[2005 07 16] - [Sat]
[1020] - Beauty World
Mummy and the 2 Aunties went marketing in the morning. Bought Bee Hoon back for me. But they left the Kway Teow Tng behind. Uncle Guan's wife fetched An An here. Found out that Hong Leong Bank in JB is closed on 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month. Which means no JB trip today. I then fetched Mummy and the 2 Aunties to do more banking stuff before dropping Mei at Pine Grove for her Piano lessons. I returned the charger to Ling before coming back here to pick them. Now they are looking for some money changers.
[1045] - Home
Our house TV was turned on for the first time in days. Aunt Swi Kiaw gave me $500. That is Grandpa's money actually. I'm quite reluctant to take the money as she needs it more.
[1215] - Alexandra Village
I bring my family here for the Crystal Buns and Claypot Laksa. The Laksa gets high marks from my Aunties. Granny has the Vegetarian Lunch because the Laksa is too spicy.
[1315] - Thomson Plaza
I drop Mummy and Man Ku here. She's going to shop for some Thank-You Cards.
[1330] - Home
I drop Granny, Ku Ku & An An home. Going to Ling's place now. She has been waiting for a long time.
[1400] - Ling's Home
We laze around. Ling watched episode 16 of the Korean Show this morning. I've not lazed around here for a long time.
[1430] - Ling's Home
The lazing around is short-lived. Mummy calls to say that they are done with Thomson Plaza.
[1500] - Thomson Plaza
I pick up Mummy and Man Ku. Lots of driving today.
[1545] - Mee Rebus Coffee Shop
We come here as Ling has not eaten lunch. Mummy and Man Ku walk home first. Ling orders a Mee Rebus. She prefers the Mee Rebus from NUS though.
[1630] - Home
Ling helps out with some of the prawn peeling as Ku Ku is going to cook vegetable curry for tonight.
[1800] - Dinner @ Home
Curry is good. But too bad it isn't spicy enough.
[1845] - Walking around Hua Guan Estate
Ku Ku, Man Ku, Ling & I go for a walk around the estate as we feel quite full. I show them the place where Daddy fell in January. I also show Man Ku where Wilson's Home is after telling them about the failed kidnapping attempt years ago.
[1945] - Home
Man Ku tells me Mummy is crying as she read the Birthday Card Mei gave to her on her birthday.
[2000] - Home
I go through old photos with Ling. We start with the wedding photos of Daddy & Mummy. The photography was real-shitty. But those are the only pictures available. We also pour through Daddy's RMC photos. I can spot Uncle Peng Yin immediately.
[2025] - Driving An An to Uncle Guan's Home
An An is going over to stay for a night. Ling, Man Ku and Ku Ku tag along for a car ride.
[2115] - Driving, on the way home
The conversation in the car shifts to Tian Yan. I bring up the fact that I still feel guilty after all these years and her funeral is still the saddest funeral I have ever attended. I was only a few seconds and a few metres from saving Tian Yan. Ku Ku and I begin to cry automatically. I will never forget 29 Feb 1992.
[2220] - Mummy's Room, Home
We go through Daddy's old neck ties. I pick a few for keeping and we put aside the rest for donation. Daddy really had a huge collection of neck ties. 3 plastic bags in all.
[2245] - Mummy's Room, Home
We end up going through Mummy's things as well. Some of the old dresses can fit both Mei and Ling. There is also a couple of unused but beautiful pyjamas. Mei bought one of them in China and due to sizing matters, it could fit me. Man Ku then jokes about me wearing it to office on Monday.
[2250] - Mummy’s Room, Home
Mei just told me that the ‘Half-Blood Prince’ is Professor Snape and Dumbledore will die. Her friend bought the book and flipped to the last page immediately.
[2320] - Driving Ling Home
Ling realises her scrungee is still at my place.
[2330] - Ling's Home
Ling's mother prepared some Ngoh Hiang for us. I can smell it even though it is in the box. I promise Ling to find her scrungee and message her.
