20060326 - Sun
[Morning]
Woke up @ 8:45 am. Mummy fetched Granny, Resty & Mei to church again. I finished the Bee Hoon on the table. Then went to give Ling a morning call before going to bathe. Took 74 to Adam Road to get onto Ling's 93. Ling brought Luncheon Meat & Bread along. That was her breakfast. We ate on Bus 93 on the way there.
[Church]
Rev Jeff Weber was the speaker in church today. He talked about how the words from our mouths will actually shape our future. There was church lunch after church today. As usual, Neo Garden was the caterer. I really love their Fried Rice & Curry. Had 2 plates of Fried Rice with lots of Curry. I topped it up with another bowl of curry. Ling didn't take the rice. She took the Curry Chicken.
[Taxi Driver]
Dropped Mummy @ Bukit Timah Plaza after church so that she could do up her hair. She dropped a cheque into the make-shift DBS Cheque Deposit Box located @ the make-shift DBS Branch. I then dropped Mei @ Bukit Gombak Stadium. On the way there, Mei complained about a Taxi Driver who don't even know the way to Dover. There was a private track & field competition today. Mei will be there to support her school. I drove up the slope to the track entrance and felt like driving straight onto the track as it was wide open. If that happens I'll then drop Mei like a VIP. Just like those kind you see in NDP.
[Lousy Ikea]
Ling & I then went down to 8 Jalan Kilang Timor to look @ the office furniture. The whole place is a ghost town. We went into some dusty warehouse and were greeted by those creepy Balinese style Teak Wood furniture. We lasted less than 2 minutes there. Next stop was Ikea. Managed to find a lot @ ABC market and walked to Ikea through the rear gate. Lots of families. Lots of people. Lots of little bastards running around. Lots of below-par furniture. Anchorpoint yielded the same story. Most of the shops are owned by Novena Group. Lots of bedding & living room furniture. But not much choices in terms of study tables.
[New Study Desk]
Final stop was V-Hive @ Great World City. We saw the table that we liked. It's actually from China. Bought it for $229. Paid $129 deposit. Asked them to deliver on 20 May 2006.
[Fetching Mummy]
We fetched Mummy from Bukit Timah Plaza. We saw a security guard outside the make-shift DBS Branch. Probably guarding out cheque. Had to go home by 5 pm as 五妗's brother would be here to show us some curtain sample.
[Curtains]
Uncle Steven Chia (五妗's brother) came by with the samples. 五妗 & him had the same eyes. He then proceeded to make some measurements and showed us some samples. Ling helped to choose too. Granny also had her fair share of viewpoints. We ultimately settled for two designs. One set for the upper floor and one set for the lower floor. I saw USC's name card and realised that he does Upholstery too. Mummy & I then showed him our Sofa. The cloth under the cushions required some repair. He said that he had contacts for those and advised us to repair the entire set @ one go.
[Granny & her wheel chair]
Granny went to bathe @ 6 pm today. That's unusually late. After her bath, Mei came back. Ling, Mei & I then pushed Granny in her wheelchair for a walk around Hua Guan Estate while Resty went to buy dinner. Dr Khong and his Dad also went for a walk. Took a picture of them both. We went up to those old houses @ the Hua Guan slope. Granny saw lots of dogs and asked Ling to turn back. Ling did most of the pushing. There was a very good feeling throughout the walk. Granny was happy and chatting with Ling. Mei & I were also chatting. Mei told me about the underaged party 2 Thursdays ago where her 2 friends were drunk after the 3 of them miraculously finished half of my '42 Below'. Her friend were drunk by the time they reached Zouk. Both are actually Chinese and from St Nicks. I thought they were Malay! Maybe the make-up made them look Malay.
[Dinner]
Resty came back quite late. Lots of people @ the coffee shop. Shared a packet of Fried Rice with Ling. Gave her all the prawns. Granny, Mummy & Resty shared a packet of Hor Fun. Granny seem to eat less now. Probably it's because she switched back to drinking 田七酒 instead of 首乌汁.
