Friday, September 09, 2005

[2005 09 09] - [Fri]

[0900] - Morning
Mei woke up to take a walk, went to bathe and went back to bed. I thought Mummy was fetching her to school. Instead Mummy fetched me to work after I had my breakfast of Fried Rice. I’m wearing the Service Class t-shirt today. So are all the GE Staff. I kind of like the t-shirt now. Maybe because I like the cutting and I don’t see much of the t-shirt when I’m wearing it. Went Fitness First for a swim. Did 16 laps of Breast Stroke for a change.
[1215] - Work
Borrowed Daxin’s arm support to try out. It actually kicks ass. I’m much more comfortable typing on my laptop. After he got it back, I substituted it with 2 packs of GE-DPS tissue papers and they work just as well.
Khong Bee actually asked the Service Champs to check on our colleagues to give him names of staff without the green t-shirt. After a walk around 12th floor. It is indeed 100%. Amilyn even wore the green t-shirt over another shirt.
We went to the IT Communication Meeting to present the Team-Building. It wasn’t exactly a ‘we’ as Deleon is on MC and Stephen did most of the work presenting. Dharmesh & I were there to give moral support. Most of the heads were there at the meeting. The PDs and the Competency Heads. We were told to present at next Monday’s lunch talk. Since Stephen is on block leave next week. It looks like I’ll have to do the presenting.
Wrote a script to automate the resizing of the photos from the T7. Now I need not open up the Microsoft Photo Editor and resize them one by one. I just need to click a button and wait. Was so engrossed in it that I asked Stephen to packet Bee Hoon Kosong for me. I just started working on the auto-conversion of videos when the lunch gang came back.
[1345] - Lunch
Kelvin Tang joined us for lunch. Lunch group is exceptionally big today. Maybe they all don’t want to be seen with the green t-shirt. Only Chris is not around. Daxin brought his Hong Mao Tea for us to try. It is basically a better-tasting alternative to Lipton. I liked it so much that I made myself a second cup.
Topic today is AI Programming. Started when I mentioned that AI is my favourite subject. Daxin reminded me that as the level gets higher, it gets very technical. In fact, this is what I like most. The most challenging programmes I wrote were in the iLog assignment. I really had to use every cc of my brain and I did not even succeed in thinking out some of the algorithms.
[1800] - Work (Afternoon)
Completed the auto-conversion of videos. Finally achieved something today. Now I can concentrate on taking good pictures and videos without having to click and resize them like a factory worker.
Bought Optrex for Granny. It comes with a new packaging now.
Called Fitness First to enquire about Yeo’s referrer gift. Omar wasn’t around so I was speaking a lady (Sally). She promised to look into it.
Email exchange between Yeo & Val is becoming low-level. Young dicks and healing breasts are just some of the key words. Yeo got an army call-up for medical checkup. Strange. Coz I didn’t receive anyway.
Read on CNA website that a woman’s head is found in a bag behind Orchard MRT. Gross. There were no other comments by the police other than that they are investigating the case.
Had 2 shots of Absolut Vodka before leaving office.
[2200] - At Home
Took 174 home. Mummy was stuck in the office. It’s a double-decker. I chose the front-left seat, turned on my mp3s inside my XDA. I thought I wouldn’t doze off. But I still fell asleep near Farrer Road and slept all the way to my home bus stop.
Dinner was Minced Meat with Rice. Soup was Black Bean Soup. Nice. Ling is sure going to say ‘Minced Meat Again’ when I tell her later.
Watched some game show with Granny. Teams of celebrities together with 1 contestant from each team will pit their wits, memory & resourcefulness against each other. There was a cute thin girl in Wang Jian Fu’s team. I even thought she was a celebrity. She had protruding teeth. But the whole package is good in some way. Maybe I got a soft spot for girls with a slightly crooked mouth.
Mummy called. She will be home at 9+. Originally, she was supposed to meet her NTUC Income Agent friend at 8:30 pm. But she told him to come later.
Went through my photos on the T41 and played some MP3s in the background. I used the Picassa photo explorer. It is able to put my photos into a slide show. The MP3s make it look like a montage.
Helped Mei with some Integration. It’s quite tough to teach Integration without being able to apply ‘Integration by Parts’.
Mummt came back at around 9:15 pm. Her friend came in a cab around 9:30 pm. Probably to settle some insurance matters.
I waited until the ‘Mu Ji Shen Dan’ show finished at 10pm before leaving. It’s the last episode today. At the end, it looked like a government propaganda for people to pro-create. It was a happy ending. Chen Liping got pregnant again after giving birth to twins in a difficult delivery.
[0115] - Changi Village Nasi Lemak
Went to pick Ling up. We then drove to Changi Village for the Nasi Lemak. On the way there, I drove very slowly. Below 80 kmh on PIE until Ling noticed. It’s because of the increase in petrol prices. When we parked, Ling insisted on putting coupon. Told her to put at most one 50c coupon.
Queued up quite some time for the Nasi Lemak. Quite a number of people are buying Nasi Lemak in large quantities. I bought 2 packets and a plate. One packet is for Ling’s Dad and the other packet is for Mummy. Shared the plate with Ling. We then took a walk to Charlie’s corner before going to the car park where the transvetites usually gather. None of them were around when we went. The cats here are quite unfriendly. They don’t respond to Ling’s meows. The ones at Tanglin Halt are better.
I then started the car and headed for Tanglin Halt. On the way, we talked about the week before Daddy passed away. Dropped Ling around 11:50 pm before heading home.
Mummy & Mei enjoyed the Nasi Lemak when they came back. I finished what they couldn’t finish. Had half a can of root beer before calling it a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home