[2005 07 26] - [Tue]
[1550] - Office
Lau Pa Sat
Brought Ku Ku & An An to Lau Pa Sat for some Satay and Ketupat. We ordered 15 sticks of Chicken Satay. An An & I took 5 sticks each. Ku Ku took 4 and Mummy took 1. I ended up finishing the Ketupat as Ku Ku & An An bought dessert as well. The satay is at 50c a stick. Although on the menu, it is stated as $1 a stick. Maybe the menu if for Ang Mohs.
Sending Ku Ku & An An off
Woke up at 5 am to send Ku Ku & An An off. It was pouring damn heavily. Managed to avoid a waist-high tree branch that had already fallen on the road along Eng Neo Avenue. Luckily I was in a different lane. They will be flying back to Washington DC by United Airlines. The plane will stop by Tokyo before going on to San Francisco before ending up at Washington DC. Really appreciated the support and help Ku Ku gave over the difficult 2 weeks. Mummy gave them each a red packet as a parting gift. Life without them will be much quieter.
Airport Parking Fee
Left airport at 6:45 am. Parking fee was only $1. Maybe there’s a discount for unfortunate souls going to the airport at unearthly hours.
Breakfast at Maxwell Market
Ordered Mee Rebus for myself and Mee Siam for Mummy. One of the lousier versions. Of all things, the Auntie decided to add Ikan Bilis to my Mee Rebus. Luckily I stopped her in time. We shared You Tiao before drinking tea from the coffee stall.
Swimming at Fitness First
Reached office at 7:30 am. Still pouring when I went to Fitness First for my bath as I have already decided not to swim. But I changed my mind when I saw some lady still swimming in the rain. So I got inspired and went to swim 16 laps of Breast Stroke.
Tech Watch
We did some brainstorming for the 2 of the 3 wireless technologies. Bluetooth and 3G. We didn’t do for Dect phone as we have covered it extensively for the interim presentation. For each technology, we chose 3 suggestions to focus on. Then for each suggestion, we talked about the ‘Current Situation’, ‘Benefits of the Solution’ and ‘Constraints’ faced by the solution.
Lunch Time
Went for a hair-cut at Que ‘n Cut. The guy cutting my hair quite ‘feminine’ and gentle. I then went to make another set of house keys for Mei. $8 only. The glass door key is slightly more expensive at $3 a piece. While the gate keys are at $1 each. Bought Tian Qi wine for Granny. I tried the pineapple rice ($3) from the shop below the post office. The taste is quite okay although the portion is a little small.
Meeing of ‘Champions’ from team-building
We might be giving a powerpoint presention to the management team of IT in the near future. Going to suggest the formation of an IT Communication hub in which the minutes of meetings, org charts & project updates are all consolidated at one point so that communication between IT staff will be improved. KT came by and gave some suggestions. One of which is to call this discussion the ‘CM Programme Team-Building follow up’. We decided to follow the Tech Watch style of ‘Objective’, ‘Current Situation’, ‘Solution’, ‘Benefits’ & ‘Constraints’.
Lau Pa Sat
Brought Ku Ku & An An to Lau Pa Sat for some Satay and Ketupat. We ordered 15 sticks of Chicken Satay. An An & I took 5 sticks each. Ku Ku took 4 and Mummy took 1. I ended up finishing the Ketupat as Ku Ku & An An bought dessert as well. The satay is at 50c a stick. Although on the menu, it is stated as $1 a stick. Maybe the menu if for Ang Mohs.
Sending Ku Ku & An An off
Woke up at 5 am to send Ku Ku & An An off. It was pouring damn heavily. Managed to avoid a waist-high tree branch that had already fallen on the road along Eng Neo Avenue. Luckily I was in a different lane. They will be flying back to Washington DC by United Airlines. The plane will stop by Tokyo before going on to San Francisco before ending up at Washington DC. Really appreciated the support and help Ku Ku gave over the difficult 2 weeks. Mummy gave them each a red packet as a parting gift. Life without them will be much quieter.
Airport Parking Fee
Left airport at 6:45 am. Parking fee was only $1. Maybe there’s a discount for unfortunate souls going to the airport at unearthly hours.
Breakfast at Maxwell Market
Ordered Mee Rebus for myself and Mee Siam for Mummy. One of the lousier versions. Of all things, the Auntie decided to add Ikan Bilis to my Mee Rebus. Luckily I stopped her in time. We shared You Tiao before drinking tea from the coffee stall.
Swimming at Fitness First
Reached office at 7:30 am. Still pouring when I went to Fitness First for my bath as I have already decided not to swim. But I changed my mind when I saw some lady still swimming in the rain. So I got inspired and went to swim 16 laps of Breast Stroke.
Tech Watch
We did some brainstorming for the 2 of the 3 wireless technologies. Bluetooth and 3G. We didn’t do for Dect phone as we have covered it extensively for the interim presentation. For each technology, we chose 3 suggestions to focus on. Then for each suggestion, we talked about the ‘Current Situation’, ‘Benefits of the Solution’ and ‘Constraints’ faced by the solution.
Lunch Time
Went for a hair-cut at Que ‘n Cut. The guy cutting my hair quite ‘feminine’ and gentle. I then went to make another set of house keys for Mei. $8 only. The glass door key is slightly more expensive at $3 a piece. While the gate keys are at $1 each. Bought Tian Qi wine for Granny. I tried the pineapple rice ($3) from the shop below the post office. The taste is quite okay although the portion is a little small.
Meeing of ‘Champions’ from team-building
We might be giving a powerpoint presention to the management team of IT in the near future. Going to suggest the formation of an IT Communication hub in which the minutes of meetings, org charts & project updates are all consolidated at one point so that communication between IT staff will be improved. KT came by and gave some suggestions. One of which is to call this discussion the ‘CM Programme Team-Building follow up’. We decided to follow the Tech Watch style of ‘Objective’, ‘Current Situation’, ‘Solution’, ‘Benefits’ & ‘Constraints’.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home