[2005 09 06] - [Tue]
[0800] - Early in office
Woke up and had Maggi Curry for breakfast. I have to switch to Bee Hoon tomorrow. Mummy is still around. So she offered to fetch me to work. After breakfast, I passed Kiat his phone before leaving with Mummy at 7:25 am. I reached office at 7:47 am. My earliest record.
On the way, Mummy told me to remind her to invite 4th Uncle’s mother-in-law as well as some of the old folks also know Mummy. She also said that Daddy’s KL friends might not come. But we will still invite them and hope that they will turn up.
[0900] - Fitness First
Went Fitness First to jog. This is the first time I’m so early. There’s this battle-of-the-sexes Table Tennis Match on TV. I think the guy is not allowed to smash.
[0905] - Service Excellence Week
Khong Bee just sent an email. If any staff didn’t wear the t-shirt, an extra t-shirt will be given and $10 deducted from salary. If there’s no extra t-shirt, the staff is expected to take taxi home to get it. He must have gotten widespread support from the management to be able to do something like this.
[0906] - E Appreciation
Sent Dharmesh the URL for the E Appreciation. Is he going to do some sending too? Not even sure if I should send coz I’m the Service Champ, I can access the Database, I helped to make the E Appreciation work. Excuses. Excuses. I’m just plain lazy.
[1103] - StaffNet Documentation
Things are moving much faster today. I’ve completed the documentation for Groups, Tabs & Items. At least the basic functions are documented. Will take a break for a while.
[1200] - Photos
Went round giving photos to Azlinah, Cein & Eileen. They were very happy to see the photos. Especially Eileen. She kept scanning my laptop screen for more folders of photos to see. Showed Katherine the AAA photos on the way back to the desk.
[1205] - Daddy’s plaque
Choa Chu Kang marble called when I was at 14th floor. Daddy’s plaque is ready. They asked me for the time and date to install it. I have to check with Mummy and pastor.
[1340] - Lunch
Went to packet lunch from the $2 for 4 dishes stall. Nobody from 14th floor came along as they are either on course or not around.
We were talking about people with disability. I would openly talk about their disability with my disabled friends. Being politically correct isn’t too good for the people with disability.
[1600] - VB Script
Went to write a vbscript that automatically renames my photos from ‘DSCXXXXX.JPG’ to ‘[DD (XXX) HHMM]’ format. So proud of myself. At least I don’t have to manually rename one by one next time.
[1700] - Passing out photos
Since I had the time, I went round to past the photos to HR, CS & 16th floor. It was good that I managed to bump into Uncle Wong at 16th floor. He doesn’t have an email address. So I sent his photo to Inayeth. Helped Siu Ming to remove the unwanted page from his Microsoft Word document. For the rest of the people that I recognised, I simply emailed them.
[1715] - Joycelyn’s mooncake
It tasted better than it looked. Luckily I didn’t refuse it.
[1733] - Daxin’s fruits
It is there for a week already and he’s still eating them. I thought they would be spoilt. From Daxin’s description of ‘Hao Suan Ah’, it looks like it is on the way there.
[1800] - Vodka
Grabbed a shot or 2 of it before leaving for home. Mummy will be fetching me home today.
[1850] - Trip home
I did the driving. Went by Grange Road. Should have gone by Portsdown Avenue. It is now my favourite way home.
[1855] - Coroner’s Investigation
Mummy told me that the police will come to our place to take some photos coz Daddy’s death has been classified as an unnatural death. I’m quite surprised as they took 2 months to take the photos. It should be routine stuff. But it reminded me of whether I did the best I could for Daddy on the final day. I remember his limb but breathing body on the ground at 3 am. But when I carried him, there was no response from him. I thought it was another epileptic attack. I also saw a bruise on the back of his head. But I still thought those were normal bruises. The autopsy report showed that he had a slightly fractured skull. The reminder of it made me sad again.
[1950] - Home
Had Bean Curd with Minced Meat for dinner. Ministry of Manpower sent a Labour Survey for us to do even though Mummy has submitted once previously. We also received a letter from Media Development Authority. Inter government agencies has a lot of information sharing. They knew of Daddy’s death and cancelled his license. Mummy has to apply one on her own. Mummy told me about Mei’s graduation dinner at Meritus Mandarin on the 20-something of November.
[2030] - Uncle Teck Beng’s CDs
Uncle Teck Beng came at around 8 pm. He had some trouble opening some CDs. I tried with my T41 too. Somehow, the CD has some problems. But I manage to copy out part of one CD and another CD. The CD contained a demo program for an Ultrasound Machine. They will come back tomorrow with their laptop and Thumbdrive so that I can copy the contents over. At the same time, Uncle Teck Beng as a doctor could talk to whoever will be here tomorrow night.
[2230] - Gave Ling a call
Ling told me not to be sad. Whatever happened to Daddy was fated and I shouldn’t think so much. But I can’t help it as I was around when Daddy left us. I was also 10 metres from saving Tien Yen way back in 1992. It is a still very hard for me when I look back at that day. Nothing I can do will every bring them back. I can only be good to the people around who I care for and who still care for me.
[0030] - Calling it a night
Played the pool game on my laptop while thinking about everything that went on tonight before going to bathe and sleep.