[True Love]
Ling's bites last night has sub-sided. But it became a slightly-swollen red patch with an area the size of 9 50-cent coins. I applied Nixoderm for her. Hope that it will improve by tomorrow. We talked about our wedding plan. I might want to do away with the Yam Seng. Replace it instead with 3 toasts. First toast would be for the guests. Second toast would be for Granny & Mummy. The final toast would be for Daddy. I think a lot of people will cry including me. Even I felt tears in my eyes when I discussed it with Ling. I'm also toying with the idea of writing the love story of Ling & me. I won't want to call that 'love story' because most people relate love with romance. True Love is not Romance. Romance is a beautiful packaging of everything that is not true love. I would probably use a Ferrari as a metaphor for Romance. Beautiful to look at. Fast. High maintenance. One mistake @ 280kmh and it gets flatten. Together with its occupants. True Love is more of a Toyota Hylux. You can knock it around. You can thrash it. You can leave it out in the sea. You can even put it inside a building and blow it up. But after all the trials and tribulations, it still runs. That's true love. This is how I would describe my love life as well as Mummy's love life. We give no flowers, whisper no sweet nothings and write no poems. But the engine runs 24-7. Rain or shine.
[Scums]
Maybe it's this is the reason why I'm cynical towards people who are too friendly to me. Lovey-dovey romantics. SNAGs. Go play with yourself and read your 'Sweet Valley Twins'. I'll go through the knocks of life with like-minded people & build up our engines.
[Jogging]
Went jogging with Kiat @ around 9:30 pm. His Shins started acting up when we reached the slope. But he carried on and we finished 1.5 rounds. The first round became a half round when we cut back to the slope immediately after Sian Tuan Avenue. Saw Ardilies' Mum outside her place. She also know about my wedding. She asked about my family whether they are okay. I thanked her and told her that my family is doing well. According to her, Ardiles is very fat now and he should exercise like us.
[Wrapping up]
Showed Kiat the samples by Uncle Teck Seng after my run. Fetched Ling home.
Woke up @ 8:45 am. Mummy fetched Granny, Resty & Mei to church again. I finished the Bee Hoon on the table. Then went to give Ling a morning call before going to bathe. Took 74 to Adam Road to get onto Ling's 93. Ling brought Luncheon Meat & Bread along. That was her breakfast. We ate on Bus 93 on the way there.
[Church]
Rev Jeff Weber was the speaker in church today. He talked about how the words from our mouths will actually shape our future. There was church lunch after church today. As usual, Neo Garden was the caterer. I really love their Fried Rice & Curry. Had 2 plates of Fried Rice with lots of Curry. I topped it up with another bowl of curry. Ling didn't take the rice. She took the Curry Chicken.
[Taxi Driver]
Dropped Mummy @ Bukit Timah Plaza after church so that she could do up her hair. She dropped a cheque into the make-shift DBS Cheque Deposit Box located @ the make-shift DBS Branch. I then dropped Mei @ Bukit Gombak Stadium. On the way there, Mei complained about a Taxi Driver who don't even know the way to Dover. There was a private track & field competition today. Mei will be there to support her school. I drove up the slope to the track entrance and felt like driving straight onto the track as it was wide open. If that happens I'll then drop Mei like a VIP. Just like those kind you see in NDP.
[Lousy Ikea]
Ling & I then went down to 8 Jalan Kilang Timor to look @ the office furniture. The whole place is a ghost town. We went into some dusty warehouse and were greeted by those creepy Balinese style Teak Wood furniture. We lasted less than 2 minutes there. Next stop was Ikea. Managed to find a lot @ ABC market and walked to Ikea through the rear gate. Lots of families. Lots of people. Lots of little bastards running around. Lots of below-par furniture. Anchorpoint yielded the same story. Most of the shops are owned by Novena Group. Lots of bedding & living room furniture. But not much choices in terms of study tables.
[New Study Desk]
Final stop was V-Hive @ Great World City. We saw the table that we liked. It's actually from China. Bought it for $229. Paid $129 deposit. Asked them to deliver on 20 May 2006.
