[2005 08 05] - [Fri]
[0847] - Bus 170 to JB
On the bus to Hong Leong Bank. Decided to get the bank transaction over and done with so that I do not have to hang around in JB next Wed. Lots of Uncles & Aunties on the bus. I can't expect much since most of the beautiful people are heading towards town. While I'm basically heading in the opposite direction.
[1118] - Bus 170 back to Sg
The girls in JB seem to appeal to me more with their straight and short hairstyles coupled with their mini-skirts. Too bad I got stuff to do back in Singapore. If not I would stay behind for lunch at Taman Sentosa. I've not visited Malaysia as often as last year. In 2004, I went to Malaysia for a record-breaking 23 times. That's an average of once in 2 weeks. For 2005, I've only been there 8 times and this is August already. I'm still debating whether to go for Claypot Laksa or Fitness First. I need to go Fitness First to get their 'passport' so that I can use the gym in Penang. Also, I need to buy pills for Granny. In 24 hours time, Ling & I would have arrived at Kuang Yee and started choosing our clothes.
[1657] - Home
For the next week, my diary updates will be on PDA. Very happy to have bought the T7. It's my new toy now. I'll bring the whole box to Penang to play. Hopefully Ling & I can have a good night's sleep tonight so that we won't turn people off when they look at our wedding photos.
LOG
[0015] - Bathed and went to sleep.
[0710] - Checked my phone. Heng Kui will not be meeting me today as he's not working.
[0715] - Had Myojo vegetarian noodles for breakfast.
[0735] - Heard on 90.5 about a Singapore expedition managing to scale a virgin Peak in Kazakhstan and they are deciding to name them. The DJ was joking about possible names for the peak. I find 'Mount Chendol' amusing. It was one of the suggestions.
[0740] - Resti asked me to buy Nur magazine and 2 other books from JB.
[0745] - Cut my nails. Filled up immigration form. Shaved. Took out Daddy's Saucony bag from the top of his cupboard.
[0840] - Got up Bus 170.
[0912] - Bus went past Kranji MRT and picked up a lot of passengers in the process.
[0940] - Hong Leong Bank's main system in KL is down. Damn. So I've made a wasted trip after all.
[0955] - Bought Nur magazine for Resti. But the shop doesn't sell the 2 novels.
[1000] - The Hong Leong Bank branch beside City Square is also down.
[1005] - Bought Colgate and Lipton Iced Lemon Tea.
[1015] - Had Big Breakfast MacDonald's.
[1045] - Hong Leong Bank's system is still down I decide to go home.
[1100] - Received an SMS from +659******* Can't recognise the number. So I gave a generic reply.
[1105] - Got some immigration cards from Woodlands Checkpoint for Man Ku
[1110] - No jam at the causeway. I have boarded 170 already.
[1154] - Slept all the way from Woodlands Checkpoint to Little India. Got woken up by my phone ringing.
[1155] - +659******* called back. She's actually Esther. She has quit her job at PSA. Now she's working at Bugis area. Company size is about 200.
[1215] - Went Fitness First to get their 'International Passport' so that I can use the Fitness First Gym at Island Plaza, Penang.
[1230] - Went Hong Lim to buy some pills for Granny.
[1235] - Saw Daxin at the 2nd floor balcony. Went upstairs to talk to them. Only Xinhui, Chris & Daxin is around. Tang Seng is on leave. Stephen is at a meeting. Xinhui got herself a free camera after buying some policies. Not sure if the policies are from GE Life.
[1315] - Took bus 33 to Alexandra Village for Claypot Laksa.
[1325] - Started queueing up for Claypot Laksa at Alexandra Village.
[1400] - Went Ling’s house to take her pay cheque to cash. Met Heng Kui there. He quit his job coz he was made to do a lot of unnecessary stuff not related to his job scope.
[1430] - Went Woodlands Domestic at Clementi to buy the Sony DSC-T7. Tiger secured a discount for me. In the end I paid only $660 for the camera. A discount from the usual price of $799. I then paid another $50 to upgrade the 256 MB Memory Stick DUO to the 512 MB Memory Stick DUO.
[1445] - Bought Lemon Tea from MacDonald’s at Clementi.
