Wednesday, November 02, 2005

[2005 11 02] - [Wed]

Breakfast + Journey to work
Had last night’s Bee Hoon for breakfast. Granny is nagging about guys eating overnight eggs again. My policy is to ignore such old wives’ tales. Followed Mummy to work. But due to my oversleeping (Woke up at 7:30 am) we ended up paying 50c ERP at the Havelock Road gantry at 8 am sharp. What the fuck.
Fitness First
Added 11 reps of Chin-up at 60 kg to my repertoire. Did my 50 crunches as well. Ran my 2.4km at speed 11 km. Ended up with abrasion. Something like the one suffered at the hands of the Size ‘L’ shorts at Fitness First OUB Centre. The ‘L’ sizes themselves seem to come in different sizes!
New hairstyle
I gelled my hair UP today just to see how will I look. Suhyi says I look like a fashionable young boy. Chris & Andy said I quite stylo today. I even took a photo to send to Ling.
JL
Met her in the lift. She sent a friendster request soon after. She has 280+ friends online. I’m so ‘touched’ to be one of the 280. She had her travelling/honeymoon photos with her bf/husband on friendster.
‘My Childhood Memories’ form
Received some query from CS via Andy about problems with this form. Neither Tang Seng, Stephen nor I knew the existing of such a form. Stephen confirmed with Andy that the problem is that the feedback form can’t be printed. It is simply solved by asking Andy to include a ‘Print’ button.
HDB Levy for flats bought with grant
Found out more things from Stephen about the grant. It comes with strings attached of course. If we buy a new flat or executive condo after 5 years, HDB will impose have a 22.5% levy for 4-room flats and a 25% for 5-room flats on the resale price of your existing flat. Fair enough.
Blk 63B is 2 km from Ling’s parents’ flat
What a pleasant surprise! That means we qualify for the $40k grant instead of the $30k grant. I’m surprised because Blk 77A across the road is considered by HDB to be more than 2 km from Tanglin Halt.
Policy Agreement from Esther
Esther came down to pass me the Policy Agreement from Asia Life. The checked the exclusion for Terrorism. Hostilities is excluded. This is quite vague. Anything that harms me can be considered hostile then. They also did not exclude Terrorism. Only war is excluded.
StaffNet PoC
What a joke. The vendor delivered the wrong ram! They delivered ram for laptop instead of for a PC. Tracy needs to test something on PNS. So I had to turn on StaffNet PoC again for her.
My sony USB cable
Lent Chris my USB cable. She took my army photos for viewing too.
Text files in Dos form
Tee Yong said that those files from FES contain ‘^M’. I think the files were created in dos form. So either we ask FPMS to create the text file in unix form or we have to do it ourselves.
Fund Prices Update
. Added Chinese Description of Greatlink Choice
. Hard-coded the Fund Groups into getFundPrice servlet
. Hard-coded the Fund Groups AGAIN after marketing proposed changes
. Sent the 2 daily prices pages to Cai Wei to insert certain tags only to find out that only pages with right navi require modification
. Settled the deployment time with Hiu Phui
Wedding Album
Jin Feng sent over the designs of some new albums to us because the acrylic album was slightly knocked into. But Ling & I didn’t like any of those. They look so ‘song’. Like dead people’s photo frame. So I asked her to come back to me with the same design. I think the next time she calls, I’ll ask for some discount.
KTV next week
Yeo asked if we are free for KTV next week. Best chance is after badminton next Thursday. But Val wants Friday.
RIT Outing
Nam Choon replied with the Night Safari Price. At $47 nett per head. It’s a bit steep. Maybe my original idea of going Fisherman Village would be a back-up. He’s also quite keen on the idea.
Online Registration
Siu Ming called to discuss stuff on Online Registration for Health Talk/IT Events with Stephen & me. Fixed a time on Friday.
Going home
Followed Mummy home. Will be going to her lawyer-friend’s (Aunt Yuan Yu) place tonight.
Buying of bus tickets
Went with Mummy to Golden Mile Complex so that I can wait in the car while she buys the tickets to go Bukit Mertajam on 23 Dec 2005. It is $40. Not much change from last time.
Buying paint at Jalan Jurong Kechil
Came here to buy paint from the shop next to Shell. But it was closed.
Dinner
There’s Tung Hoon with rice. Aunt Soh Heng came to join us for dinner too. She’s going with us to Aunt Yuan Yu’s place later too.
Aunt Yuan Yu’s home
It’s at the end of Gardenia Road. At certain sections. The road splits into 2 as it goes round a hill. One on a higher level than the other. An opened gate greeted us at the home. As it was raining, I reversed in.
Signing of Letters of Authorisation
Mummy & I signed the Letters of Authorisation. They are to be sent to the foreign banks in Malaysia & Australia. There were 5 altogether.
Renunciation of claims
Granny & I signed a document each renouncing our claims to Daddy’s estate.
Aunt Yuan Yu
She has a friendly and motherly feel about her. Occasionally switching into Hokkien in her conversations. Granny kept saying that her skin is white. As well as her daughter’s. It’s a good thing Granny is female rather than male.
Aunt Soh Heng’s cough
Granny kept trying to introduce the Ricola sweets to Aunt Soh Heng for her cough. On top of that, there was those Chinese cough pills. I kept having to remind Granny that Aunt Soh Heng works in the medical industry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home