[Fetching Mummy]
We fetched Mummy from Bukit Timah Plaza. We saw a security guard outside the make-shift DBS Branch. Probably guarding out cheque. Had to go home by 5 pm as 五妗's brother would be here to show us some curtain sample.
[Curtains]
Uncle Steven Chia (五妗's brother) came by with the samples. 五妗 & him had the same eyes. He then proceeded to make some measurements and showed us some samples. Ling helped to choose too. Granny also had her fair share of viewpoints. We ultimately settled for two designs. One set for the upper floor and one set for the lower floor. I saw USC's name card and realised that he does Upholstery too. Mummy & I then showed him our Sofa. The cloth under the cushions required some repair. He said that he had contacts for those and advised us to repair the entire set @ one go.
[Granny & her wheel chair]
Granny went to bathe @ 6 pm today. That's unusually late. After her bath, Mei came back. Ling, Mei & I then pushed Granny in her wheelchair for a walk around Hua Guan Estate while Resty went to buy dinner. Dr Khong and his Dad also went for a walk. Took a picture of them both. We went up to those old houses @ the Hua Guan slope. Granny saw lots of dogs and asked Ling to turn back. Ling did most of the pushing. There was a very good feeling throughout the walk. Granny was happy and chatting with Ling. Mei & I were also chatting. Mei told me about the underaged party 2 Thursdays ago where her 2 friends were drunk after the 3 of them miraculously finished half of my '42 Below'. Her friend were drunk by the time they reached Zouk. Both are actually Chinese and from St Nicks. I thought they were Malay! Maybe the make-up made them look Malay.
[Dinner]
Resty came back quite late. Lots of people @ the coffee shop. Shared a packet of Fried Rice with Ling. Gave her all the prawns. Granny, Mummy & Resty shared a packet of Hor Fun. Granny seem to eat less now. Probably it's because she switched back to drinking 田七酒 instead of 首乌汁.
[True Love]
Ling's bites last night has sub-sided. But it became a slightly-swollen red patch with an area the size of 9 50-cent coins. I applied Nixoderm for her. Hope that it will improve by tomorrow. We talked about our wedding plan. I might want to do away with the Yam Seng. Replace it instead with 3 toasts. First toast would be for the guests. Second toast would be for Granny & Mummy. The final toast would be for Daddy. I think a lot of people will cry including me. Even I felt tears in my eyes when I discussed it with Ling. I'm also toying with the idea of writing the love story of Ling & me. I won't want to call that 'love story' because most people relate love with romance. True Love is not Romance. Romance is a beautiful packaging of everything that is not true love. I would probably use a Ferrari as a metaphor for Romance. Beautiful to look at. Fast. High maintenance. One mistake @ 280kmh and it gets flatten. Together with its occupants. True Love is more of a Toyota Hylux. You can knock it around. You can thrash it. You can leave it out in the sea. You can even put it inside a building and blow it up. But after all the trials and tribulations, it still runs. That's true love. This is how I would describe my love life as well as Mummy's love life. We give no flowers, whisper no sweet nothings and write no poems. But the engine runs 24-7. Rain or shine.
[Scums]
Maybe it's this is the reason why I'm cynical towards people who are too friendly to me. Lovey-dovey romantics. SNAGs. Go play with yourself and read your 'Sweet Valley Twins'. I'll go through the knocks of life with like-minded people & build up our engines.
[Jogging]
Went jogging with Kiat @ around 9:30 pm. His Shins started acting up when we reached the slope. But he carried on and we finished 1.5 rounds. The first round became a half round when we cut back to the slope immediately after Sian Tuan Avenue. Saw Ardilies' Mum outside her place. She also know about my wedding. She asked about my family whether they are okay. I thanked her and told her that my family is doing well. According to her, Ardiles is very fat now and he should exercise like us.
[Wrapping up]
Showed Kiat the samples by Uncle Teck Seng after my run. Fetched Ling home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home