20060318 - Sat
[Morning]
Woke up @ 7:45 am. Gave Uncle Teck Seng a call to tell him that I will not be following him to Welon. Will be driving down instead. Mummy came back from market and I had You Tiao with Porridge. We went to DBS first to enquire about the purchase of a Cashier's Order. It costs $5 each.
[Rich People]
We then went Yarwood Avenue to pick up Mummy's colleague. Her colleague was telling us that the husband (MD of JP Morgan) bought a Volvo for his wife as a Christmas present. He then bought a Porsche for himself. They were driving 2 BMWs previously. Though they were rich, they can argue with a Pest Control Company in paying $50 extra for the removal of a bee hive.
[Welon]
Dropped Mummy @ one of the houses opposite Great World City before making my way to Welon Printing. Was looking for '5000 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5' but saw a patch of grass. I thought they were demolished. Called Uncle Teck Seng and realised that they are the futuristic looking buildings further down the road. Incidentally, the grass patch used to be '5071 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5', the old place of Welon Printing. Uncle Teck Seng showed me the various kinds of papers they have for printing my invitation cards. He advised me to print it on 'Art Cards' as printing on 'Fancy Cards' will not bring the best out of Stephen's wonderful design. 'Fancy Cards' are known as cards that are not kept in stock by Welon. I've decided on the 260-gram Art Cards. Brought 2 home. I also saw Uncle Teck Hui & Uncle Teck Ping over there. I think it's only my 2nd visit to Welon. Uncle Teck Ping asked for Ronnie's number. But I didn't have it on my handphone.
[Lunch]
Drove home after Welon. Massaged Granny's leg again. Her ligaments in her right knee are acting up again. Decided to tar pau food from Alexandra Village for her. Picked Ling up on the way to Alexandra Village. Gave Claypot Laksa a miss. Bought Vegetarain Bee Hoon for Granny & me. Ling just had a Laksa @ home. So she didn't buy any. Walked over to the Shui Jing Pau stall to get 3 of it for Granny. Granny liked the Vegetarian Bee Hoon. But she finished the Shui Jing Pau. So she couldn't finish the Bee Hoon. Ling & I helped her with it.
[Measurements]
Halfway through the lazing around, we decided to make some measurements of my room. It's 277 cm wide by 410 cm long. The air-con is 219 cm from the ground. My grey table is 107 cm by 73 cm. The light switch is 160 cm from the wall. So we'll need our wardrobe to fit into that dimension. Ling began drawing out the plan on a piece of paper.
[Hardworking Dharmesh]
We stopped by @ Great Eastern on the way so that I could place Alex's badminton racquet at my desk. Dharmesh was there working on the eTravel project. He said that he spent almost a day on the javascript error and he wanted to make up for some lost time. I think everyone should be aware of the effort that he's putting in.
[New Wardrobe]
We went through the whole of The Furniture Mall. Only 1 wardrobe (from Novena) met our requirements. It came in white. It's within 160 cm in length. It had a mirror inside. It had padding to prevent noises when we open or close the wardrobe. It has sliding doors. At first it was $733 nett. I asked for a better price. The sales staff went to consult his boss and came back with good news. They are willing to absorb GST and charge me $699 nett.
[More food]
We then went Zion Road Hawker Centre for some food. I ordered Curry Rice ($3) from the e-Meal stall. I saw a similar e-Meal stall @ the Marine Parade Hawker Centre. The curry was damn good. Much better than most of the MVR stalls in Singapore. Ling had a bowl of Wan Ton Noodles ($3).
[Looking for Table]
We picked Mummy & her Yarwood colleague up from the houses opposite Great World City shortly after. Asked Mummy to drop us @ the Courts branch in Upper Bukit Timah so that we can look for our study desk. First stop was Courts. I went to the laptop section first. I know what's my requirements for a laptop now. The distance from the 'Y' key to the 'Enter' key must be less than or equal to the distance between my index finger tip and my little finger tip. The only laptop that met this requirement was a Samsung laptop. But it didn't have CD-Rom and nipple as a mouse. We went upstairs to look for a desk. Only 1 desk found. Our next stop was the Castilia building next to Mobil. The whole place used to be a condominium I think. Car Park is @ the first floor. Whole building only had 1 study desk for sale. Modern Living & Natural Living were quite dark. After a while, you'll notice that the darker the furniture shop, the more expensive the furniture are. We then left empty-handed & took 171 home. On the way I asked Wilson & Kit through SMS where did they get their study tables from. Wilson replied that he bought from V-Hive and there's a branch @ Funan Centre.
