Wednesday, September 14, 2005

[2005 09 14] - [Wed]

[0730] - New Phone
Changed the phone downstairs with the new phone. The ringing is very loud. Which is very good. However, the upstairs old phone also suddenly worked. So I threw away the extra phone that was very soft. Something like getting rid of the worst performers. Had Maggi Curry for breakfast. But this time, I did not drink the soup at all.
[0915] - Felix @ Fitness First
Went FF for a swim as the abrasion is still painful. I’m not in a hurry to aggravate it. Swam 16 laps of Breast Stroke as doing freestyle will aggravate the abrasion. Felix was at the ‘STEP’ machine.
[1100] - IT Corp Meeting
It’s Eng Lee’s first meeting as PD of IT Corp. He shared the Staff Survey results. I was multi-tasking at the same time. Arranging with CCK Marble about Tien Yen’s plaque. Her photo isn’t ready yet. So we’ll have to wait another week or so.
There are actually plans to implement the internal firewall. Actually, access to StaffNet from VPN is officially not allowed. Luckily Choon Hong pointed it out.
Sent out the Greatlink test broadcast. Last month’s broadcast got sent out accidentally because the status was still ‘1’. Shit man. Luckily I stopped it within 20-30 seconds. But by then, Khong Bee has already received it. So I told Yen Hong, since it’s my screw up.
[1230] - June
June came over to talk to Daxin and me after the meeting. Her 7-yr-old son is under badminton coaching. Didn’t know that you must raise the OTHER hand when you play badminton.
Had to ask Xinhui to ask Andy to get Bee Hoon Kosong for me as Yen Hong mixed up the templates when she did the cut and paste. Also, I had to change my script to handle the apostrophes.
[1345] - Lunch
Andy treated me Bee Hoon Kosong as he wasn’t sure what to buy. I brought my chilli and Kong Bao sauce along. After lunch, the chilli is already three-quarters consumed.
We were talking about Energy Consumption. I don’t think the Oil Price will go up to US$100 a barrel. Anything which is too high will make alternative forms of energy cheaper. Opec won’t be so stupid.
Daxin told me that those towns north of Yangtze River will have heater installed for the winter while those towns south of Yangtze River will not. Cai Wei’s university was 100 metres south of the river. No wonder he was complaining about the winters. There was no heater in his room.
[1400] - Champions’ League
Went through the Champions’ League previews. My gut feels are Thun and Udinese coz Arsenal is without Patrick Viera and Thierry Henry. Thun is underestimated. Their town population is only 41,000. But most of the footballers are not from there anyway. Udinese is now riding high in Serie A with a new coach. They even beat AS Roma away and they are in high spirits. On the other hand, Panathinaikos are in shambles. Their domestic league form is bad and I don’t see getting even a draw.
[1800] - Afternoon
Arranged to meet Yiwei at one of those South Buona Vista Pubs on Friday. I’ve not caught up with him for a long time.
Went Yen Hong’s desk to settle the Greatlink Emails. I told her to change her font to Lucida Console in the templates so that she’ll know the actual alignment. Went to apologise to Khong Bee about this morning’s incident. Tang Seng found out why the status last month didn’t convert to ‘1’. Turns out that the ‘CLOB’ column on BROADCAST_MESSAGE is limited to ‘4030’ characters. This is funny. CLOB is supposed to be able to take an unlimited amount of characters. I then checked my ‘Recruitment Website’ codes. I’m actually calling ‘SetBlob()’ when inserting Blobs into the database. If we use the conventional way to insert strings to CLOB, it will be limited to 4000 characters. I think Oracle receives it as a String before converting it to CLOB.
Xinhui has been arrowed to be one of the 5 Singaporean contestants for the IT Night. Her partners are Soon Bin, Wanting, Desmond/Dennis & Koh Wee.
[1915] - Going home
Took 174 home. Listened to the mp3s on my XDA. Yiwei called. He’s suddenly free today. But I need to go home to wait for Amy’s call.
[0010] - Home
Had Bean Sprouts, Minced Meat with Szechuan Vegetables for dinner. They tasted exceptionally nice today. Resti actually took back the White Phone from the dustbin. She thought I had thrown the phone away by mistake. Mummy asked me to test the phones again.
Helped Mei with some angles and geometric progression questions. They seem quite tough. A lot of intuitive work is involved.
Mei tried to copy movies out of our desktop to watch. But our lousy desktop doesn’t even have a CD burner and we don’t have the all-powerful 1 GB thumbdrive or a cross cable to do the job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home