20060319 - Sun
[Morning]
Woke up @ 9:30 am. Mummy went to church early w Mei. Granny didn't go church. Had Spaghetti w Bolognaise sauce for breakfast. The sauce had lots of tomato taste in it. Aunt Ah Kum called. She talked to Granny for a while. Then I think either Ku Ku or Man Ku called. Don't know who that was exactly.
[Church]
Followed Uncle Teck Seng to church. Today's sermon was given by an Ang Moh. He brought his wife along. Used to perform missionary work in Siberia, Chukotka & China. I thought I was the only one in Sg who knew where Chukotka was. Summary of the Sermon was that wives should respect their husbands unconditionally. Husbands should love their wives unconditionally. He quoted passages from the Bible. He raised the question of why didn't the bible ever mention that the wives should love their husbands and husbands should respect the wives. I didn't realise it until today. There was actually a survey done on men & women. When men were told to choose between being left unloved & alone or being disrespected. Men would prefer to be respected than to be loved. Women on the other hand preferred to be loved than to be respected.
[Wheelchair for Granny]
After church, we dropped Mei & Orchard MRT. She is meeting a friend there. They will be going to some place near Raffles Town Club. Mummy & I went Quality Hotel to survey the bufet. The porridge buffet is only available @ night. We stopped by some coffee shop. Had MVR for lunch. We didn't know where the wheel chair shop was. So we called Aunt Soh Heng. She directed us to the shop next to Quality Hotel. But it was closed on Sundays. We then went Ang Mo Kio Ave 9. But the shop there was closed too. Next was some shop @ Jalan Besar. It was opened. But they were expensive and I din't like the design. Some have shiny metal frames that screamed 'Hospital Patient'. Brought Mummy to Mustafa Centre. Mummy said that the wheel chairs there are a little filmsy. But they looked nice. We then went home. Mummy recounted how on the last visit to Mustafa, some fucker (my way of calling him. Mummy is more cultured) snatched her parking lot.
[Afternoon]
Called Ling when I got back. Kit called and asked me to be his guarantor this Saturday. Wilson messaged. They are interested in getting something from V-Hive too. We will be meeting @ the Funan Centre branch on Saturday. I lazed around in bed until dinner time.
[Dinner]
Mei won't be joining us for dinner today. Granny, Mummy, Resty & I went Bt Batok for dinner. It's been a while since I went to that block near Block 277 for food. The whole place has been renovated. It looks so bright now. I had MVR. So did Granny & Resty. Mummy went for the noodles. The lady that used to sell the Laksa that I like was still there. This time round, she's selling all sorts of noodles but Laksa. On the way home, I dropped Mummy @ the Upper Bukit Timah Castilia Building. I then fetched Granny & Resty home before coming back for her. Mummy didn't find anything interesting there too. We went through the car park sale. But most of the furniture looked run-down. I dropped Mummy home before making my way to Ling's place.
[Ling's new 6111]
Ling's Mum joined us too. We went to the M1 Branch @ West Mall. I would have wanted to go the one @ Raffles Place. But it's closed on Sundays. Parked @ the HDB Multi-Story Carpark to make use of the free parking. The M1 branch here was very crowded. They were serving 3139 @ 8 pm when we got the queue number 3165. We had to queue to get the queue number in the first place. We didn't get our turn until 9:35 pm. Ling said that it's slower than a polyclinic. Ling to the Black Nokia 6111. Listed price was $268. The $65 deduciton made it $203. The M1 staff introduced the Nokia 6111 protection cover and fixed it on for us. It cost $9. I think it's their way of psycho-ing us to buy. But it's useful and it looks nice. On top of that, we had a free prepaid M-Card with $8 inside.
[Ling's Wan Ton Soup]
Fetched them home. Got rewarded with 4 pieces of Wan Ton and some soup. They were wrapped by Ling this afternoon. It tasted nice. Surprisingly, I didn't taste the prawn @ all. While having the Wan Ton, I saw from the news that Bryan won the Ming2 Xing1 Ou3 Xiang4.
[Kiat's Mac + LTA Fine]
Went straight to Kiat's place to pass him the LTA fine. But ended up troubleshooting his iMac again. His Mac seemed to hang whenever Limewire is run. He will try using the traditional Mac version of Limewire tomorrow rather than the OS-X version. It may be buggy. I used internet-banking to pay the $9 LTA fine and got back the money from Kiat. Saves the trouble for everyone.
[Civic Badge]
The Civic Badge @ the back of the car dropped out @ home before we left for dinner. Mummy fixed it back. But when I came back from Kiat's place, the badge was gone. In it's place was the double-sided sticker. I think it looked okay. The double-sided stickers still spelt 'Civic'.
[Mei finally learnt cycling]
Mei said that she learnt how to ride a bicycle today and pestered me to buy a bike. I think I'll wait until after the wedding to see how much $$$ do I have left.
[Jogging w Kiat]
Went for a jog with Kiat. We ran 2 rounds. Kiat is really much fitter than me. He could have gone way ahead of me if not for his stitch at the halfway point of the 2nd round. He was doing jumping, heading and jogging backwards while keeping ahead of me. He showed me Tang Liang Hong's former house @ 75 Hua Guan Avenue. Now I think somebody else has bought over the place. After the jog, it felt refreshing. Kiat offered to lend me his tripod. He said it's a mini-tripod. But it could reach up to my shoulder. To me that's a huge tripod. He said those huge tripods can end up being taller than me.