[Kiat's new PC]
Went Kiat's house after a bath. He was trying to get his new i-Mac onto the internet. He had a friend (Benjamin) with him. He's friend is supposed to help him with some software installation. I must say that the iMac looks great. The transparent keyboard makes it look sophisticated. Kiat couldn't get onto the internet because he had forgotten to key in the decryption key. His wireless network has recently been configured with some encryption alrogithm. After fixing his internet woes, I emailed him those production photos. Hopefully Kiat will finish the editing soon. Kiat & Ben went town while Ling & I went back home.
[Wedding plans]
Ling's not keen on me importing Val over to be Jie Mei. She said that her place is too small. In fact, she only wanted Jian Hui & Yen Peng. But I think those 2 cannot make it. I insisted on Juan, Phoebe & Suhyi being there. I divided my 'Brothers' into different roles. My neighbours will be the video team. My colleagues will be the photo team. Spice Boyz will be the Xiong Di team. NUS friends will be in the backup team. They are responsible for looking after the cars while they are parked along Tanglin Halt Road. I'll let them be the main controllers. I will even have Jo driving some baby car if Ah Mun & Bi Shan wanted to come along. From how things are going, Jo may well end up as MC. I tried my best to get rid of the table to table photographs. But Ling is supposed to stay in the bridal room during the cock-tail. That means photos can only be taken after the 1st walk-in. What a disappointment. I'll still allocate time for me to mingle around the tables. I don't intend to touch my food. Ling & I discussed until 12:30 am before I sent her back.
[Ling's voucher]
Ling got a $65 phone voucher from M1 for being a loyal customer. We'll go buy her Nokia 6111 tomorrow as the voucher expires on 24 Mar 2006.
Woke up @ 7:45 am. Gave Uncle Teck Seng a call to tell him that I will not be following him to Welon. Will be driving down instead. Mummy came back from market and I had You Tiao with Porridge. We went to DBS first to enquire about the purchase of a Cashier's Order. It costs $5 each.
[Rich People]
We then went Yarwood Avenue to pick up Mummy's colleague. Her colleague was telling us that the husband (MD of JP Morgan) bought a Volvo for his wife as a Christmas present. He then bought a Porsche for himself. They were driving 2 BMWs previously. Though they were rich, they can argue with a Pest Control Company in paying $50 extra for the removal of a bee hive.
[Welon]
Dropped Mummy @ one of the houses opposite Great World City before making my way to Welon Printing. Was looking for '5000 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5' but saw a patch of grass. I thought they were demolished. Called Uncle Teck Seng and realised that they are the futuristic looking buildings further down the road. Incidentally, the grass patch used to be '5071 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5', the old place of Welon Printing. Uncle Teck Seng showed me the various kinds of papers they have for printing my invitation cards. He advised me to print it on 'Art Cards' as printing on 'Fancy Cards' will not bring the best out of Stephen's wonderful design. 'Fancy Cards' are known as cards that are not kept in stock by Welon. I've decided on the 260-gram Art Cards. Brought 2 home. I also saw Uncle Teck Hui & Uncle Teck Ping over there. I think it's only my 2nd visit to Welon. Uncle Teck Ping asked for Ronnie's number. But I didn't have it on my handphone.
[Lunch]
Drove home after Welon. Massaged Granny's leg again. Her ligaments in her right knee are acting up again. Decided to tar pau food from Alexandra Village for her. Picked Ling up on the way to Alexandra Village. Gave Claypot Laksa a miss. Bought Vegetarain Bee Hoon for Granny & me. Ling just had a Laksa @ home. So she didn't buy any. Walked over to the Shui Jing Pau stall to get 3 of it for Granny. Granny liked the Vegetarian Bee Hoon. But she finished the Shui Jing Pau. So she couldn't finish the Bee Hoon. Ling & I helped her with it.
