[2005 10 11] - [Tue]
Morning
Skipped breakfast this morning as lunch will be provided. Took 970 to work, lugging my badminton rackets & army photos along. To compound matters I had to stand in a crowded bus with all the luggage. Finally got a seat when the bus passed Commonwealth MRT. Went Fitness First to bathe. The blisters on my feet are still hurting. They better heal by Thursday.
Photos
Showed Daxin & Dharmesh my army photos. They said that it is like looking at a different person. At least Daxin said that I look better now.
RIT
Got nominated for the RIT Workshop from 14-18 November. Jeffery is nominated too. So is Aiker & Pepy. There’s another person called ‘Nam Choon’ going.
StaffNet
Stephen beautified the StaffNet UAT home page with .jpg images. At least it looks more like the production version. Thought of using the import/export function to transfer the tabs from production to UAT. But it is too risky as it will affect the UAT MR directly. So I put aside the idea until maybe 10g release 2 or release 3.
Beijing
June came by and gave me some advice on Beijing. She advised against staying at the HuTongs as the place is only for locals and the police do make their rounds over there sometimes. She used to stay near Qinghua University. Entrance to the compound requires posession of a student pass. I didn’t know it was so strict. Even NUS and the National Taiwan University isn’t so strict. That scuppered my plans to visit the compound. She even printed some instructions on how to get to the Great Wall by public transport. Really thankful for that. Although it is in Chinese, I’m sure I can make out the words sooner or later.
Lunch Talk
There’s Mee Rebus for lunch today. It actually tasted very nice. Jimmy quoted the caterer saying that the President and Temasek Holdings top management are also his customers. I zzzzz for the rest of the lunch talk. Soon Bin opened it with his VoIP presentation. Shit. That means my group will have to present too. I’ve never slept so soundly for a talk before. Today is a record.
Mid-week matches
Copied the mid-week matches to my Excel file. Still waiting for sportingbet to release more odds.
Tech Watch Meeting
The stupid report has to be longer now since other groups have already spoiled the market. We met up and split the work among Stephen, Indra & me. Sok Puea will be going for her maternity leave next week. We shall spare her son of nightmares of tech watch. Indra will do the executive write-up. Stephen will do the Call-Centre portion while I’ll do the mobile EMAS portion. This seem a natural fit based on our abilities.
Going Home
Mummy fetched me home. Took out my spectacles and dozed off. When I woke up, we were still at Stevens Road. It took me a couple of minutes to realise where we were.
Bathtub
Mummy’s bathtub has arrived. It now sits in the living room, waiting for the contractor to install it tomorrow.
Bejing trip
Went to Toa Payoh Lorong 8 and discussed with Edwin about the trip. Actually Badaling is just a tourist trap. We might go for MuTianYu instead. I’ve more or less decided not to stay at the Hutongs as I might be taking my T41 along. Edwin will fly back on Sunday night while I’ll be back on Sunday morning.
Skipped breakfast this morning as lunch will be provided. Took 970 to work, lugging my badminton rackets & army photos along. To compound matters I had to stand in a crowded bus with all the luggage. Finally got a seat when the bus passed Commonwealth MRT. Went Fitness First to bathe. The blisters on my feet are still hurting. They better heal by Thursday.
Photos
Showed Daxin & Dharmesh my army photos. They said that it is like looking at a different person. At least Daxin said that I look better now.
RIT
Got nominated for the RIT Workshop from 14-18 November. Jeffery is nominated too. So is Aiker & Pepy. There’s another person called ‘Nam Choon’ going.
StaffNet
Stephen beautified the StaffNet UAT home page with .jpg images. At least it looks more like the production version. Thought of using the import/export function to transfer the tabs from production to UAT. But it is too risky as it will affect the UAT MR directly. So I put aside the idea until maybe 10g release 2 or release 3.
Beijing
June came by and gave me some advice on Beijing. She advised against staying at the HuTongs as the place is only for locals and the police do make their rounds over there sometimes. She used to stay near Qinghua University. Entrance to the compound requires posession of a student pass. I didn’t know it was so strict. Even NUS and the National Taiwan University isn’t so strict. That scuppered my plans to visit the compound. She even printed some instructions on how to get to the Great Wall by public transport. Really thankful for that. Although it is in Chinese, I’m sure I can make out the words sooner or later.
Lunch Talk
There’s Mee Rebus for lunch today. It actually tasted very nice. Jimmy quoted the caterer saying that the President and Temasek Holdings top management are also his customers. I zzzzz for the rest of the lunch talk. Soon Bin opened it with his VoIP presentation. Shit. That means my group will have to present too. I’ve never slept so soundly for a talk before. Today is a record.
Mid-week matches
Copied the mid-week matches to my Excel file. Still waiting for sportingbet to release more odds.
Tech Watch Meeting
The stupid report has to be longer now since other groups have already spoiled the market. We met up and split the work among Stephen, Indra & me. Sok Puea will be going for her maternity leave next week. We shall spare her son of nightmares of tech watch. Indra will do the executive write-up. Stephen will do the Call-Centre portion while I’ll do the mobile EMAS portion. This seem a natural fit based on our abilities.
Going Home
Mummy fetched me home. Took out my spectacles and dozed off. When I woke up, we were still at Stevens Road. It took me a couple of minutes to realise where we were.
Bathtub
Mummy’s bathtub has arrived. It now sits in the living room, waiting for the contractor to install it tomorrow.
Bejing trip
Went to Toa Payoh Lorong 8 and discussed with Edwin about the trip. Actually Badaling is just a tourist trap. We might go for MuTianYu instead. I’ve more or less decided not to stay at the Hutongs as I might be taking my T41 along. Edwin will fly back on Sunday night while I’ll be back on Sunday morning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home