[2005 09 10] - [Sat]
[0900] - Home
Mummy woke me up at 8:15 am. The air-con was still turned on. The fan was still spinning too. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast. Mummy went marketing after all. Read about the murder case at Orchard MRT. More body parts have been found at MacRitchie Reservoir. Another top story is the Dengue Fever outbreak. Went to bathe after breakfast as we had to leave for Choa Chu Kang at 9 am.
[1015] - Garden of Rememberance
Stopped over at Bukit Timah Market to buy flowers. Mummy forgot to buy them at the market in the morning. Pastor and his wife were already there when we arrived. We saw the lorry from Choa Chu Kang Marble there too. I went around to take a few photos. Pastor read some verses from the bible and said a prayer for all of us. Mei got a chair from somewhere for Granny. The plaque met my expectations. I'm satisfied with it except for the cross. We asked for a smooth cross, but it turned out to be anything but smooth. When Jeff said he will 'Jing4 Liang4'. I knew it won't materialize. Mummy placed the flowers before we left. We will come back with artificial flowers a couple of weeks later. Passed pastor a token of appreciation in a white envelope. He refused it. But after I insisted, he will keep it as a donation to the church. We then went home as it is too early to drop Mei at ACJC for her tea session with the school people.
[1200] - Lunch
Dropped Mei at ACJC at 11 am. The 3 of us then went Dover Hawker Centre for lunch. I was looking for my Fried Kway Teow. But it was closed. I ended up with Carrot Cake. Granny originally wanted Chicken Leg Noodles. But ended up with Wan Ton Mee as the Chicken Legs are not available. Mummy had Hand-Made Noodles. She didn't really enjoyed it. There was a taxi blocking our car as we were about to leave. But the driver came and moved it swiftly. Mummy then dropped me at Ling's Home. I've not had a 'normal' Saturday for a long time and I'm actually looking forward to it. Last week was the KL Relatives' visit & Serene's party. The week before was Mummy's Malacca trip and 3 weeks before, we went back to office and then to Lishan's home for the Apollo gathering.
[1430] - Ling's Home
Heng Kui was watching TV when I got there. Ling was lazing around in bed. I showed Ling a week of photos. Even snapped photos of Heng Kui.
Heng Kui gave a good review of the Herbie movie.
Had a gut feel that Manchester United will not win the Asian Handicap against Manchester City tonight. Kit thought otherwise. Yeo not sure as he hasn't been betting in a while.
We would be going Clementi for porridge.
[1815] - Clementi
We had a bowl of porridge ($2.20) each. Tried to order a can of Carlsberg. The coffee stall only had big bottles though. So I ended up with plain water from Tanglin Halt.
Ling bought a pair of slippers for $20 from Bata. It was my preference as I liked the pink straps. I had earlier rejected other types.
Ling & I actually went to play pool. I was nearly refused entry as I was wearing my ACJC t-shirt. I didn’t realised it at all. I tried my best for the first game and beat her flat. For the 2nd game, I broke and the black ball entered. The first time in my life. Subsequently, I began to just clown around. Playing only bank shots.
We visited NTUC twice. On our first trip, we bought titbits for Ling to bring to office, milk, orange juice for me, sambal chilli sauce and the kong bao chilli sauce. I will try it with Bee Hoon Kosong next week. I also bought a bottle Vodka Mudchocolate. It tasted very nice. Surprisingly, Ling liked it as well. The 2nd trip to NTUC came after we decided to cook at Ling’s home when we finished the pool game. We bought 3 cans of Campbell Cream of Chicken soup at my insistence instead of 2. Another 16 sticks of Cod Fish Fingers. Ling said there was Spaghetti at home, so we didn’t buy any. I got another 2 cans of Barons. Thankfully, 147 came right after we were done with the cashier.
[2330] - Ling’s Home
Ling’s parents told us that the murder-suspect for the Orchard MRT case has been caught. It’s another Filipino lady and another person.
There was no Spaghetti at home. So Ling & I had to go downstairs to buy.
I placed $100 on Manchester City. Eating 1.25 balls. W85. I followed my gut feel today.
Dinner was great. Of course it had to be great as I planned the menu. Even Ling’s Mum liked it. She said she will consider it next time and asked if I got the idea of cooking Spaghetti with Cream of Chicken soup from somewhere. I said it was from Mei, who started the trend. Some of the fish fingers were under cooked though. But I still ate it as it was cooked by Ling. It wasn’t that bad. In between I was enjoying my 2 cans of Barons. By the end of dinner, I was quite bloated already.
Bathed after dinner and knocked out on the bed. I was half-asleep while Ling was watching the 9 pm sitcom starring Zhu Mi Mi. There was also the nurse show at 7pm. This time, the rich girl is on better terms with Cailing. The story begins to talk about some gangsters threatening Cailing’s parent’s stall and how an ex-patient of hers (another gangster) came to help her. It was quite comical rather than serious.
Left Ling’s place at 11:30 pm.
[0130] - Home
961 took a little longer than usual to come. I was going to take out my wallet and flag a cab already when it finally arrived at 11:52 pm. At my bus stop, I saw an Adshell van parked there. Funny. Funny because it is a temporary bus stop and there are no ads to change. I saw 1 or 2 workers sitting near the bus stop. Probably on the phone. But if it is a phone call, why do they need to put the road arrows and the cones?
Manchester United and Manchester City drew 1-1. I won! Thanks to all 22 players as well as the substitutes. Being $85 richer, I shall sleep soundly now.
