Thursday, September 08, 2005

[2005 09 08] - [Thu]

[0900] - Morning
Mummy woke me up this morning again. I think sub-conciously my body did not wake up coz I knew Mummy would do the job. Had Instant Mee Goreng for breakfast. Mummy fetched me to office again. I was the first to arrive at 7:50 am. Probably because the school holidays fall on this week. The lights were not turned on at all. I decided to let the lights sleep a little longer as it would be another long day ahead for them. I went Fitness First, sincerely wanting to do chin up again. But this time, there were dumb-bells on the steps, the weights were engaged. The contraption looked like it was out of order. I escaped chin up again. Contemplated swimming. But my shorts were loose because one end of the string was hiding inside the elastic band. I turned to the thread mill. For today, I increased the speed to 13. Finished the 2.4km in 11:16. But the Calory-Count is 168. Lower than the usual 170. So if the machine is to be believed, I used less energy while running faster. On the way out, there was a group of people filming beside the pool. Zhou Chongqing was dressed like some Jedi Knight together with an Ang Moh. I saw a bright white lighted ball. Maybe they are remaking the singlish version of Starwars.
[0930] - E Appreciation
Tang Seng printed 2 more E Cards before I submitted all of them to Yen Peng. I was the 2nd Service Champ to pass to her. Stephen was the top recipient at 16. This still pales in comparison to those who got 30+ and 20+. The top 3 in GE will get a $50 voucher each. The rest of the hard copies will be placed into a lucky draw for the Ipod Shuffle.
[1200] - Morning work
Tang Seng closed the issue with Wan Lay about the open cursors from E Appreciation that effected eTravel.
I went to continue work on the StaffNet Documentation. This time, I completed the Staff Poll documentation. It was easier than I thought as a lot of database documentation do not require screen captures & icons.
Called up Katherine at Choa Chu Kang Marble. She arranged for a Mr Ang to perform the installation at Garden of Rememberance for us on Saturday at 9:30 am. Jeff won't be there. As for Tien Yen's plaque, her photo just arrived from Italy. So we can arrange for the installation anytime next week. Mummy has already informed Pastor to be there on Saturday morning. We will also bring Granny there.
[1340] - Lunch
Daxin is a confirmed Republican. He just dissed the Louisiana governor and New Orleans mayor for not asking George Bush for help. That was why George Bush’s hands are tied during the Hurricane. He can be the Mandarin White House spokesman. Bush will be proud of him.
Had Bee Hoon Kosong and Porridge Kosong for lunch. Feeling a little hungry today.
[1800] - Afternoon at work
We saw the first page on of the OCBC Intranet on paper at Siu Ming’s desk. Our StaffNet looks better.
For the e-Appreciation, Christine Teo won the Ipod Shuffle. Kamariah, Banez & Puay Cher won a $50 voucher each for being one of the top 3 recipients of eCards.
Surendran sent an emal regarding eJSR. He would like to open it to the end-users. Technically, it is easy. But we would need the support of the users’ bosses. This is because time will be needed for training and testing. On top of that, there’s currently no PD or PM for eJSR. Making me the de facto head. I’m too small to be driving it as I’ll have not enough power to activate entire departments for training.
Kit called for drinks at 4:40 pm. But I was busy in a discussion. So he went home. He wasn’t feeling well. Won’t be joining us for pool. Funny, he is well enough for drinks now but not well enough for drinks later.
Stephen enquired about Webtrends 7.0. We revisited the Webtrends website and saw the announcement of beta version 7.5. The Webtrends 7.0 still costs US$3k+ for Professional license and US$10k for Enterprise license. They even have a pre-configured hardware offer. But we won’t take it as it is better to source for our own hardware. Choon Hong, Tang Seng, Stephen and me were having a discussion on whether to put the Webtrends server in the Production room.
[1950] - Home Beach Bar
Came here for some Foster’s with Yeo coz the 6-8 pm slot was booked. Yeo ordered Calamari while I ordered Fish Fingers. He showed me the photos that he took during a company trip to Kota Tinggi waterfalls. Alex won’t be playing badminton today as he will be attending a wedding dinner at Le Meridien. But he came with Vincent Goh, who happen to work at the same building as Kakala Furniture Store. Near Alex’s office. Raj will also be joining them. Yeo was already sleeping when we were about to leave.
[2145] - Badminton
Like last week, I played badminton under influence. Yeo and I still managed to beat Uncle Teck Yan & Uncle Teck Seng. But Zijie and I got badly thrashed in the old vs young game. [2215] - Fitness First
Went office to put my racket and shoes. Drink some vodka on the way of the office before coming here for a bath. There was a Yoga class going on it is almost full. The lights were off and the participants were like sleeping. Yeo told me that this part of the class is his favourite. Went to the One George Street Car Park for the first time. The lights were damn bright for a car park. The $3 parking fee explains who pays for the bright lights.
[0010] - Pool
Went Double O to play pool and register for the competition on 13 Sept. Today is Thursday and R&B night, so our IDs need to be check. I think the reason is the large number of Indians and Malays expected to turn up. Anson managed to find over 32 players for the competition. I played pool with Yeo. Don’t think Alex will be sober enough to make it here. Somehow I perform better on smooth and straight tables.
[0045] - Drinks at Double O
The R&B music sounded good. There was even a Malay rap. But I hate the DJ for speaking into the mic all the time. Just like the Thai techno MTV that we saw in Bung Khla in April this year. The price of Carlsberg here has decreased. It is now $24 per jug. It used to be much higher previously. We felt hungry and wanted to order food. At first we wanted to order finger food from Double O. But it is too expensive. At $14 for a pizza and a hot dog. We felt that Adam Road is better. And actually, why did we have drinks at Double O in the first place when we can drink at Adam Road? The purpose of having drinks at Double O is to drink and shoot pool at the same time. Since we are already done with pool, there’s no reason to stay around for drinks.
I actually talked to Yeo about Christ, why I believed in Him and not the old testament.
[0130] - Adam Road
Had Nasi Goreng while Yeo had Mee Goreng. I ordered another bottle of Barons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home