Wednesday, October 19, 2005

[2005 10 19] - [Wed]

Breakfast
Had Myojo Assam for breakfast. Somebody's maid came to look for Resti. Heard from Resti that the Granny in the maid's house had fallen down. Before I could offer to call the ambulance, she had gone off already.
Shifting of furniture
The painting work has shifted to the ground floor of my house. Though there were heavier and more stuff to move, it went off more smoothly today.
Bathroom downstairs
The guy doing the cement came today. I shall call him Cement Guy from now on.
Removing of exterior paint
The workers used a high-powered water to do that. Just like how we removed the mud from the FH88U in Khatib Camp.
Roof still leaks
It's baffling. Luckily the contractor-boss was here. He said that we may need to use silicon to reseal the sides of the roof.
Mummy's wall still leaks
Contractor-boss suspects that it may be caused by leaking hidden pipes. To correct that, we may have to re-do the whole toilet (equals a few thousand dollars). Just like how I re-write applications for other people.
Powered jet is too powerful
It simply switched off by itself when I used those additional power points. Had to plug it into an original power point.
Neighbourly relations
Uncle Poh borrowed the Powered Jet to wash his car porch. He intends to do the repainting himself. He's more a hands-on person.
Stupid M1
Cement Guy's phone is M1. So we keep hearing the 'No Service' beep every now and then. I'm seriously considering switching to Singtel once the contract is up end of 2006, which is next year.
Lunch
Asked Resti to buy Wan Ton Mee for Granny and Rice for me from the coffee shop.
Yen Peng
It's Yen Peng's 28th birthday. Luckily Ling reminded me.
MP3s
Copied 'Perfidia - French', 'Dream a Little Dream' & 'Where do I begin' to my XDA.
Journey to work
970 came quite fast.
Lunch
Joined the lunch group for tea. Missed taking lunch with them.
Lunch topic
It's on comedies, Stephen Chow & HDB. Talked about the $400k Duxton Place flat which I feel is over priced.
Oyster Emails
Sent it. Went straight to Siew Ling's place to get it approved and sent it out immediately. So far no problems. For next month, will need Tang Seng's help as I would be at the RIT.
Audit
Stephen is still involved in audit work. Just had a discussion with Tang Seng & me on preventing attacks via escape characters within SQL statements.
Perfidia
Siew Ling liked Perfidia also. Sent her the .rmvb file that I recorded last night.
Ling's Block Leave
Felix has closed ADRC for the last week of December. It's rare she can get leave like this. But it clashed with Mummy's trip to Penang with Mei and we can't leave Granny alone at home. Quite shitty. Murphy's Law? The other alternative would be for me to take 1 week's leave and have some local holiday.
RIT Location
It is almost confirmed that it will be at Orchid Country Club. That means there's no overseas trip.
RIT Project
We need to do some Tech Watch style kind of work. Sianz. Jeffrey, Wui Bin & I together with 2 from GELM will be working on comparing the expense ratios of GELM & GELS. Aiker, Nam Choon & 3 from GELM will be working on Knowledge Management.
RIT Night
The 5 from GELS have to take turns to host some after-dinnner event. Jeffrey & Wui Bin will host Karaoke for the first night. I will host a dinner at Fisherman's Village on the 2nd night while Aiker & Nam Choon will host the 3rd night. Budget is $50 per head per night.
RIT Thoughts
Initial thoughts is that it will be boring. Out of 30+ participants, only 10 will NOT be VP & above. The only fun available will be the alcohol. Can't really see anyone coming out to sing on the first night too.
Drinks @ home
Jio-ed Alex for drinks at home. He still can't confirm as he will be working OT. Val will be meeting her partners while Yeo has badminton & dinner.
Home
Mummy fetched me home. The Cement Guy from the morning is still there adding the finishing touches. The walls downstairs have been done up. Only the outside walls remain unpainted.
Phone call with Ling
Was on the phone downstairs with Ling from 10 pm to 11 pm. We were talking about where to go for our honeymoon. Several places cropped up but looks like Kunming is the best choice. Mauritius. Too cold for Ling. Too expensive. Ho Chi Minh. Too hot for me. Hong Kong. Too hot. Bali. Scared of bomb. Phuket. Scared of Tsunami.
Red Alert
Revisited my old hobby. It's fun using Kirovs, Yuris, V2 rockets to blast the living daylights out of my computer opponents. A good way to destress. Not that I got much stress to handle anyway. Maybe I'm stressed by he lack of stress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home