Monday, October 31, 2005

[2005 10 31] - [Mon]

Breakfast…
…consists of Maggi Chicken. It’s the first time there’s Maggi Chicken in the kitchen cabinet for months.
Mummy fetched me to work
Yeah. More of this will happen as Mei will be having her O Levels these few weeks.
Fitness First
Went Fitness First to run for the first time in weeks. To avoid killing myself, I set it to Speed 11 and ran 2.4 km. I ended up with at time of 13:20. Went to do 50 crunches at the crunching machine as well. I felt a sense of achievement as the machine chewed at my abs. I mean whatever abs I have left after the alcohol last Friday and the good food over the weekend.
MX5 Accident
Read in the Straits Times about a Car Salesgirl being killed when the customer doing a test drive of the car lost control, knocked head first into a BMW, flipped over & landed on the van. The driver was unhurt actually. She actually had a heart attack seconds before the accident and her neck was broken. Died at TTSH. It must be pretty big news as it was the first of its kind in Sg. Jeffrey says that the girl was quite chio. Eh… I don’t remember any photos of anyone in the Straits Times report. He must have read it in other newspapers.
Errands
Bought ‘Equals’ for Granny. Managed to find rubber shoes for the kitchen chairs but not the rubber shoes for the ladder.
Lunch
Decided on the $1 Bee Hoon Kosong. Was about to skip lunch. Since I exercised this morning. I’ll allow myself to have Bee Hoon.
RIT Seminar’s venue
After one big circle, venue is confirmed to be Copthorne King’s Hotel. It is just so near to office that I can smell Hong Lim food from there. Too bad we can’t get better venues.
RIT Seminar’s outing
Emailed watertours for details of their water tours. Asked Nam Choon to help me email Night Safari. Hopefully, everything will work out to be under $50 per head. If not we’ll just have to make-do with some trip to Fisherman’s Village. Or even a simple dinner in the hotel. I remembered that I liked the Fried Kway Teow at King’s Hotel when I was a kid.
Matchmaking again
Jian Hui is asking Audrey & Joan along. She asked Ling to call Laval along but Ling doesn’t want. I also feel it is not appropriate. If it is real match-making. I would have suggested some outdoor outing to Sentosa or an outing to Escape Theme Park or a picnic where people can do things together.
L-Shaped Rubber Shoes
Failed to get them for my 2 ladders at home today. Hopefully I have better luck at People's Park on Wed.
Fund Prices
Hiu Phui highlighted some minor changes. Left out the historical fund prices page on the Chinese Web Site. The Chinese daily fund prices was showing rubbish instead of Chinese Characters showing correctly too. Strange. I did an upload again and it's now okay. Next job was to merge it with Cai Wei's changes. Final problem was the getFundPrice servlet. For some reason, it is complaining about methods not found. I had to leave halfway as I was going to neet Ling. Luckily Tang Seng was around to help. He confirmed that the problem lay with the update of other classes. Battle won temporary. Will resume again on Wednesday.
186 came earlier than 51
186 came after 13 minutes @ 6:54 pm. Still no signs of 51.
Meeting Ling
Reached Riverview Hotel Bus Stop at 7 pm sharp. Ling had been waiting for 20 minutes already. We then took a short walk to Book Café.
Alpha Course
A section of Book Café was booked for the alpha course. The friendly organisers even asked if we would like to join them. They were viewing a video of some Ang Moh guy speaking. I didn’t know what is it about until I heard the TV say ‘Jesus…’.
Book Cafe's wireless access
Connecting is a cinch. Just need the encryption key and the network name and I was connected. There's even power points to charge handphone and laptop. Somewhere where we can hang out all day.
Late-comers...
...will be crucified. Yen Peng & Jian Hui are late again. Would have carried on with my dinner if not for the fact that it's a birthday dinner celebration for Yen Peng and Ling. They finally arrived at 8 pm.
