Sunday, July 24, 2005

[2005 07 24] - [Sun]

[0050] - Bed
The day went past eventfully. First stop was Mount Vernon. We were going to transfer Tien Yen's ashes today. On the way there, we had to pick An An from Uncle Guan's home. We got stuck at SMU as I forgot that there's CCG there today. After arriving there, we said our prayers to Tien Yen and Jeff began hacking open the plaque. I then carried her urn. We wrapped the urn with a red cloth before I handed it over to Ku Ku. Man Ku was responsible for holding the umbrella. We drove to Mandai Columbarium. Found out that the urn was too big. So we transferred to a smaller urn. We saw her ashes. There were coins inside as well. There's also a piece of paper with her name. Ku Ku then put 8 coins into the urn. Jeff took out the parts of Tien Yen's skull first before transfering the body over. We then capped it off with the skull pieces. After fixing the urn, we settled the logistics before Ku Ku gave him a Red Packet. After Mandai, we went Tiong Bahru for lunch. Bought Siew Mai, Lor Mai Kai and porridge. Ling's Home was my next stop while Mummy drove them home. I had a short nap there before we went online. We had some fun reading other people's blogs. Ling's Dad accidentally stepped on her Mum's specs. So Ling's Mum had to go and have it fixed. For dinner, I had Fried Egg and Mushroom soup. Mummy picked us up at 8+ to go Beach Road and send Man Ku off. When we got home, I watched TianLongBaBu to catch the road sweeper scene. I think he's the most highly skilled fighter in all of Jin Yong's books. I then sent Ling home. Ling's Mum made Or Kway for us.
[2310] - Bed
Another eventful day. Decided to skip church this morning as it made more sense to rest at home and travel down to Safra Mount Faber on my own. Had lunch at home with Granny & Ku Ku. I went to the coffee shop near our house to buy lunch. We faced ABN Amro first. It was a team of one guy and 2 ladies. Keith lost to Trung, the first name in their line-up. Serene beat Su Pin. Then I lost to Kai Ling. A fat girl who looks as if she's playing pool for the first time. I lost after I scratched and potted the eight. Our second match with Pratt & Whitney was better. Keith lost to Dominic. Serene beat Elizabeth, an Ah Lian looking executive. I managed to beat Jackson. We got into the 2nd round. Ling just arrived. After the draw, we would be facing OCBC in the 2nd round. Ling just arrived to watch. We played all three matches concurrently. Serene beat Faith first. Keith lost to Robin. My match with Vincent is still ongoing. I faced a final shot. Vincent snooked me. So I attempted a kick-back with the eight-ball near the hole. I made the shot. But the white ball refused to obey my instructions and followed the black ball in. Game, Set, Match OCBC. We exchanged name cards with OCBC. They are thinking of organising some pool sessions. I'm quite pai se as we did not prepare any corporate gifts. ABN Amro gave a water bottle. Pratt & Whitney gave collar pins. OCBC gave a beach ball, beach bag and a towel. We could only offer a warm handshake in embarrassment. Ling & I then left. We went MacDonald's for dinner before going to her place. We laughed ourselves silly at some Taiwanese Variety show by Jacky Wu. I left her place at 10 pm. Mummy just passed me a cheque. Going to open an FD account tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home