Mummy and the 2 Aunties went marketing in the morning. Bought Bee Hoon back for me. But they left the Kway Teow Tng behind. Uncle Guan's wife fetched An An here. Found out that Hong Leong Bank in JB is closed on 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month. Which means no JB trip today. I then fetched Mummy and the 2 Aunties to do more banking stuff before dropping Mei at Pine Grove for her Piano lessons. I returned the charger to Ling before coming back here to pick them. Now they are looking for some money changers.
[1045] - Home
Our house TV was turned on for the first time in days. Aunt Swi Kiaw gave me $500. That is Grandpa's money actually. I'm quite reluctant to take the money as she needs it more.
[1215] - Alexandra Village
I bring my family here for the Crystal Buns and Claypot Laksa. The Laksa gets high marks from my Aunties. Granny has the Vegetarian Lunch because the Laksa is too spicy.
[1315] - Thomson Plaza
I drop Mummy and Man Ku here. She's going to shop for some Thank-You Cards.
[1330] - Home
I drop Granny, Ku Ku & An An home. Going to Ling's place now. She has been waiting for a long time.
[1400] - Ling's Home
We laze around. Ling watched episode 16 of the Korean Show this morning. I've not lazed around here for a long time.
[1430] - Ling's Home
The lazing around is short-lived. Mummy calls to say that they are done with Thomson Plaza.
[1500] - Thomson Plaza
I pick up Mummy and Man Ku. Lots of driving today.
[1545] - Mee Rebus Coffee Shop
We come here as Ling has not eaten lunch. Mummy and Man Ku walk home first. Ling orders a Mee Rebus. She prefers the Mee Rebus from NUS though.
[1630] - Home
Ling helps out with some of the prawn peeling as Ku Ku is going to cook vegetable curry for tonight.
[1800] - Dinner @ Home
Curry is good. But too bad it isn't spicy enough.
[1845] - Walking around Hua Guan Estate
Ku Ku, Man Ku, Ling & I go for a walk around the estate as we feel quite full. I show them the place where Daddy fell in January. I also show Man Ku where Wilson's Home is after telling them about the failed kidnapping attempt years ago.
[1945] - Home
Man Ku tells me Mummy is crying as she read the Birthday Card Mei gave to her on her birthday.
[2000] - Home
I go through old photos with Ling. We start with the wedding photos of Daddy & Mummy. The photography was real-shitty. But those are the only pictures available. We also pour through Daddy's RMC photos. I can spot Uncle Peng Yin immediately.
[2025] - Driving An An to Uncle Guan's Home
An An is going over to stay for a night. Ling, Man Ku and Ku Ku tag along for a car ride.
[2115] - Driving, on the way home
The conversation in the car shifts to Tian Yan. I bring up the fact that I still feel guilty after all these years and her funeral is still the saddest funeral I have ever attended. I was only a few seconds and a few metres from saving Tian Yan. Ku Ku and I begin to cry automatically. I will never forget 29 Feb 1992.
[2220] - Mummy's Room, Home
We go through Daddy's old neck ties. I pick a few for keeping and we put aside the rest for donation. Daddy really had a huge collection of neck ties. 3 plastic bags in all.
[2245] - Mummy's Room, Home
We end up going through Mummy's things as well. Some of the old dresses can fit both Mei and Ling. There is also a couple of unused but beautiful pyjamas. Mei bought one of them in China and due to sizing matters, it could fit me. Man Ku then jokes about me wearing it to office on Monday.
[2250] - Mummy’s Room, Home
Mei just told me that the ‘Half-Blood Prince’ is Professor Snape and Dumbledore will die. Her friend bought the book and flipped to the last page immediately.
[2320] - Driving Ling Home
Ling realises her scrungee is still at my place.
[2330] - Ling's Home
Ling's mother prepared some Ngoh Hiang for us. I can smell it even though it is in the box. I promise Ling to find her scrungee and message her.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home