Woke up and had Maggi Curry for breakfast. I have to switch to Bee Hoon tomorrow. Mummy is still around. So she offered to fetch me to work. After breakfast, I passed Kiat his phone before leaving with Mummy at 7:25 am. I reached office at 7:47 am. My earliest record.
On the way, Mummy told me to remind her to invite 4th Uncle’s mother-in-law as well as some of the old folks also know Mummy. She also said that Daddy’s KL friends might not come. But we will still invite them and hope that they will turn up.
[0900] - Fitness First
Went Fitness First to jog. This is the first time I’m so early. There’s this battle-of-the-sexes Table Tennis Match on TV. I think the guy is not allowed to smash.
[0905] - Service Excellence Week
Khong Bee just sent an email. If any staff didn’t wear the t-shirt, an extra t-shirt will be given and $10 deducted from salary. If there’s no extra t-shirt, the staff is expected to take taxi home to get it. He must have gotten widespread support from the management to be able to do something like this.
[0906] - E Appreciation
Sent Dharmesh the URL for the E Appreciation. Is he going to do some sending too? Not even sure if I should send coz I’m the Service Champ, I can access the Database, I helped to make the E Appreciation work. Excuses. Excuses. I’m just plain lazy.
[1103] - StaffNet Documentation
Things are moving much faster today. I’ve completed the documentation for Groups, Tabs & Items. At least the basic functions are documented. Will take a break for a while.
[1200] - Photos
Went round giving photos to Azlinah, Cein & Eileen. They were very happy to see the photos. Especially Eileen. She kept scanning my laptop screen for more folders of photos to see. Showed Katherine the AAA photos on the way back to the desk.
[1205] - Daddy’s plaque
Choa Chu Kang marble called when I was at 14th floor. Daddy’s plaque is ready. They asked me for the time and date to install it. I have to check with Mummy and pastor.
[1340] - Lunch
Went to packet lunch from the $2 for 4 dishes stall. Nobody from 14th floor came along as they are either on course or not around.
We were talking about people with disability. I would openly talk about their disability with my disabled friends. Being politically correct isn’t too good for the people with disability.
[1600] - VB Script
Went to write a vbscript that automatically renames my photos from ‘DSCXXXXX.JPG’ to ‘[DD (XXX) HHMM]’ format. So proud of myself. At least I don’t have to manually rename one by one next time.
[1700] - Passing out photos
Since I had the time, I went round to past the photos to HR, CS & 16th floor. It was good that I managed to bump into Uncle Wong at 16th floor. He doesn’t have an email address. So I sent his photo to Inayeth. Helped Siu Ming to remove the unwanted page from his Microsoft Word document. For the rest of the people that I recognised, I simply emailed them.
[1715] - Joycelyn’s mooncake
It tasted better than it looked. Luckily I didn’t refuse it.
[1733] - Daxin’s fruits
It is there for a week already and he’s still eating them. I thought they would be spoilt. From Daxin’s description of ‘Hao Suan Ah’, it looks like it is on the way there.
[1800] - Vodka
Grabbed a shot or 2 of it before leaving for home. Mummy will be fetching me home today.
[1850] - Trip home
I did the driving. Went by Grange Road. Should have gone by Portsdown Avenue. It is now my favourite way home.
[1855] - Coroner’s Investigation
Mummy told me that the police will come to our place to take some photos coz Daddy’s death has been classified as an unnatural death. I’m quite surprised as they took 2 months to take the photos. It should be routine stuff. But it reminded me of whether I did the best I could for Daddy on the final day. I remember his limb but breathing body on the ground at 3 am. But when I carried him, there was no response from him. I thought it was another epileptic attack. I also saw a bruise on the back of his head. But I still thought those were normal bruises. The autopsy report showed that he had a slightly fractured skull. The reminder of it made me sad again.
[1950] - Home
Had Bean Curd with Minced Meat for dinner. Ministry of Manpower sent a Labour Survey for us to do even though Mummy has submitted once previously. We also received a letter from Media Development Authority. Inter government agencies has a lot of information sharing. They knew of Daddy’s death and cancelled his license. Mummy has to apply one on her own. Mummy told me about Mei’s graduation dinner at Meritus Mandarin on the 20-something of November.
[2030] - Uncle Teck Beng’s CDs
Uncle Teck Beng came at around 8 pm. He had some trouble opening some CDs. I tried with my T41 too. Somehow, the CD has some problems. But I manage to copy out part of one CD and another CD. The CD contained a demo program for an Ultrasound Machine. They will come back tomorrow with their laptop and Thumbdrive so that I can copy the contents over. At the same time, Uncle Teck Beng as a doctor could talk to whoever will be here tomorrow night.
[2230] - Gave Ling a call
Ling told me not to be sad. Whatever happened to Daddy was fated and I shouldn’t think so much. But I can’t help it as I was around when Daddy left us. I was also 10 metres from saving Tien Yen way back in 1992. It is a still very hard for me when I look back at that day. Nothing I can do will every bring them back. I can only be good to the people around who I care for and who still care for me.
[0030] - Calling it a night
Played the pool game on my laptop while thinking about everything that went on tonight before going to bathe and sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home