent’s fruit juice stall. She was there when I called her.
Missed the bus stop
Shit man! Missed it again for the 2nd. Missed it when I was going Ayer Rajah for DR. Missed it again today. Ended up alighting at ACJC and walking all the way in the hot sun back.
Viewing house this afternoon
Part of the reason for missing the stop was Val replying that an appointment has been made to view the flat at Blk 63B at 5pm later. I was busy replying her when the bus just went past the Dover Road bus stop. I then called Mummy to ask her to come along to view the place too.
BP’s Hygrogen Filling station
Noticed a BP Hydrogen fuel filling station at the junction of Portsdown Road and North Buona Vista Road. It looks like a Petrol Kiosk. But it is locked up and there’s no one in sight. Too bad my T7’s battery is being charged at home. If not I would have taken a few pot shots at it.
Canteen
Most of the stalls were closed when I got there. Ling’s Mum squeezed Orange Juice for me. When one customer ordered Carrot Milk. Ling jokingly asked me to do it. I played along. But failed miserably. I tried to get the carrots from the display area! After getting the carrots from the correct area when Ling assisted, I couldn’t find the milk. I handed over to Ling’s Mum before anything catastrophic happens.
Dover
Went Dover Market for lunch. Had Rice with Dishes as well as Peanut Porridge. Ling chose to skip lunch. Ling’s Mum came along. She was buying stuff from market. Originally wanted to view beds at Novena Furnishing. So we cancelled it because we are going to view flat today. Took 196 to Ling’s home after lunch.
Taiwanese Variety Show
Watched a show hosted by Zhang Xiao Yan at Ling’s home. Jolin Tsai was called ‘Cheng Shi Shao Nu’ in the show. While Selena spoofed Jolin Tsai and Ella spoofed Jay Chou. Lots of comical scenes as Elle and Selena made fun of Jay Chou & Jolin. The finale was when Ah Liang and 2 other guys spoofed the 3 tenors. They sang Elva Hsiao’s song in opera form.
Zhang Hui Mei
Zhang Hui Mei was the guest celebrity. The show chronicled her showbiz career from the first time she went on stage to perform as a 5 year old. Even footages of her first time on TV were provided. She was entering a singing competition and she looked real dorky with those Auntie Hairstyle and Auntie Dress. In fact she looked older back then. The Taiwanese will call it ‘Song’. Her first appearance on Zhang Fei’s Long Xiong Hu Di were re-enacted. It was Zhang Xiao Yan & Zhang Yu Sheng who helped to push for her appearance on those variety shows. No wonder she was so upset when Zhang Yu Sheng passed away years ago. Even Selena from SHE joined in the crying.
Flat viewing
Asked Ling’s parents along. Mummy came to fetch us and we went there.
Val was late
I felt so pai se. But it is okay. We took a walk round the area. Quite like the area. Surprising not much noise from MRT as it is next to Redhill MRT and train noises are minimal. Could even hear the station announcement.
Inside the unit
The place looks a bit run down. Otherwise I’m okay with it. The seller is an old lady who stays with her daugther-in-law. The master bedroom window opens to the sky garden on top of the Multi-Storey Car Park. Mummy & I have good vibes about the place.
Views on the unit
Mummy & I liked it. It is those kind of x-factor unexplained feeling. Mummy attributes it to God’s providence. Ling is not really keen on it coz it’s a corridor flat and it’s on a low floor. I don’t see much human traffic on the corridors though. Maybe it’s because there’s a lift on every floor and there are 3 staircases in that corridor alone. I’m really impressed by the shops below. Let me see. There is a Coffee Shop, Hair Stylist, Barber, Furniture Shop, 7-eleven and much more. Not to mention the Redhill MRT station that is 150 metres away. Other plus points. Multi-story carpark with AMPLE lots for visitors. Sky garden + playground on top of the multi-story carpark. It is so tempting that I want to stay there too.
Another unit at 63B Lengkok Bahru
This time it’s a 5-room corner flat. Owner asking for $476k. Don’t think I will even want to consider that.
Blk 125 Bukit Merah View
Somehow didn’t like this place the moment I stepped out of the car park. Ling’s first question was ‘Where’s the bus stop?’. Felt as it I was in a concrete jungle even though Sengkang is worse. Mummy also didn’t like the place. As if to condemn it further, an Indian smell greeted us as the owner opened the door. Yes. It’s a Indian house. Floor area is ordinary. Next.
Val pressed the wrong button
Stupid Val. Tried to price the close button label instead of the close button itself. How to be property agent like that? Haha. I could have died laughing in the lift.