[Measurements]
Halfway through the lazing around, we decided to make some measurements of my room. It's 277 cm wide by 410 cm long. The air-con is 219 cm from the ground. My grey table is 107 cm by 73 cm. The light switch is 160 cm from the wall. So we'll need our wardrobe to fit into that dimension. Ling began drawing out the plan on a piece of paper.
[Hardworking Dharmesh]
We stopped by @ Great Eastern on the way so that I could place Alex's badminton racquet at my desk. Dharmesh was there working on the eTravel project. He said that he spent almost a day on the javascript error and he wanted to make up for some lost time. I think everyone should be aware of the effort that he's putting in.
[New Wardrobe]
We went through the whole of The Furniture Mall. Only 1 wardrobe (from Novena) met our requirements. It came in white. It's within 160 cm in length. It had a mirror inside. It had padding to prevent noises when we open or close the wardrobe. It has sliding doors. At first it was $733 nett. I asked for a better price. The sales staff went to consult his boss and came back with good news. They are willing to absorb GST and charge me $699 nett.
[More food]
We then went Zion Road Hawker Centre for some food. I ordered Curry Rice ($3) from the e-Meal stall. I saw a similar e-Meal stall @ the Marine Parade Hawker Centre. The curry was damn good. Much better than most of the MVR stalls in Singapore. Ling had a bowl of Wan Ton Noodles ($3).
[Looking for Table]
We picked Mummy & her Yarwood colleague up from the houses opposite Great World City shortly after. Asked Mummy to drop us @ the Courts branch in Upper Bukit Timah so that we can look for our study desk. First stop was Courts. I went to the laptop section first. I know what's my requirements for a laptop now. The distance from the 'Y' key to the 'Enter' key must be less than or equal to the distance between my index finger tip and my little finger tip. The only laptop that met this requirement was a Samsung laptop. But it didn't have CD-Rom and nipple as a mouse. We went upstairs to look for a desk. Only 1 desk found. Our next stop was the Castilia building next to Mobil. The whole place used to be a condominium I think. Car Park is @ the first floor. Whole building only had 1 study desk for sale. Modern Living & Natural Living were quite dark. After a while, you'll notice that the darker the furniture shop, the more expensive the furniture are. We then left empty-handed & took 171 home. On the way I asked Wilson & Kit through SMS where did they get their study tables from. Wilson replied that he bought from V-Hive and there's a branch @ Funan Centre.
[Kiat's new PC]
Went Kiat's house after a bath. He was trying to get his new i-Mac onto the internet. He had a friend (Benjamin) with him. He's friend is supposed to help him with some software installation. I must say that the iMac looks great. The transparent keyboard makes it look sophisticated. Kiat couldn't get onto the internet because he had forgotten to key in the decryption key. His wireless network has recently been configured with some encryption alrogithm. After fixing his internet woes, I emailed him those production photos. Hopefully Kiat will finish the editing soon. Kiat & Ben went town while Ling & I went back home.
[Wedding plans]
Ling's not keen on me importing Val over to be Jie Mei. She said that her place is too small. In fact, she only wanted Jian Hui & Yen Peng. But I think those 2 cannot make it. I insisted on Juan, Phoebe & Suhyi being there. I divided my 'Brothers' into different roles. My neighbours will be the video team. My colleagues will be the photo team. Spice Boyz will be the Xiong Di team. NUS friends will be in the backup team. They are responsible for looking after the cars while they are parked along Tanglin Halt Road. I'll let them be the main controllers. I will even have Jo driving some baby car if Ah Mun & Bi Shan wanted to come along. From how things are going, Jo may well end up as MC. I tried my best to get rid of the table to table photographs. But Ling is supposed to stay in the bridal room during the cock-tail. That means photos can only be taken after the 1st walk-in. What a disappointment. I'll still allocate time for me to mingle around the tables. I don't intend to touch my food. Ling & I discussed until 12:30 am before I sent her back.
[Ling's voucher]
Ling got a $65 phone voucher from M1 for being a loyal customer. We'll go buy her Nokia 6111 tomorrow as the voucher expires on 24 Mar 2006.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home