Woke up @ 9:30 am. Mummy went to church early w Mei. Granny didn't go church. Had Spaghetti w Bolognaise sauce for breakfast. The sauce had lots of tomato taste in it. Aunt Ah Kum called. She talked to Granny for a while. Then I think either Ku Ku or Man Ku called. Don't know who that was exactly.
[Church]
Followed Uncle Teck Seng to church. Today's sermon was given by an Ang Moh. He brought his wife along. Used to perform missionary work in Siberia, Chukotka & China. I thought I was the only one in Sg who knew where Chukotka was. Summary of the Sermon was that wives should respect their husbands unconditionally. Husbands should love their wives unconditionally. He quoted passages from the Bible. He raised the question of why didn't the bible ever mention that the wives should love their husbands and husbands should respect the wives. I didn't realise it until today. There was actually a survey done on men & women. When men were told to choose between being left unloved & alone or being disrespected. Men would prefer to be respected than to be loved. Women on the other hand preferred to be loved than to be respected.
[Wheelchair for Granny]
After church, we dropped Mei & Orchard MRT. She is meeting a friend there. They will be going to some place near Raffles Town Club. Mummy & I went Quality Hotel to survey the bufet. The porridge buffet is only available @ night. We stopped by some coffee shop. Had MVR for lunch. We didn't know where the wheel chair shop was. So we called Aunt Soh Heng. She directed us to the shop next to Quality Hotel. But it was closed on Sundays. We then went Ang Mo Kio Ave 9. But the shop there was closed too. Next was some shop @ Jalan Besar. It was opened. But they were expensive and I din't like the design. Some have shiny metal frames that screamed 'Hospital Patient'. Brought Mummy to Mustafa Centre. Mummy said that the wheel chairs there are a little filmsy. But they looked nice. We then went home. Mummy recounted how on the last visit to Mustafa, some fucker (my way of calling him. Mummy is more cultured) snatched her parking lot.
[Afternoon]
Called Ling when I got back. Kit called and asked me to be his guarantor this Saturday. Wilson messaged. They are interested in getting something from V-Hive too. We will be meeting @ the Funan Centre branch on Saturday. I lazed around in bed until dinner time.
[Dinner]
Mei won't be joining us for dinner today. Granny, Mummy, Resty & I went Bt Batok for dinner. It's been a while since I went to that block near Block 277 for food. The whole place has been renovated. It looks so bright now. I had MVR. So did Granny & Resty. Mummy went for the noodles. The lady that used to sell the Laksa that I like was still there. This time round, she's selling all sorts of noodles but Laksa. On the way home, I dropped Mummy @ the Upper Bukit Timah Castilia Building. I then fetched Granny & Resty home before coming back for her. Mummy didn't find anything interesting there too. We went through the car park sale. But most of the furniture looked run-down. I dropped Mummy home before making my way to Ling's place.
[Ling's new 6111]
Ling's Mum joined us too. We went to the M1 Branch @ West Mall. I would have wanted to go the one @ Raffles Place. But it's closed on Sundays. Parked @ the HDB Multi-Story Carpark to make use of the free parking. The M1 branch here was very crowded. They were serving 3139 @ 8 pm when we got the queue number 3165. We had to queue to get the queue number in the first place. We didn't get our turn until 9:35 pm. Ling said that it's slower than a polyclinic. Ling to the Black Nokia 6111. Listed price was $268. The $65 deduciton made it $203. The M1 staff introduced the Nokia 6111 protection cover and fixed it on for us. It cost $9. I think it's their way of psycho-ing us to buy. But it's useful and it looks nice. On top of that, we had a free prepaid M-Card with $8 inside.
[Ling's Wan Ton Soup]
Fetched them home. Got rewarded with 4 pieces of Wan Ton and some soup. They were wrapped by Ling this afternoon. It tasted nice. Surprisingly, I didn't taste the prawn @ all. While having the Wan Ton, I saw from the news that Bryan won the Ming2 Xing1 Ou3 Xiang4.
[Kiat's Mac + LTA Fine]
Went straight to Kiat's place to pass him the LTA fine. But ended up troubleshooting his iMac again. His Mac seemed to hang whenever Limewire is run. He will try using the traditional Mac version of Limewire tomorrow rather than the OS-X version. It may be buggy. I used internet-banking to pay the $9 LTA fine and got back the money from Kiat. Saves the trouble for everyone.
[Civic Badge]
The Civic Badge @ the back of the car dropped out @ home before we left for dinner. Mummy fixed it back. But when I came back from Kiat's place, the badge was gone. In it's place was the double-sided sticker. I think it looked okay. The double-sided stickers still spelt 'Civic'.
[Mei finally learnt cycling]
Mei said that she learnt how to ride a bicycle today and pestered me to buy a bike. I think I'll wait until after the wedding to see how much $$$ do I have left.
[Jogging w Kiat]
Went for a jog with Kiat. We ran 2 rounds. Kiat is really much fitter than me. He could have gone way ahead of me if not for his stitch at the halfway point of the 2nd round. He was doing jumping, heading and jogging backwards while keeping ahead of me. He showed me Tang Liang Hong's former house @ 75 Hua Guan Avenue. Now I think somebody else has bought over the place. After the jog, it felt refreshing. Kiat offered to lend me his tripod. He said it's a mini-tripod. But it could reach up to my shoulder. To me that's a huge tripod. He said those huge tripods can end up being taller than me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home