Order cock-up
Yen Peng order 2 plates of Olive Mushroom Rice for me and her, 1 Cabonary for Ling and some unknown Spaghetti for Jian Hui. In the end, my rice got lost in the waiter to cook process. The staff gave us a 10% discount for my rice after we confirmed our order with them.
L & J - Failed methods
Yen Peng, Ling & Jian Hui were trying to hitch L & J together. So far, their methods leaves much to be desired. Imagine going to the movies in a group of 8! What the fuck! Do they still think that they are in secondary school? Of course J will talk to J’s friends and L will talk to L’s friends.
L & J - Marketing J
Took a video of the 3 ‘aunties’ asking L question like whether he likes J. And asking me not to send it after we finished. I broke out in uncontrollable laughter when Jian Hui got to the ‘hobbies’ part and mentioned that Joan likes swimming but she can’t swim. So she uses a float. I know it’s my bad. But it is just so funny.
L & J - My methods
Was suggesting some Sentosa or outdoor kind of outing this Saturday. But L is out of town and J haven’t replied to Jian Hui. So the jury’s still out on what I will eventually end up doing on Saturday. Jian Hui never fail to give hilarious suggestions like asking the 2 to look after the bags while we play. It is soooooo Channel 8. Or rather SBC 8!!!
J’s looks
I still can’t remember her looks. From the 3 ‘aunties’ limited description. I can imagine a small-sized girl with an obtuse chin. Hair is same length as Ling. Complexion is the same as the 3 ‘aunties’. Looks like one of my freshies. Will know in a matter of time.
Di4 Zhong1 Hai3 blah blah blah syndrome
The 3 ‘aunties’ were talking about this while I was savouring my Olive Rice. From what I can make out. It is good to check whether you are a carrier this syndrome before you conceive. If both husband and wife has it, it is better not conceive. KK has facilities to test, but only for women. It makes the Olive Rice quite depressing.
Jian Hui & Kok Hiong’s new car
They bought a metallic blue Nissan Sunny. Monthly installement is $842 excluding petrol. Quite steep. Jian Hui’s Dad rightly said that it is a waste of money.
Travel
They were talking about travelling. Yen Peng goes to Bangkok & Hong Kong quite often for trade shows. Ling can go along actually if Yen Peng is going alone. Jian Hui will be going KL in mid-December. Yen Peng says she will also be going UK, Ukraine for work & visiting next June. I think it is all talk and cock. In reality, my opinion is Jian Hui won’t be going on holidays with Ling at least for the next 25 years. If we remain friends that long. And something will always crop up on Yen Peng’s side. Realistically, the only person who can go overseas with Ling are 3 persons. Me, myself and I.
Left the 3 of us
Jian Hui took cab home early as she was tired. The sacrifices of a teacher waking up early to go to school. Kok Hiong was supposed to fetch. But as a 30+ year-old guy who stayed in Singapore all his life and previously owned a car, he doesn’t even know how to drive to Mohd Sultan. So it is better to save the trouble.
Halloween night
Yen Peng, Ling & I took a walk to Zouk to see those people dressed for Halloween night. It was a sight to behold. Some came as the Prosperity God. Some came as fairies, nurses, schoolboys, schoolgirls, boys dressed as schoolgirls, girls dressed as schoolboys. I went as…myself. The most eye-catching of all is one who dressed had a 10-foot costume resembling a giant chicken. I wonder how the hell is that guy going to enter Zouk! I think if I’m a terrorist, tonight is a good time to strike. Anyone can dress as anything. Was expecting some news of Osama’s followers bombing some Halloween party. But thankfully, there were none reported. I thought Halloween is about dressing scarily. The theme seem to have changed over the years. Good. Next year I’ll dress as either a school boy or a school girl.
Going Home
Left the place at 12:30 am. We looked like mis-fits in our office attire at the Zouk crowd. 3 of us shared cab. We dropped Ling and Yen Peng dropped me. I wanted to give Yen Peng the whole cab fare amount coz she & Ling treated everyone for dinner. But she was only willing to take $10 from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home