[2005 10 28] - [Fri]
Dreamy curse
The dreamy state seem to have followed me home. Got a weird dream about Xinhui & Ling having the same ex-company and visiting that with the 2 of them. There’s an arcade in the company. But when I entered, it is all Ah Bengs. There’s also a pantry too.
Morning
Back to normal life again. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast before Mummy fetched me to work.
Proxy
Proxy is down today. In fact, the IP has been changed to .54 and I didn’t know coz I hard-coded it in my hosts file.
Vodka in Fridge
Finally finished it today. It’s been there for months already.
Eng Yeow, Marcus & Simon the new IT-alcoholics?
They went wine-drinking at Fluid last night. Looks like I’m not the only alcoholic around. In fact, they’ve already surpassed me.
Lunch
Succumbed to temptation and bought Nasi Briyani for lunch. The standard seem to have dropped after the Indian Uncle left. The Potatoes are bigger in size now and less tasty.
Xinhui = Error Lim
I heard Eng Yeow pronouncing her name as ‘Error’. Whole sentence should be ‘Error not joining us?’. Eh. Hello? There’s no error during lunch lor. At most LS only.
Fundprices
Fund prices work finished ahead of schedule at 2:45 pm. Just waiting for the Chinese translation of ‘Unit Price’ and ‘Monthly Valuation’.
Yeo’s scary attachment
I finally fell victim to one of those ‘Look-closely-and-something suddenly-pops-out’ kind of attachment. It was sent by Yeo about a ghost in a car advertisement. I got totall taken in. Determined to take ‘revenge’. I sent it out to a lot of people. Got rewarded when Simon replied that he got his shits scared out of him.
Sending my stuff home
Bought Hooks & Batteries for Mummy. At around 3+ pm, Mummy was on her way to some other place. So I took the chance and asked her to detour to my office and I brought everything to the car. The Tian Qi Wine, hooks, batteries & even my T41!.
White Wine
Had some white wine on the way back to office. It doesn't taste as good as Red Wine. But at least it doesn't give the stained teeth and the tiredness that comes after a round of Red Wine.
Fitness First
No IT night can start without a bath to freshen myself. Even brushed my teeth to remove any signs of alcohol although Xinhui says she can still detect alcohol. Luckily she chose NUS Comp Science instead of Traffic Police School.
Going to Marina Superbowl
I was part of the group that is supposed to be there at 6 pm. Xinhui came along as well though she wasn't bowling. Bus was late though. So we spent some time milling about at the Foyer.
My Score
I finished my bowling 102, 118 & 99. Not too bad considering that by the last game, I wasn't even trying at all. The aching in my right thumb & right arm had set in.
Speeding Bullet
There was one Indian bowler among a group of Indian bowlers + Khoo Hui Wah on my right that caught my attention. He's bowling as if those pins massacared his entire family. I'm not sure if that's the professional speed at which professional bowlers bowl. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a professional aim from his score. Which was lower than mine.
Celebrating of Strikes
I celebrate mine with a sly smile. Some celebrate as if they've won the world cup. Some do not even know that they've got a strike. Usually those in the female category.
2nd round of bowling
The bowling event was split into an earlier/later round. The bowlers at the earlier round were more serious. When the bowling reached the later round, everything became haywire. For example, Kelvin Tang was bowling under Noelle’s name. Alex Quek was bowling under Tian Yee’s name while Tian Yee was at another lane. Even some of the 1st rounders came and bowl. I also bowled. In fact I bowled without even wearing bowling shoes. By the last game, everyone was pretty tired except for Simon Chan, who found added strength from the Chicken Wing he ate. My right thumb & arm were aching real bad. So bad that I can only place the ball on the lane and let it roll towards the pins by themselves. Still managed a couple of fluke strikes.
Ridiculous bowling
Stephen & I bowled 2 balls together. Xinhui followed up with a late 3rd ball which crashed into the barrier. Making a damn loud sound. I think after that, the staff sent people to ‘patrol’ the area to make sure we don’t do that again.
Isabelle
Isabelle was too shy to take a photo with me. But I took a pretty good one of her and me where she stood outside the glass window while I’m inside.
Abundance of food
There's so much food left over that I think it is enough to feed us for the next IT night. I would rate it at 7/10. In the end, a few of us brought some of the food home.
Abundance of Alcohol
As usual, there was alcohol. This time, alcohol came in the form of 3 bottles. 1 is Wu5 Liang2 Ye4. There was another one from China where I can’t read the name. But I understand what ‘52%’ means. Next was Grey Goose. When we left, the 3 bottles were empty.
Grey Goose
Alex & Vincent are right. Grey Goose IS better than ‘42 Below’. I almost can’t taste the alcohol at all. It’s going to be my next DFS bottle from Changi Airport.
5-10 with Doris
Played 5-10 with Doris. Have not talked so much to Doris before tonight. I'm surprised that she can drink and almost match me in 5-10. She puts a lot of guys to shame actually. She revealed that it was her brother who actually trained her how to drink. Girls must know how to drink so that they won't be cheated. My sentiments exactly. I'm proud to say that Mei is proficient in Red Wine at a tender age of 16.
