[2005 10 12] - [Wed]
Waking up
Lazed around in bed until 7:30 am. Somehow I feel quite tired. Should be skipping my bath at Fitness First today.
Breakfast
Had Maggi Assam for breakfast. I didn’t take the soup at all.
Lonely Planet
Was reading Edwin’s Lonely Planet (China) on 174 this morning. I digressed to the other provinces. The choices for hotels seem limited. I’m sure there are better hotels in Beijing other than those listed here. Tried to look for Dapu from Lonely Planet. Not a single mention from it.
Term Insurance
Bought a Term Policy from Esther. It’s $260/yr from Asia Life giving me $100k cover. I think this is the best I’m willing to commit as I still got many financial expenditure coming up. Notably the renovation of my room and the flat (if I get it). Also the wedding and the wedding photos.
Trip Cancelled
No ticket to Beijing! Only SIA has available tickets at $1200 after taxes. For that amount, I can fly to Europe. Trip cancelled. ‘Helpful’ Chris also helped me to check the SIA website. At least Edwin managed to get his ticket back to Singapore.
Lunch
Asked Stephen to buy Bee Hoon Kosong for me.
Email Broadcasts
Uploaded the Project Oyster emails to the database for the monthly broadcast on the 19th. Tried out the new ‘bc_server’ that I’ve amended for the Greatlink Broadcast. So far there’s no errors reported. But I noticed that the email contents are no longer written to the log file. Small matter.
Tech Watch Report
Started on the diagram this morning on Mobile Emas and went through the websites of the 3 telcos for their 3G prices. It’s all around 0.3c/KB or $100-$200/mth for unlimited usage. Estimated that 0.5 man years is needed for the 3G Gateway. Based on $50/man-hour, we can get the rough figure for out-sourcing.
Bored at Work
I’m really twiddling my thumbs. So much so that I went over to TNS side to look for Simon & Amilyn to talk to. Home & Dinner
Mummy fetched me home. Had the usual dinner of Minced Meat & Bean Curd.
Renovation
Our staircase has been covered by paper cardboards. No prizes for guessing that renovation has started. Mummy’s old bathtub has been removed already. The floor of the area where the bathtub stood was surprisingly clean. The built-in cabinet beside the fridge has also been hacked. What lay behind are brown stained walls. I hope they can be scraped off and repainted before the new built-in cupboard comes.
Sewing of rank + Lonely Planet China
Picked Ling up and returned the Lonely Planet China to Edwin at Republic Polytechnic. Lent him my newly-bought Beijing map too. He’s still doing OT. Sent my uniform for the sewing of my 2SG rank @ Beach Road. At first I was charged $5 per No.4. Then he said that it’s $7 per No.4 coz of the 2SG rank. Decided to give it to him anyway as the other shops are either closed or seem to be closing. The sewing took 20 minutes, so we took a walk around the hawker centre looking unsuccessfully for the famous Curry Mee. We then strayed to the Kampong Glam Community Centre.
Coupon
Ling is forever the Parking Coupon advocate. She just coaxed me into putting the 50c coupon at Beach Road.
Next Door’s Painting Plans
Dr Khong said that he won’t be painting the front together with us as he would like to do the front together with his backyard. So we will just draw a line in the middle of 2 houses and paint.
Speedstream
Mei went to update the Zonealarm this afternoon. I’ve since unchecked the auto-update option. Apparently, the new version managed to disable my dial-up networking! I had to re-install the Speedstream adapter.
Slovakia vs Russia
Placed $30 at Sportingbet. Placed an additional $50 with Yeo’s side.
Lazed around in bed until 7:30 am. Somehow I feel quite tired. Should be skipping my bath at Fitness First today.
Breakfast
Had Maggi Assam for breakfast. I didn’t take the soup at all.
Lonely Planet
Was reading Edwin’s Lonely Planet (China) on 174 this morning. I digressed to the other provinces. The choices for hotels seem limited. I’m sure there are better hotels in Beijing other than those listed here. Tried to look for Dapu from Lonely Planet. Not a single mention from it.
Term Insurance
Bought a Term Policy from Esther. It’s $260/yr from Asia Life giving me $100k cover. I think this is the best I’m willing to commit as I still got many financial expenditure coming up. Notably the renovation of my room and the flat (if I get it). Also the wedding and the wedding photos.
Trip Cancelled
No ticket to Beijing! Only SIA has available tickets at $1200 after taxes. For that amount, I can fly to Europe. Trip cancelled. ‘Helpful’ Chris also helped me to check the SIA website. At least Edwin managed to get his ticket back to Singapore.
Lunch
Asked Stephen to buy Bee Hoon Kosong for me.
Email Broadcasts
Uploaded the Project Oyster emails to the database for the monthly broadcast on the 19th. Tried out the new ‘bc_server’ that I’ve amended for the Greatlink Broadcast. So far there’s no errors reported. But I noticed that the email contents are no longer written to the log file. Small matter.
Tech Watch Report
Started on the diagram this morning on Mobile Emas and went through the websites of the 3 telcos for their 3G prices. It’s all around 0.3c/KB or $100-$200/mth for unlimited usage. Estimated that 0.5 man years is needed for the 3G Gateway. Based on $50/man-hour, we can get the rough figure for out-sourcing.
Bored at Work
I’m really twiddling my thumbs. So much so that I went over to TNS side to look for Simon & Amilyn to talk to. Home & Dinner
Mummy fetched me home. Had the usual dinner of Minced Meat & Bean Curd.
Renovation
Our staircase has been covered by paper cardboards. No prizes for guessing that renovation has started. Mummy’s old bathtub has been removed already. The floor of the area where the bathtub stood was surprisingly clean. The built-in cabinet beside the fridge has also been hacked. What lay behind are brown stained walls. I hope they can be scraped off and repainted before the new built-in cupboard comes.
Sewing of rank + Lonely Planet China
Picked Ling up and returned the Lonely Planet China to Edwin at Republic Polytechnic. Lent him my newly-bought Beijing map too. He’s still doing OT. Sent my uniform for the sewing of my 2SG rank @ Beach Road. At first I was charged $5 per No.4. Then he said that it’s $7 per No.4 coz of the 2SG rank. Decided to give it to him anyway as the other shops are either closed or seem to be closing. The sewing took 20 minutes, so we took a walk around the hawker centre looking unsuccessfully for the famous Curry Mee. We then strayed to the Kampong Glam Community Centre.
Coupon
Ling is forever the Parking Coupon advocate. She just coaxed me into putting the 50c coupon at Beach Road.
Next Door’s Painting Plans
Dr Khong said that he won’t be painting the front together with us as he would like to do the front together with his backyard. So we will just draw a line in the middle of 2 houses and paint.
Speedstream
Mei went to update the Zonealarm this afternoon. I’ve since unchecked the auto-update option. Apparently, the new version managed to disable my dial-up networking! I had to re-install the Speedstream adapter.
Slovakia vs Russia
Placed $30 at Sportingbet. Placed an additional $50 with Yeo’s side.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home