Pasta Fresca
Came here for dinner with Val. I had the cheesy Fusili. Very Cheesy. Ling had Cabonary. Better than Book Café. Val had something with tomato cream sauce. I finished half of Val’s though as she couldn’t finish.
One in a million
Val said that we are really one in a million. We actually liked the first place that we viewed and had that special feeling for it.
Stupid Ang Moh dining at Roma Restaurant
Driver of E-Class Merc 8476. Block our way. Horn so many times also never respond. You deaf/blind or what? I think Val horned for about minutes before he realised.
Esmirada
Called Alex to join us for dinner. But he’s on the way to Esmirada (again?!) to meet Stephen. Val dropped Ling & I at home and then joined them there.
Mei’s Maths
Seems that her syllabus doesn’t cover 100% of what I covered 12 years ago. So she can’t do questions that require double angle formula and integration by parts.
72 hours hunger challenge
Watched some Channel U show where 30 contestants will try to go without food for 72 hours. At meal times, they will be tempted by delicacies like Laksa & Tandoori Chicken. 1 did not even turn up. 2 of them dropped out at dinner time. The contestants quite emotional leh. Crying for one another. Like the China Supergirl. Zhou Chongqing & Huang Hui are the hosts.
Ambulance
An ambulance went slowly past towards the inner part of Hua Guan Estate as I was reversing the car to send Ling home. We followed the ambulance. It stopped ominously outside Ardiles house. But was quite relieved (at least for Ardiles) when the Ambulance personel approached the house opposite his. Hopefully it is nothing serious for whoever the ambulance was called for.
Checking out Jalan Tiong at night
Detoured here on the way to drop Ling at home. Bought coke from 7-eleven for Heng Kui. The place looks good at night too. Blk 63B is beside Leng Kee Community Centre. Drove to Blk 53. Even Ling find it too far inside.
Woke up at 9:30 am by Ling’s call. Then I got downstairs and had Maggi Curry for breakfast.
Blk 63B Lengkok Bahru
Turned to page 12 of the classified ads. There's a 4 'A' Unit for sale. It's strange. It says 'Bring Cheque.' So no cheque book cannot view eh? Messaged Val shortly after to arrange a meeting.
Shoes for Kitchen Chairs
Wore the shoes I bought yesterday for my 2 kitchen chairs. 1 leg each.
Photos in Mummy’s room
Went to hammer the hooks in and placed Daddy’s and Mummy’s wedding photo up. It was dusty so I took the chance to clean it with a wet tissue. Also put up Mummy’s solo bridal photo. They all looked so young then. But of course you won’t catch anyone with those hairstyles right now except maybe for a retro party or some fancy dress party.
Ling @ canteen
Going to meet Ling at her parent’s fruit juice stall. She was there when I called her.
Missed the bus stop
Shit man! Missed it again for the 2nd. Missed it when I was going Ayer Rajah for DR. Missed it again today. Ended up alighting at ACJC and walking all the way in the hot sun back.
Viewing house this afternoon
Part of the reason for missing the stop was Val replying that an appointment has been made to view the flat at Blk 63B at 5pm later. I was busy replying her when the bus just went past the Dover Road bus stop. I then called Mummy to ask her to come along to view the place too.
BP’s Hygrogen Filling station
Noticed a BP Hydrogen fuel filling station at the junction of Portsdown Road and North Buona Vista Road. It looks like a Petrol Kiosk. But it is locked up and there’s no one in sight. Too bad my T7’s battery is being charged at home. If not I would have taken a few pot shots at it.
Canteen
Most of the stalls were closed when I got there. Ling’s Mum squeezed Orange Juice for me. When one customer ordered Carrot Milk. Ling jokingly asked me to do it. I played along. But failed miserably. I tried to get the carrots from the display area! After getting the carrots from the correct area when Ling assisted, I couldn’t find the milk. I handed over to Ling’s Mum before anything catastrophic happens.
Dover
Went Dover Market for lunch. Had Rice with Dishes as well as Peanut Porridge. Ling chose to skip lunch. Ling’s Mum came along. She was buying stuff from market. Originally wanted to view beds at Novena Furnishing. So we cancelled it because we are going to view flat today. Took 196 to Ling’s home after lunch.
Taiwanese Variety Show
Watched a show hosted by Zhang Xiao Yan at Ling’s home. Jolin Tsai was called ‘Cheng Shi Shao Nu’ in the show. While Selena spoofed Jolin Tsai and Ella spoofed Jay Chou. Lots of comical scenes as Elle and Selena made fun of Jay Chou & Jolin. The finale was when Ah Liang and 2 other guys spoofed the 3 tenors. They sang Elva Hsiao’s song in opera form.
