[2005 09 13] - [Tue]
[0940] - Fitness First OUB Centre
Woke up at 6:45 am. Asked Resti to buy Bee Hoon for me. Granny asked me to buy Yu Zhu and Ji Zi at the Chinese Medicine shop. It’s been a long time since I bought them for her.
Took 174 with my coins again. Got a $1.30 ticket again. I finally saw the old man who always boards at the bus stop opposite Tan Chong Motors. I got myself a seat after the NJC stop. The seat beside mine had the occasion water leakage from the air-con. So I spent the first part of the journey informing passengers who wished to seat beside me of the leakage. I felt like a bus conductor. The bus conductor actually boarded and checked the EZ-Link cards of the passengers. She didn’t even look at my ticket.
Fitness First George Street’s water pressure is very low. As there were some problems with their pipes. So I made a detour to the OUB Centre branch. I ran at Speed 13 on the threadmill there. The threadmills there are smaller and there’s a TV Screen for every threadmill. I felt less tired than yesterday. Somehow, the speed 13 feels slower. But I still completed 2.4 km in 11:20. The toilet’s radio was tuned to 90.5 FM. The topic of the way was Fiona Xie’s lost Credit Card and the stupid thief who made 2 expensive purchases within hours and the stupid thief’s gf who didn’t practice her signature. They deserved to be caught.
[1215] - Morning
Accidentally took the FF George Street Locker Activation card back with me. I’ll return them later.
Transferred the file upload script to run on 10.1.52.17. So that I can do the jsr file transfer from home as VPN doesn’t allow access to databases. Once again I had to change the ‘ias10g’ password because it had expired. Had a discussion on SSO migration. A can of worms has been opened. There’s no current way of telling whether a Portal Friend is a PolicyHolder when he registers for eConnect. There’s also no way for us to tell when a password is printed. Therefore we can’t enforce the 5-day reset password rule. Larry will be taking over the migration as PM within these 2 days. So I expect some turbulences.
I’ve already got KT’s permission to go off at 5 pm. So should I go Double O straight? Does Hong Lim sell Fixed Line phones? Will my the sambal belachan chilli taste nice? What if I mix it with the Kong Bao Sauce?
Amy from Fitness First Paragon actually called me. Heng Kui went there for a free trial and signed me for one of the free passes. She introduced him as Vincent, my brother-in-law. So I needed 1 or 2 seconds to process the free information. Obviously, he didn’t know that I’m already a Fitness First Member.
Went to read up on the matches tonight. My gut feel is that Arsenal and Newcastle will lose their handicap for the next match no matter who they played. Tonight’s matches are all close. Can go either way. The best bet I have tonight is Lyon against Real Madrid. But even then, it is a very rough gut feel.
[1400] - New Phone
Went Hong Lim to buy Bee Hoon Kosong. Tang Seng took my lunch back while I went to shop for a fixed-line phone. I found one that I like at Watt Communications stall. It’s only $18. Fell in love with the wooden surface and big buttons immediately. Too bad the brand is Wiscom. The brand didn’t give a good account of itself for Ling’s phone and my own cordless phone. Bought Yu Zhu and Ji Zi ($3.60) from the Chinese Medicine shop.
Eng Yeow joined us for lunch. None of the people from 14th floor are around. I tried out the Sambal Chilli sauce (spicy!). Xinhui tried my Kong Bao Sauce as well as the Sambal Chilli sauce. She kinda liked it. There were too many topics spoken during lunch that I lost track of it. There were some discussion on Shaolin Temple wanting to produce their own TV show. Another one was Daxin’s ex-roommate. He grew up in Indonesia and had his tertiary education in Hong Kong. I presume that he knows a lot of languages. The family seem to be doing very well too. He must be quite a thrifty person to share a flat with Daxin.
[1510] - FPMS Meeting
This is one of those dreaded phone conference thingy. Yun Cheng walked in with 2 guys with ‘C’ passes. Another guy with long hair (Choon Hwee) came in. The phone conference is with our colleagues in Malaysia. It’s tough to be in one of these meetings as they (IBM people) even asked StaffNet to be the driver of the entire end-to-end testing from StaffNet to FPMS. I avoided the issue by saying that it is not polite to be making decisions on behalf of Stephen. The Malaysian side said their StaffNet runs on Oracle 10g. But I’m not too sure about that coz when I flew there in March earlier this year, their Staff Portal is running on IIS & ASP. Choon Hwee will set up a meeting between Wan Tow, Stephen & me this Thursday.
[1630] - Afternoon
In the morning Siew Ling emailed me asking which doctor was fierce to me when I visited. I don’t remember telling her that though.
MQ Production server seems to be down. The Add Leads errors kept coming to my email. But the EAI Hub people are all not around. Murphy’s Law. I later traced the 2033 error message to an LMS timeout. Now the buck is passed to Wan Ting.