Lucky Draw
Won a useless SuperBowl cup. Gave it to Daxin within 2 seconds. 2 happy boys.
Sheila Bravo’s bowling shoes
They came in different colours. Maybe if I wear different coloured shoes I can get a score close to her’s huh.
Bowling Champions
The male & female champions are Gil & Sheila Bravo. It is still a sport dominated by our Filipino colleagues. Doris did Singapore proud by finishing 2nd overall among the aunties. Oops. I mean ladies. I would have trained for the bowling event. But it's an Uncle's sport to me. I still think that it is more Hip-and-Cool to be good in pool.
Choice solution provider
Cindy Wong. I'm so proud of you. You deserve every cm^3 of the plaque. That's why I nominated you and psychoed Daxin to do the same. Of course Stephen also nominated you. KT's choice was Aiker. But without any disrespect to Aiker. He is just good at his job. Cindy has done much more outside her job scope than anyone else I've rubbed shoulders with in IT.
Popular Orange
Alex invited me to go KTV @ Partyworld. Within 5 minutes Marcus asked if I want to join Simon, Tian Yee & him at Balaclava. It would be perfect if they were all hot babes. But I'm happy anyway. Went to Partyworld as my fun-increment-service comes on a first-come-first-served basis.
KTV
Where: Orchard Partyworld
Who: Alex, Stephen, Yu Jin, Yu Jin's gf, Val, Me
Drinks: Jugs & Jugs of Carlsberg (Have lost count)
Main Drinking Game: Dice
Fun Factor: 7/10
Fun Factor after: 1/10
Extension until 4 am
Actually the bright lights came on at 3am. Yu Jin left earlier with his gf. Apparently, the rest hasn't got enough of singing. So we extended the room to 4 am.
Photohunt
By the time we left Room 58, it was already 4am. Original plan would be for Alex to share cab home with me and Val to drive home herself. For some reasons, Val went to play Photohunt and didn't want to leave. Alex stayed behind. Stephen also stayed as he just needs to walk back to Cairnhill. I was quite tired and intoxicated so I took a cab home from Paragon.
Reached home at 4:45 am
I equalled my record. The last time I chiong until so late was in late 2003 when I went out with my neighbours. It was the first time & last time that Bin, Wilson & me took our cars out. Night started with birthday party at Chee Ann's house. KTV at Partyworld. Racing at 140 kmh back to Adam Road hawker centre. Setting fire using petrol at Jalan Gaharu's basketball court. Running & driving away when the police came. Coming to my house to watch wrestling.
The dreamy state seem to have followed me home. Got a weird dream about Xinhui & Ling having the same ex-company and visiting that with the 2 of them. There’s an arcade in the company. But when I entered, it is all Ah Bengs. There’s also a pantry too.
Morning
Back to normal life again. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast before Mummy fetched me to work.
Proxy
Proxy is down today. In fact, the IP has been changed to .54 and I didn’t know coz I hard-coded it in my hosts file.
Vodka in Fridge
Finally finished it today. It’s been there for months already.
Eng Yeow, Marcus & Simon the new IT-alcoholics?
They went wine-drinking at Fluid last night. Looks like I’m not the only alcoholic around. In fact, they’ve already surpassed me.
Lunch
Succumbed to temptation and bought Nasi Briyani for lunch. The standard seem to have dropped after the Indian Uncle left. The Potatoes are bigger in size now and less tasty.
Xinhui = Error Lim
I heard Eng Yeow pronouncing her name as ‘Error’. Whole sentence should be ‘Error not joining us?’. Eh. Hello? There’s no error during lunch lor. At most LS only.
Fundprices
Fund prices work finished ahead of schedule at 2:45 pm. Just waiting for the Chinese translation of ‘Unit Price’ and ‘Monthly Valuation’.
Yeo’s scary attachment
I finally fell victim to one of those ‘Look-closely-and-something suddenly-pops-out’ kind of attachment. It was sent by Yeo about a ghost in a car advertisement. I got totall taken in. Determined to take ‘revenge’. I sent it out to a lot of people. Got rewarded when Simon replied that he got his shits scared out of him.
Sending my stuff home
Bought Hooks & Batteries for Mummy. At around 3+ pm, Mummy was on her way to some other place. So I took the chance and asked her to detour to my office and I brought everything to the car. The Tian Qi Wine, hooks, batteries & even my T41!.
White Wine
Had some white wine on the way back to office. It doesn't taste as good as Red Wine. But at least it doesn't give the stained teeth and the tiredness that comes after a round of Red Wine.
Fitness First
No IT night can start without a bath to freshen myself. Even brushed my teeth to remove any signs of alcohol although Xinhui says she can still detect alcohol. Luckily she chose NUS Comp Science instead of Traffic Police School.
Going to Marina Superbowl
I was part of the group that is supposed to be there at 6 pm. Xinhui came along as well though she wasn't bowling. Bus was late though. So we spent some time milling about at the Foyer.
My Score
I finished my bowling 102, 118 & 99. Not too bad considering that by the last game, I wasn't even trying at all. The aching in my right thumb & right arm had set in.