Zhang Hui Mei
Zhang Hui Mei was the guest celebrity. The show chronicled her showbiz career from the first time she went on stage to perform as a 5 year old. Even footages of her first time on TV were provided. She was entering a singing competition and she looked real dorky with those Auntie Hairstyle and Auntie Dress. In fact she looked older back then. The Taiwanese will call it ‘Song’. Her first appearance on Zhang Fei’s Long Xiong Hu Di were re-enacted. It was Zhang Xiao Yan & Zhang Yu Sheng who helped to push for her appearance on those variety shows. No wonder she was so upset when Zhang Yu Sheng passed away years ago. Even Selena from SHE joined in the crying.
Flat viewing
Asked Ling’s parents along. Mummy came to fetch us and we went there.
Val was late
I felt so pai se. But it is okay. We took a walk round the area. Quite like the area. Surprising not much noise from MRT as it is next to Redhill MRT and train noises are minimal. Could even hear the station announcement.
Inside the unit
The place looks a bit run down. Otherwise I’m okay with it. The seller is an old lady who stays with her daugther-in-law. The master bedroom window opens to the sky garden on top of the Multi-Storey Car Park. Mummy & I have good vibes about the place.
Views on the unit
Mummy & I liked it. It is those kind of x-factor unexplained feeling. Mummy attributes it to God’s providence. Ling is not really keen on it coz it’s a corridor flat and it’s on a low floor. I don’t see much human traffic on the corridors though. Maybe it’s because there’s a lift on every floor and there are 3 staircases in that corridor alone. I’m really impressed by the shops below. Let me see. There is a Coffee Shop, Hair Stylist, Barber, Furniture Shop, 7-eleven and much more. Not to mention the Redhill MRT station that is 150 metres away. Other plus points. Multi-story carpark with AMPLE lots for visitors. Sky garden + playground on top of the multi-story carpark. It is so tempting that I want to stay there too.
Another unit at 63B Lengkok Bahru
This time it’s a 5-room corner flat. Owner asking for $476k. Don’t think I will even want to consider that.
Blk 125 Bukit Merah View
Somehow didn’t like this place the moment I stepped out of the car park. Ling’s first question was ‘Where’s the bus stop?’. Felt as it I was in a concrete jungle even though Sengkang is worse. Mummy also didn’t like the place. As if to condemn it further, an Indian smell greeted us as the owner opened the door. Yes. It’s a Indian house. Floor area is ordinary. Next.
Val pressed the wrong button
Stupid Val. Tried to price the close button label instead of the close button itself. How to be property agent like that? Haha. I could have died laughing in the lift.
Pasta Fresca
Came here for dinner with Val. I had the cheesy Fusili. Very Cheesy. Ling had Cabonary. Better than Book Café. Val had something with tomato cream sauce. I finished half of Val’s though as she couldn’t finish.
One in a million
Val said that we are really one in a million. We actually liked the first place that we viewed and had that special feeling for it.
Stupid Ang Moh dining at Roma Restaurant
Driver of E-Class Merc 8476. Block our way. Horn so many times also never respond. You deaf/blind or what? I think Val horned for about minutes before he realised.
Esmirada
Called Alex to join us for dinner. But he’s on the way to Esmirada (again?!) to meet Stephen. Val dropped Ling & I at home and then joined them there.
Mei’s Maths
Seems that her syllabus doesn’t cover 100% of what I covered 12 years ago. So she can’t do questions that require double angle formula and integration by parts.
72 hours hunger challenge
Watched some Channel U show where 30 contestants will try to go without food for 72 hours. At meal times, they will be tempted by delicacies like Laksa & Tandoori Chicken. 1 did not even turn up. 2 of them dropped out at dinner time. The contestants quite emotional leh. Crying for one another. Like the China Supergirl. Zhou Chongqing & Huang Hui are the hosts.
Ambulance
An ambulance went slowly past towards the inner part of Hua Guan Estate as I was reversing the car to send Ling home. We followed the ambulance. It stopped ominously outside Ardiles house. But was quite relieved (at least for Ardiles) when the Ambulance personel approached the house opposite his. Hopefully it is nothing serious for whoever the ambulance was called for.
Checking out Jalan Tiong at night
Detoured here on the way to drop Ling at home. Bought coke from 7-eleven for Heng Kui. The place looks good at night too. Blk 63B is beside Leng Kee Community Centre. Drove to Blk 53. Even Ling find it too far inside.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home