[2005 07 27] - [Wed]
[1100] - Office
Nielsen
Met up with Frederic Liow from Nielsen. Aiker, Anil, Stephen, Cai Wei, Chris and Hiu Phui were also there. My grouse is that the data gathering process is 100% client dependent. There will be no statistics if browsers block third party scripts or there’s no internet connection between the client browser and Nielsen’s servers. It isn’t designed like webtrends where it sits on the server and analyses log files. However, Cai Wei went on to challenge Frederic to make sure that he admitted the short-comings of Nielsen’s product. I find it unnecessary as we already know what Nielsen’s product can do or cannot do. In the end, the whole meeting dragged on to 6:30 pm.
Time with Granny
I spent some time with Granny watching Tong Xin Yuan and one of the Chinese game shows. She’s now taking Ku Ku’s advice of soaking her feet in warm water every night. Hope it works for her. Now she quite poor thing. During the day time, nobody to talk to her except the maid. Her only other thing is to watch TV.
War of the Worlds - Worst movie this year
Watched the War of the Worlds which I downloaded from the movie server. The storyline is bland. Tom Cruise just divorced his wife. He is looking after his 2 children for the weekend. Suddenly Aliens attacked and he wants to bring his children to Boston. I don’t know what’s the rational behind it since New York was already annihilated. Along the way, they keep running and running. When they reached Boston, the aliens suddenly died and the movie ended. Tom Cruise’s 2 stupid children likes to space out in the face of danger.
Insurance Claim
Mummy walked from MND building as I met her downstairs. Puay Hoon served us at the counter. We submitted the necessary forms for Daddy’s death claim. After a couple of days, probably Franklin one of his Claims colleagues will contact us. There’s also a cheque for Daddy. We can only put it into an account with Daddy’s name. So Mummy will put it into her joint account with Daddy.
Felix at Fitness First
Bumped into Felix at Fitness First. Could recognise him even WITHOUT my spectacles. He just joined recentlyfor some weight-losing activities.
Plans for tonight
Called a few friends to the coffee shop near my place for some drinks. I don’t want to go too far from home. At least for this period.
SupremeHealth
Going through the promotional email sent by Swee Kiang about SupremeHealth. The terms look quite attractive. There’s 40% discoune for 1st year premium. For subsequent years, not sure if it is going to be 20% or 6.5%.
Karnala’s Laptop
Daxin’s laptop is now used by Karnala. It’s a bitch to use it. I can’t even install Microsoft Office for him. Daxin is now suggesting a re-install of Windows 2000.
[1110] - Office
Other office matters
Just got the File Exchange Server details from Stephen.
[1400] - Office
Went to make another key and got my old shoes mended. Had Nasi Briyani for lunch.
[1800] - Office
Have been playing around with the Google Earth. It has satellite images of every corner of the world. It really kicks ass. I could see Bukit Timah Road. I even went to look at Granny’s home town in China. Those images of cities like Beijing, New York were the clearest.
[1900] - Home
Cycled home. Overtook a Porsche at Cluny Road after it got caught in the jam. The Porsche caught up with me opposite NJC. But I overtook it again as there was another jam.
[2100] - Coffeeshop near my house
Having a drink with Alex, Bin, Kit, Val & Dennis. It’s been a while since I met them for drinks. Don’t really remember much except for the 7 bottles of Barons.
Nielsen
Met up with Frederic Liow from Nielsen. Aiker, Anil, Stephen, Cai Wei, Chris and Hiu Phui were also there. My grouse is that the data gathering process is 100% client dependent. There will be no statistics if browsers block third party scripts or there’s no internet connection between the client browser and Nielsen’s servers. It isn’t designed like webtrends where it sits on the server and analyses log files. However, Cai Wei went on to challenge Frederic to make sure that he admitted the short-comings of Nielsen’s product. I find it unnecessary as we already know what Nielsen’s product can do or cannot do. In the end, the whole meeting dragged on to 6:30 pm.
Time with Granny
I spent some time with Granny watching Tong Xin Yuan and one of the Chinese game shows. She’s now taking Ku Ku’s advice of soaking her feet in warm water every night. Hope it works for her. Now she quite poor thing. During the day time, nobody to talk to her except the maid. Her only other thing is to watch TV.
War of the Worlds - Worst movie this year
Watched the War of the Worlds which I downloaded from the movie server. The storyline is bland. Tom Cruise just divorced his wife. He is looking after his 2 children for the weekend. Suddenly Aliens attacked and he wants to bring his children to Boston. I don’t know what’s the rational behind it since New York was already annihilated. Along the way, they keep running and running. When they reached Boston, the aliens suddenly died and the movie ended. Tom Cruise’s 2 stupid children likes to space out in the face of danger.
Insurance Claim
Mummy walked from MND building as I met her downstairs. Puay Hoon served us at the counter. We submitted the necessary forms for Daddy’s death claim. After a couple of days, probably Franklin one of his Claims colleagues will contact us. There’s also a cheque for Daddy. We can only put it into an account with Daddy’s name. So Mummy will put it into her joint account with Daddy.
Felix at Fitness First
Bumped into Felix at Fitness First. Could recognise him even WITHOUT my spectacles. He just joined recentlyfor some weight-losing activities.
Plans for tonight
Called a few friends to the coffee shop near my place for some drinks. I don’t want to go too far from home. At least for this period.
SupremeHealth
Going through the promotional email sent by Swee Kiang about SupremeHealth. The terms look quite attractive. There’s 40% discoune for 1st year premium. For subsequent years, not sure if it is going to be 20% or 6.5%.
Karnala’s Laptop
Daxin’s laptop is now used by Karnala. It’s a bitch to use it. I can’t even install Microsoft Office for him. Daxin is now suggesting a re-install of Windows 2000.
[1110] - Office
Other office matters
Just got the File Exchange Server details from Stephen.
[1400] - Office
Went to make another key and got my old shoes mended. Had Nasi Briyani for lunch.
[1800] - Office
Have been playing around with the Google Earth. It has satellite images of every corner of the world. It really kicks ass. I could see Bukit Timah Road. I even went to look at Granny’s home town in China. Those images of cities like Beijing, New York were the clearest.
[1900] - Home
Cycled home. Overtook a Porsche at Cluny Road after it got caught in the jam. The Porsche caught up with me opposite NJC. But I overtook it again as there was another jam.
[2100] - Coffeeshop near my house
Having a drink with Alex, Bin, Kit, Val & Dennis. It’s been a while since I met them for drinks. Don’t really remember much except for the 7 bottles of Barons.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home