[2245] - Pool Competition
Left office at 4:30 pm to bathe at Fitness First. The staff at Fitness First didn't express extreme overjoy at the return of the locker activation card. Maybe they are used to such phenomenon. The abrasion from this morning's run is still there. I decided not to wear my underwear to reduce the contact it had with my clothes. I applied lots of prickly heat powder out of instinct. When I got back to office, I went to brush my teeth. Choon Hong just got the PFR that Suren raised regarding eJSR emails. Luckily I was around. I told Xinhui to reply him that the production fault has been ratified 5 minutes after Suren had raised the PFR.
Took bus 54 to Robertson Quay. Went up the stairs to Double O. Thought it would be deserted but no, there were 2 guys training on their own. Looks like the fellow competitors are no pushovers. I found myself a table next to the pool tables. One of them is practising how to clear the rack. Scary. Anson is playing against the other guy. My view was blocked though. I started to realise that my table was shaking. I actually fixed it with 2 coasters! For the moment, I'm keeping myself alcohol free for as long as I can.
Alex arrived at 5:52 pm and we started practising. Yeo arrived at around 6+. Didn't expect to see Zack there. Apparently, somebody from O Bar asked him to take part. According to Zack, some of the ladies around are ranked players in National Competitions. I played some practice rounds with Zack too. There were 33 players. So 2 players had to play an extra round. I lost 2-0 to a Eurasian. He definitely kicked my ass. I lost after he replied my snooker with another safety. Alex beat his 1st round opponent 2-1. But lost to the suay guy from the extra round 2-1. Yeo lost 2-1 to some nerdy looking Uncle who brought 2 cues along. The bag looked like a golf bag to me. Kit arrived around 8 pm. We drank 2 jugs of Carlsberg. Alex was saying that I lost because I practiced too much and got tired.
[0100] - Crystal Jade
Yeo drove the Lexus SUV today. So we went Crystal Jade for Dinner/Supper. I ordered 105, Ma Po Dou Fu and You Tiao. Was feeling very hungry as I’ve not had dinner yet. Yeo & Alex had Wan Ton noodles. We had a jug of Tiger. I regretted ordering that as Tiger is lousy. The lousiness was accentuated by the Carlsberg we drank earlier.
After dinner, Yeo sent Kit back to Silat Road before dropping me and Alex off. I forced myself to bathe before sleeping.
Woke up at 6:45 am. Asked Resti to buy Bee Hoon for me. Granny asked me to buy Yu Zhu and Ji Zi at the Chinese Medicine shop. It’s been a long time since I bought them for her.
Took 174 with my coins again. Got a $1.30 ticket again. I finally saw the old man who always boards at the bus stop opposite Tan Chong Motors. I got myself a seat after the NJC stop. The seat beside mine had the occasion water leakage from the air-con. So I spent the first part of the journey informing passengers who wished to seat beside me of the leakage. I felt like a bus conductor. The bus conductor actually boarded and checked the EZ-Link cards of the passengers. She didn’t even look at my ticket.
Fitness First George Street’s water pressure is very low. As there were some problems with their pipes. So I made a detour to the OUB Centre branch. I ran at Speed 13 on the threadmill there. The threadmills there are smaller and there’s a TV Screen for every threadmill. I felt less tired than yesterday. Somehow, the speed 13 feels slower. But I still completed 2.4 km in 11:20. The toilet’s radio was tuned to 90.5 FM. The topic of the way was Fiona Xie’s lost Credit Card and the stupid thief who made 2 expensive purchases within hours and the stupid thief’s gf who didn’t practice her signature. They deserved to be caught.
[1215] - Morning
Accidentally took the FF George Street Locker Activation card back with me. I’ll return them later.
Transferred the file upload script to run on 10.1.52.17. So that I can do the jsr file transfer from home as VPN doesn’t allow access to databases. Once again I had to change the ‘ias10g’ password because it had expired. Had a discussion on SSO migration. A can of worms has been opened. There’s no current way of telling whether a Portal Friend is a PolicyHolder when he registers for eConnect. There’s also no way for us to tell when a password is printed. Therefore we can’t enforce the 5-day reset password rule. Larry will be taking over the migration as PM within these 2 days. So I expect some turbulences.
I’ve already got KT’s permission to go off at 5 pm. So should I go Double O straight? Does Hong Lim sell Fixed Line phones? Will my the sambal belachan chilli taste nice? What if I mix it with the Kong Bao Sauce?
Amy from Fitness First Paragon actually called me. Heng Kui went there for a free trial and signed me for one of the free passes. She introduced him as Vincent, my brother-in-law. So I needed 1 or 2 seconds to process the free information. Obviously, he didn’t know that I’m already a Fitness First Member.
