Thursday, October 20, 2005

[2005 10 20] - [Thu]

Morning
Had Maggi Curry for breakfast. Today will be the first day this week where I work for a full day. Took 174 to work. Swam 12 laps of freestyle at Fitness First. I'll wait for next week before going back to 14 laps.
Back from MC
She's back from her MC. Could hear her sharp voice all the way from the pantry as I walked in.
Account for Wai Khuan
Created a Common PC account for Wai Khuan. She's the first person with the 'fpms' prefix.
Fish Crackers
The fish crackers that Xinhui bought from Tanshui are very nice. It is something that I won’t buy as I won’t know what is in the food.
More hungry
The fish crackers made me hungrier. Should I go for Curry or just stick to Bee Hoon Kosong?
Maggi Goreng
Eventually settled for this. Not a bad choice. Gave a bit to everybody and they liked it.
Andy’s lunch
There was some mis-communication and Andy ended up expecting Chris to buy lunch but ended up with her empty hand in reality. So he had to go out and buy Mee Goreng.
Xinhui’s photos
Went through the mountains of photos and videos of her Taipei trip. I think there are well over 200+ of them. Have not been to most of the places. Of course you can’t compare a 4-day trip to an 8-day trip. She even went up to Taipei 101. Lucky her. When I went in Apr 2004, it was still under construction.
Trek Earth
Looked at photos of Poland & St Petersburg. Nice country. Especially the Tatry mountains on the Poland-Slovakia border. St Petersburg has a street called Nevsky Prospekt. It is like our Orchard Road in Singapore. Noticed that the people are still wearing winter clothes in May.
Yunnan
Ling actually surfed the web for places to visit in Yunnan. She brought up Lijiang, Ruili, Xishuangbana. Lijiang sounds attractive.
HR Regional Operating Manual
Siu Ming prepared it. I took a look at it. It may look thick. But it half of it is on the Key Job Comptencies required for the different positions. The other half are processes on hiring & firing of staff + all the benefits, leaves & loans that GE offers. You can say that it is a summary of all HR matters in GE.
Helping Daxin with Emas
Actually felt glad helping Daxin with it. Though it's a small portion involving the use of the Eclipse debugger. I felt useful at least for a moment during the day.
I lost weight?
Was in 7th heaven when Dharmesh & Karnala remarked that I've lost weight. Even if it is not true, I was happy for a while. Maybe it's the same reason that girls like to be praised. Whether true or not.
SS not available for Badminton
She's 'not feeling well' today. She looked anything but sick today. Even dressed up better looking than usual. Maybe there's a 'hot date' eh...
Walk to AA
Took a stroll to AA to preserve what should be preserved ($$$) and to reduce what should be reduced (KGKGKG).
Badminton
Played 3 sets of exhausting half-court singles with David coz we were the 1st 2 to arrive.
David & Me 15-5 Uncle Teck Yan & Zijie
David & Me 9-15 Uncle Teck Yan & Zijie
Don't let the scoreline deceive you. Both games were very hard-fought affairs. I can say that I played above myself today.
Uncle Teck Hui's birthday dinner
I've been tasked to talk to Fatty Weng tomorrow regarding Uncle Teck Hui's birthday dinner on 6 Nov. Since I'm on leave, I may as well go down and get whatever brouchure Fatty Weng can give me. Bargaining and asking for freebies is just not me.
Petrol
Put petrol ($72) at Mobil Yarwood before coming home. The car's mileage has reached 91,757 km.
Renovation
Mummy wants me to talk to the contractor tomorrow regarding the floor next to the desktop & Mei's desk. There are holes caused by putting chairs there. There's also the bottom part of the door frame.
Food
Granny left some food behind. Even bought a packet of rice for me. Luckily I like the steamed egg. So I finished it.
T7
Mei would like to borrow it for tomorrow. Maybe for Hwa Chong's open house?
Hwa Chong Open House
Chances of me gatecrashing is getting more & more remote. Kiat is busy preparing something to show his investors. I'll be talking to the contractors and going down to Fatty Weng.
Zouk's opening tomorrow
Laval asked if I would like to go. My desire level is 6.5 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home