Speeding Bullet
There was one Indian bowler among a group of Indian bowlers + Khoo Hui Wah on my right that caught my attention. He's bowling as if those pins massacared his entire family. I'm not sure if that's the professional speed at which professional bowlers bowl. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a professional aim from his score. Which was lower than mine.
Celebrating of Strikes
I celebrate mine with a sly smile. Some celebrate as if they've won the world cup. Some do not even know that they've got a strike. Usually those in the female category.
2nd round of bowling
The bowling event was split into an earlier/later round. The bowlers at the earlier round were more serious. When the bowling reached the later round, everything became haywire. For example, Kelvin Tang was bowling under Noelle’s name. Alex Quek was bowling under Tian Yee’s name while Tian Yee was at another lane. Even some of the 1st rounders came and bowl. I also bowled. In fact I bowled without even wearing bowling shoes. By the last game, everyone was pretty tired except for Simon Chan, who found added strength from the Chicken Wing he ate. My right thumb & arm were aching real bad. So bad that I can only place the ball on the lane and let it roll towards the pins by themselves. Still managed a couple of fluke strikes.
Ridiculous bowling
Stephen & I bowled 2 balls together. Xinhui followed up with a late 3rd ball which crashed into the barrier. Making a damn loud sound. I think after that, the staff sent people to ‘patrol’ the area to make sure we don’t do that again.
Isabelle
Isabelle was too shy to take a photo with me. But I took a pretty good one of her and me where she stood outside the glass window while I’m inside.
Abundance of food
There's so much food left over that I think it is enough to feed us for the next IT night. I would rate it at 7/10. In the end, a few of us brought some of the food home.
Abundance of Alcohol
As usual, there was alcohol. This time, alcohol came in the form of 3 bottles. 1 is Wu5 Liang2 Ye4. There was another one from China where I can’t read the name. But I understand what ‘52%’ means. Next was Grey Goose. When we left, the 3 bottles were empty.
Grey Goose
Alex & Vincent are right. Grey Goose IS better than ‘42 Below’. I almost can’t taste the alcohol at all. It’s going to be my next DFS bottle from Changi Airport.
5-10 with Doris
Played 5-10 with Doris. Have not talked so much to Doris before tonight. I'm surprised that she can drink and almost match me in 5-10. She puts a lot of guys to shame actually. She revealed that it was her brother who actually trained her how to drink. Girls must know how to drink so that they won't be cheated. My sentiments exactly. I'm proud to say that Mei is proficient in Red Wine at a tender age of 16.
Lucky Draw
Won a useless SuperBowl cup. Gave it to Daxin within 2 seconds. 2 happy boys.
Sheila Bravo’s bowling shoes
They came in different colours. Maybe if I wear different coloured shoes I can get a score close to her’s huh.
Bowling Champions
The male & female champions are Gil & Sheila Bravo. It is still a sport dominated by our Filipino colleagues. Doris did Singapore proud by finishing 2nd overall among the aunties. Oops. I mean ladies. I would have trained for the bowling event. But it's an Uncle's sport to me. I still think that it is more Hip-and-Cool to be good in pool.
Choice solution provider
Cindy Wong. I'm so proud of you. You deserve every cm^3 of the plaque. That's why I nominated you and psychoed Daxin to do the same. Of course Stephen also nominated you. KT's choice was Aiker. But without any disrespect to Aiker. He is just good at his job. Cindy has done much more outside her job scope than anyone else I've rubbed shoulders with in IT.
Popular Orange
Alex invited me to go KTV @ Partyworld. Within 5 minutes Marcus asked if I want to join Simon, Tian Yee & him at Balaclava. It would be perfect if they were all hot babes. But I'm happy anyway. Went to Partyworld as my fun-increment-service comes on a first-come-first-served basis.
KTV
Where: Orchard Partyworld
Who: Alex, Stephen, Yu Jin, Yu Jin's gf, Val, Me
Drinks: Jugs & Jugs of Carlsberg (Have lost count)
Main Drinking Game: Dice
Fun Factor: 7/10
Fun Factor after: 1/10
Extension until 4 am
Actually the bright lights came on at 3am. Yu Jin left earlier with his gf. Apparently, the rest hasn't got enough of singing. So we extended the room to 4 am.
Photohunt
By the time we left Room 58, it was already 4am. Original plan would be for Alex to share cab home with me and Val to drive home herself. For some reasons, Val went to play Photohunt and didn't want to leave. Alex stayed behind. Stephen also stayed as he just needs to walk back to Cairnhill. I was quite tired and intoxicated so I took a cab home from Paragon.
Reached home at 4:45 am
I equalled my record. The last time I chiong until so late was in late 2003 when I went out with my neighbours. It was the first time & last time that Bin, Wilson & me took our cars out. Night started with birthday party at Chee Ann's house. KTV at Partyworld. Racing at 140 kmh back to Adam Road hawker centre. Setting fire using petrol at Jalan Gaharu's basketball court. Running & driving away when the police came. Coming to my house to watch wrestling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home