Mummy woke me up at 8:15 am. The air-con was still turned on. The fan was still spinning too. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast. Mummy went marketing after all. Read about the murder case at Orchard MRT. More body parts have been found at MacRitchie Reservoir. Another top story is the Dengue Fever outbreak. Went to bathe after breakfast as we had to leave for Choa Chu Kang at 9 am.
[1015] - Garden of Rememberance
Stopped over at Bukit Timah Market to buy flowers. Mummy forgot to buy them at the market in the morning. Pastor and his wife were already there when we arrived. We saw the lorry from Choa Chu Kang Marble there too. I went around to take a few photos. Pastor read some verses from the bible and said a prayer for all of us. Mei got a chair from somewhere for Granny. The plaque met my expectations. I'm satisfied with it except for the cross. We asked for a smooth cross, but it turned out to be anything but smooth. When Jeff said he will 'Jing4 Liang4'. I knew it won't materialize. Mummy placed the flowers before we left. We will come back with artificial flowers a couple of weeks later. Passed pastor a token of appreciation in a white envelope. He refused it. But after I insisted, he will keep it as a donation to the church. We then went home as it is too early to drop Mei at ACJC for her tea session with the school people.
[1200] - Lunch
Dropped Mei at ACJC at 11 am. The 3 of us then went Dover Hawker Centre for lunch. I was looking for my Fried Kway Teow. But it was closed. I ended up with Carrot Cake. Granny originally wanted Chicken Leg Noodles. But ended up with Wan Ton Mee as the Chicken Legs are not available. Mummy had Hand-Made Noodles. She didn't really enjoyed it. There was a taxi blocking our car as we were about to leave. But the driver came and moved it swiftly. Mummy then dropped me at Ling's Home. I've not had a 'normal' Saturday for a long time and I'm actually looking forward to it. Last week was the KL Relatives' visit & Serene's party. The week before was Mummy's Malacca trip and 3 weeks before, we went back to office and then to Lishan's home for the Apollo gathering.
[1430] - Ling's Home
Heng Kui was watching TV when I got there. Ling was lazing around in bed. I showed Ling a week of photos. Even snapped photos of Heng Kui.
Heng Kui gave a good review of the Herbie movie.
Had a gut feel that Manchester United will not win the Asian Handicap against Manchester City tonight. Kit thought otherwise. Yeo not sure as he hasn't been betting in a while.
We would be going Clementi for porridge.
[1815] - Clementi
We had a bowl of porridge ($2.20) each. Tried to order a can of Carlsberg. The coffee stall only had big bottles though. So I ended up with plain water from Tanglin Halt.
Ling bought a pair of slippers for $20 from Bata. It was my preference as I liked the pink straps. I had earlier rejected other types.
Ling & I actually went to play pool. I was nearly refused entry as I was wearing my ACJC t-shirt. I didn’t realised it at all. I tried my best for the first game and beat her flat. For the 2nd game, I broke and the black ball entered. The first time in my life. Subsequently, I began to just clown around. Playing only bank shots.
We visited NTUC twice. On our first trip, we bought titbits for Ling to bring to office, milk, orange juice for me, sambal chilli sauce and the kong bao chilli sauce. I will try it with Bee Hoon Kosong next week. I also bought a bottle Vodka Mudchocolate. It tasted very nice. Surprisingly, Ling liked it as well. The 2nd trip to NTUC came after we decided to cook at Ling’s home when we finished the pool game. We bought 3 cans of Campbell Cream of Chicken soup at my insistence instead of 2. Another 16 sticks of Cod Fish Fingers. Ling said there was Spaghetti at home, so we didn’t buy any. I got another 2 cans of Barons. Thankfully, 147 came right after we were done with the cashier.
[2330] - Ling’s Home
Ling’s parents told us that the murder-suspect for the Orchard MRT case has been caught. It’s another Filipino lady and another person.
There was no Spaghetti at home. So Ling & I had to go downstairs to buy.
I placed $100 on Manchester City. Eating 1.25 balls. W85. I followed my gut feel today.
Dinner was great. Of course it had to be great as I planned the menu. Even Ling’s Mum liked it. She said she will consider it next time and asked if I got the idea of cooking Spaghetti with Cream of Chicken soup from somewhere. I said it was from Mei, who started the trend. Some of the fish fingers were under cooked though. But I still ate it as it was cooked by Ling. It wasn’t that bad. In between I was enjoying my 2 cans of Barons. By the end of dinner, I was quite bloated already.
Bathed after dinner and knocked out on the bed. I was half-asleep while Ling was watching the 9 pm sitcom starring Zhu Mi Mi. There was also the nurse show at 7pm. This time, the rich girl is on better terms with Cailing. The story begins to talk about some gangsters threatening Cailing’s parent’s stall and how an ex-patient of hers (another gangster) came to help her. It was quite comical rather than serious.
Left Ling’s place at 11:30 pm.
[0130] - Home
961 took a little longer than usual to come. I was going to take out my wallet and flag a cab already when it finally arrived at 11:52 pm. At my bus stop, I saw an Adshell van parked there. Funny. Funny because it is a temporary bus stop and there are no ads to change. I saw 1 or 2 workers sitting near the bus stop. Probably on the phone. But if it is a phone call, why do they need to put the road arrows and the cones?
Manchester United and Manchester City drew 1-1. I won! Thanks to all 22 players as well as the substitutes. Being $85 richer, I shall sleep soundly now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home