Went to read up on the matches tonight. My gut feel is that Arsenal and Newcastle will lose their handicap for the next match no matter who they played. Tonight’s matches are all close. Can go either way. The best bet I have tonight is Lyon against Real Madrid. But even then, it is a very rough gut feel.
[1400] - New Phone
Went Hong Lim to buy Bee Hoon Kosong. Tang Seng took my lunch back while I went to shop for a fixed-line phone. I found one that I like at Watt Communications stall. It’s only $18. Fell in love with the wooden surface and big buttons immediately. Too bad the brand is Wiscom. The brand didn’t give a good account of itself for Ling’s phone and my own cordless phone. Bought Yu Zhu and Ji Zi ($3.60) from the Chinese Medicine shop.
Eng Yeow joined us for lunch. None of the people from 14th floor are around. I tried out the Sambal Chilli sauce (spicy!). Xinhui tried my Kong Bao Sauce as well as the Sambal Chilli sauce. She kinda liked it. There were too many topics spoken during lunch that I lost track of it. There were some discussion on Shaolin Temple wanting to produce their own TV show. Another one was Daxin’s ex-roommate. He grew up in Indonesia and had his tertiary education in Hong Kong. I presume that he knows a lot of languages. The family seem to be doing very well too. He must be quite a thrifty person to share a flat with Daxin.
[1510] - FPMS Meeting
This is one of those dreaded phone conference thingy. Yun Cheng walked in with 2 guys with ‘C’ passes. Another guy with long hair (Choon Hwee) came in. The phone conference is with our colleagues in Malaysia. It’s tough to be in one of these meetings as they (IBM people) even asked StaffNet to be the driver of the entire end-to-end testing from StaffNet to FPMS. I avoided the issue by saying that it is not polite to be making decisions on behalf of Stephen. The Malaysian side said their StaffNet runs on Oracle 10g. But I’m not too sure about that coz when I flew there in March earlier this year, their Staff Portal is running on IIS & ASP. Choon Hwee will set up a meeting between Wan Tow, Stephen & me this Thursday.
[1630] - Afternoon
In the morning Siew Ling emailed me asking which doctor was fierce to me when I visited. I don’t remember telling her that though.
MQ Production server seems to be down. The Add Leads errors kept coming to my email. But the EAI Hub people are all not around. Murphy’s Law. I later traced the 2033 error message to an LMS timeout. Now the buck is passed to Wan Ting.
[2245] - Pool Competition
Left office at 4:30 pm to bathe at Fitness First. The staff at Fitness First didn't express extreme overjoy at the return of the locker activation card. Maybe they are used to such phenomenon. The abrasion from this morning's run is still there. I decided not to wear my underwear to reduce the contact it had with my clothes. I applied lots of prickly heat powder out of instinct. When I got back to office, I went to brush my teeth. Choon Hong just got the PFR that Suren raised regarding eJSR emails. Luckily I was around. I told Xinhui to reply him that the production fault has been ratified 5 minutes after Suren had raised the PFR.
Took bus 54 to Robertson Quay. Went up the stairs to Double O. Thought it would be deserted but no, there were 2 guys training on their own. Looks like the fellow competitors are no pushovers. I found myself a table next to the pool tables. One of them is practising how to clear the rack. Scary. Anson is playing against the other guy. My view was blocked though. I started to realise that my table was shaking. I actually fixed it with 2 coasters! For the moment, I'm keeping myself alcohol free for as long as I can.
Alex arrived at 5:52 pm and we started practising. Yeo arrived at around 6+. Didn't expect to see Zack there. Apparently, somebody from O Bar asked him to take part. According to Zack, some of the ladies around are ranked players in National Competitions. I played some practice rounds with Zack too. There were 33 players. So 2 players had to play an extra round. I lost 2-0 to a Eurasian. He definitely kicked my ass. I lost after he replied my snooker with another safety. Alex beat his 1st round opponent 2-1. But lost to the suay guy from the extra round 2-1. Yeo lost 2-1 to some nerdy looking Uncle who brought 2 cues along. The bag looked like a golf bag to me. Kit arrived around 8 pm. We drank 2 jugs of Carlsberg. Alex was saying that I lost because I practiced too much and got tired.
[0100] - Crystal Jade
Yeo drove the Lexus SUV today. So we went Crystal Jade for Dinner/Supper. I ordered 105, Ma Po Dou Fu and You Tiao. Was feeling very hungry as I’ve not had dinner yet. Yeo & Alex had Wan Ton noodles. We had a jug of Tiger. I regretted ordering that as Tiger is lousy. The lousiness was accentuated by the Carlsberg we drank earlier.
After dinner, Yeo sent Kit back to Silat Road before dropping me and Alex off. I forced myself to bathe before sleeping.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home