Wednesday, March 29, 2006

20060329 - Wed

[Morning]
Woke up @ 6:45 am. Felt tired and went back to sleep until 7:15 am. Followed Mummy to work. Took some Campbell's Instant Soup to office. They have expired. But Mei took it this morning and according to Mummy, there's no difference in the taste. Brought the Kettle chips to work too.
[KMPlayer]
KMPlayer was the first thing on my mind in office. I copied another installation of it from Common PC. It still didn't work. Then I noticed that the new installation seem to retain some old paths from the old installation. I suspected it had something to do with the registry. Daxin said that KMPlayer would not write to the registry. Big bad liar! Thankfully, I deleted the registry entry and my KMPlayer can capture audio to .mp3 again.
[Fitness First]
Went to David's desk to sign the Pay Deduction form again. The actual amount to deduct is $47.25 for those existing Fitness First members because they have already paid the admin fees. The original monthly amount of $51.50 accounted for the Admin Fees for new members. Invited KT to my wedding on the way back to my desk.
[Wedding Helper List]
Sent the 'photo-genic' version of the Wedding Helper List to Stephen, Chris, Xinhui & Ling. My colleagues found it funny. Suhyi found it ugly. I think coz she was inside the Wedding Helper List. Planned out the Tea Ceremony @ my house on Microsoft Project.
[Work]
Spent the rest of the morning tweaking the changes to the iMode website with Chris doing the testing. In between, we bitched about Cai Wei's handphone. Anthony came by to ask me a few questions about how to harden Oracle 10g Application Server. I find it weird that he has to come and ask me so this. On top of that, I think his technical knowledge is limited. He doesn't even know what how JSPs are called using HTTP. Eileen replied that the online claim forms are tested and working fine on the production server.
[Funan Centre]
Bought Eye Drops & Panadol (Muscle Aches) for 阿奶. Walked to Funan to enquire about the SD Ultra-II Plus card for Terence. The price is not cheap. $139 for 1GB & $79 for 512 MB. Terence decided not to buy it. Went Challenger to look @ keyboards. Only one mini-keyboard impressed me. Another keyboard that gave me an impression was the Circular keyboard specially designed for games. It's basically a one-handed keyboard. I noticed some of the alphabets are not assigned any keys. Maybe for those letters, we need to do some 'Alt', 'Ctrl' or 'Shift'. Bathed @ Fitness First on the way back to office. Met Deleon @ Fitness First.

[Lunch]
Tried out the potato chips from Mustafa Centre for lunch. They didn't taste like normal potato chips. There's no MSG taste this time. I actually tasted real potato. I should say that they are one of the best I've tasted. Gave the lunch gang 1 chip each. I topped up my Potato-chipped lunch with the Expired Instant Campbell Soup. The soup tasted alright. Didn't notice anything funny though it expired in Dec 2005.
[Work]
Tweaked further changes to iMode website in the afternoon. Found out that the product mapping between iPlanner and eBrochure was not done. So I did it for both 3G & iMode. It has been helpful afternoon for me. Helped Kamariah edit some of the departments in the phone directory. Helped Andy to remove some radio buttons from some jsp page. Helped Jeffrey access StaffNet PoC. Created a test account for him. Deployed confirm.jsp for Dharmesh. Helped Desmond ask Choon Hong to deploy EA Website changes to StaffNet UAT & Production.
[Photos]
Sent out those photos to Kiat. He said that I'm very efficient. Of course. I'm the high-flying IT Professional Grandmaster Black-Belt. Efficieny is my buzzword.
[Electoral Boundaries]
Surfed www.parliament.gov.sg and played around with the online query on which road belongs to which GRC/SMC. It's interesting Singapore Island Country Club is actually in the same GRC as me. Thomson Plaza belongs to Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC and Westlake Gardens belong to Tanjong Pagar GRC.

[Home]
Followed Mummy home. Had Bean Sprouts & Minced Meat for dinner. Our PC's fan went down. Just like the StaffNet PoC OID server. I'll have to bring it to Sim Lim Square tomorrow. Maybe I'll take this opportunity to upgrade the PC. Mummy almost fell while on a stool @ in the family room. She had a small cut on her face. Luckily it's not worse. Showed Mummy photos of my new table. She was suggesting that we put the table near the window. But I reminded her that my new PC will be on the table, that's why it has to be further from the window. Found the name card of the Karang Guni shop. I'll ask them whether they can take the old HP Laserjet in the family room.
[福建 Map]
It finally arrived today. It's from the new series of the China Provincal Maps. There's a small map of 福州 included inside.
[Jog]
Drove to NUS to jog. Ling didn't want to jog. So it's only Laval & me. Jogged 6 rounds. Laval could keep pace with me for the first 4 rounds. After that, I think the warning light for he's petrol tank came on. Sent Laval home after the jog.
[MoS]
Went home to bathe before coming out again with Kiat. Put my badminton & table tennis racquets in office first before going to Ministry of Sound. Had a shot of Grey Goose Orange in office. Kiat used the discount coupon and paid $10 in cover charge. I didn't bring mine and paid $20. Can't believe I actually danced @ '54' today. I hated the room the most though it's Kiat's favourite. I think from first impressions, '54' sucks. But after sitting on the Orange chair which looks like a space capsule, the place grows on you. I still went to the Main Arena to dance for a while before coming back. Lots of Ang Mohs @ '54'. But I notice that a lot of them look like tourists from their dressing, unlike those expatatriates. Kiat had a butch friend there. But he said she's a friendly person. It's a pity I didn't catch her name when he introduced us. She's working inside the DJ console. We went 'Pure' to chill on on those beds for a while. Somehow there are lots of Ang Mohs & Blacks @ Smoove today. So we didn't spend much time there. Left MoS @ 2:15 am. Went King Albert Park to buy 2 set of MacNuggets Meal before going home.

1 Comments:

Blogger 欣颖 said...

How can you wake up the next morning to wk when you return so early in the morning ? =P

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home