Thursday, October 27, 2005

[2005 10 27] - [Thu]

Dreamy house
I dreamy about being in reservist. Looks like Ling’s home is a dreamy home. She dreamy last night too.
Soccer
Woke up around 8:30 am to check if the teams I chose did me proud. Only got 3 out of 6 right.
Hot Dog
Ling woke up about half-an-hour later and went to make Hot Dog for me.
Preparing for Sentosa
We boiled 2 potatoes so that we can make some salad to bring to Sentosa.
Wrapping present for Yen Peng
While we were waiting about 30 minutes for the potato to be cooked, I went to wrap Yen Peng’s birthday present. After doing the first step, I simply squeezed the ends to make it look like a sweet. Of course Ling went hysterical over my creativity or rather, lack of creativity.
Claypot Laksa
Went Alexandra Village for Claypot Laksa first. Getting a little sick of it now. Maybe too much of a good thing is no good.
Harbour Front
Took 61 confidently to HarbourFront. Walked confidently to the ferry terminal. Only to be told ‘There’s no more ferry to Sentosa’ by the customs officer. Red-faced, we back-tracked to the Gateway bus stop. Of course Ling went hysterical with laughter again. Never mind. It’s her birthday. She can laugh at me all she wants. Only for today.
Siloso Beach
Boarded the bus at the Sentosa Gateway, got down at the new ‘Arrival Centre’. Paid $3 each and boarded the Beach Bus to Siloso beach. The place is almost unrecognisable now. Beach Bars are sprouting up almost everywhere. The waves are much bigger now. The authorities must have removed those wave barriers now. Walked to the offshore Island using the wooden floating bridge so that we can find a place to have salad. I really relish coming here on a weekday with all the the nice babes minus bawling babies, old aunties/uncles or anything that reminds me of the f-word ‘family’. I do love my family a lot. In fact I would gladly donate any part of my body for them. But certain places are just doesn’t look great with certain people.
The girls here…
… really look better than those in discos. Too bad I’m celebrating Ling’s birthday now.
Birds in Sentosa…
…enjoy Twisties™ too. While Ling and I were waiting for the beach train, there’s this pair of botak birds eyeing our twisties as we were eating it. I threw a piece on the floor and they actually fought tooth and nail over it. No wonder they were botak. I start to wonder what happens to my body after eating it.
Pink Dolphin Lagoon
It is fenced up from the outside world while exorbitant prices are levied on people entering it. The lube is another tourist money vacuum cleaner.
Tanjong Beach
This is the most unvisited beach. When Ling & I got there, a company anniversary function was going on. We then went back to Siloso Beach.
Golden Retriever
I saw a Golden Retriever that would have done Ang Peng Siong proud. It not only dared to swim. It dared to swim in the sea with waves and all that. Now I know what dog stroke is all about. Ling said that this Golden Retriever is much luckier than Uncle Poh’s Golden Retriever.
Bus back
Took bus back to mainland. Saw some young ah lians smuggling their mini dogs onto the buses inside their bags. The dogs didn’t even look like dogs until I looked closely.
Fried Oyster, Louse Fried Rice
That’s what we had for dinner at Tanglin Halt. Had a bottle of Barons as well.
Heavy Rain
There was a major downpour. So I took cab ($5.50) home.
Fatty Weng
The Fatty Weng saga has entered a new twist. This time, Manager Ng called me and said that the leasing problem has been solved. The other couple has moved their date and I can book 24 June 2006 once more. This only made the whole story more murky. We will evaluate Harbour City Restaurant before deciding on Fatty Weng. Ling prefers the food at Fatty Weng though.
Happy Birthday Ling!
I really enjoyed celebrating your birthday as much as you have enjoyed it. Even though we spent less than $30 today, the experience and time we had together is priceless. From the beach tram to the salad to the beach walk. 28 years ago at 10 pm you were born. 28 years later I wish you a 'Happy 28th birthday'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home