[1515] - Cashed Ling’s cheque at Bukit Timah Plaza.
[1520] - Took a detour to Mambo Billiards. The whole place was full. I saw one guy clear from 4th ball to the 9th ball. It was a pleasure watching him.
[1530] - Found the ‘Twelfth Night’ Guide book by LETTS at Popular Bookshop Bukit Timah Plaza.
[1535] - Messaged Tiger to thank him for his help.
[1540] - While walking home, a JB rider asked me for directions to Dover Close East. Told hime to take Clementi Road down before turning left at the MRT track. After that, take the next right turn. He will have to further enquire other passers by there.
[1600] - Reached home. Passed the pills to Granny and the Nur magazine to Resti.
[1800] - Had dinner at home. Bean Curd with Minced Meat.
[1845] - Mummy came home.
[1855] - Said goodbye to everyone at home. Granny gave Ling & I a Red Packet each.
[1930] - Waited for 170 from 7 pm to 7:30 pm. Still no 170. Got onto a cab.
[1935] - Cab driver checks with his system. Confirms that the roads around Woodlands Checkpoint have turned into a giant car park.
[2000] - Arrived at Woodlands Checkpoint. Taxi Driver went in by the mosque route. No jam for the taxi at all. Now, part of Woodlands Central Road allows for 2-way traffic. So vehicles travelling to the taxi stand need not go through the junction where other vehicles turn into the causeway.
[2002] - Ling called. They are stuck in a jam. Told them to get down from the bus and walk.
[2030] - Ling, her parents, her auntie, Sherna and her daughter finally arrived. They walked most of the way from Kranji MRT. Sherna's husband couldn't come coz he was busy. So we have an extra seat.
[2115] - We walked across the causeway as it was impossible to get on those public buses.
[2305] - Finally left JB. Stopped at several places to pick up passengers. The lack of seat numbers certainly added to the confusion. On top of that, the passengers on this bus came from a United Nations of travel agencies.
On the bus to Hong Leong Bank. Decided to get the bank transaction over and done with so that I do not have to hang around in JB next Wed. Lots of Uncles & Aunties on the bus. I can't expect much since most of the beautiful people are heading towards town. While I'm basically heading in the opposite direction.
[1118] - Bus 170 back to Sg
The girls in JB seem to appeal to me more with their straight and short hairstyles coupled with their mini-skirts. Too bad I got stuff to do back in Singapore. If not I would stay behind for lunch at Taman Sentosa. I've not visited Malaysia as often as last year. In 2004, I went to Malaysia for a record-breaking 23 times. That's an average of once in 2 weeks. For 2005, I've only been there 8 times and this is August already. I'm still debating whether to go for Claypot Laksa or Fitness First. I need to go Fitness First to get their 'passport' so that I can use the gym in Penang. Also, I need to buy pills for Granny. In 24 hours time, Ling & I would have arrived at Kuang Yee and started choosing our clothes.
[1657] - Home
For the next week, my diary updates will be on PDA. Very happy to have bought the T7. It's my new toy now. I'll bring the whole box to Penang to play. Hopefully Ling & I can have a good night's sleep tonight so that we won't turn people off when they look at our wedding photos.
LOG
[0015] - Bathed and went to sleep.
[0710] - Checked my phone. Heng Kui will not be meeting me today as he's not working.
[0715] - Had Myojo vegetarian noodles for breakfast.
[0735] - Heard on 90.5 about a Singapore expedition managing to scale a virgin Peak in Kazakhstan and they are deciding to name them. The DJ was joking about possible names for the peak. I find 'Mount Chendol' amusing. It was one of the suggestions.
[0740] - Resti asked me to buy Nur magazine and 2 other books from JB.
[0745] - Cut my nails. Filled up immigration form. Shaved. Took out Daddy's Saucony bag from the top of his cupboard.
[0840] - Got up Bus 170.
[0912] - Bus went past Kranji MRT and picked up a lot of passengers in the process.
[0940] - Hong Leong Bank's main system in KL is down. Damn. So I've made a wasted trip after all.
[0955] - Bought Nur magazine for Resti. But the shop doesn't sell the 2 novels.
[1000] - The Hong Leong Bank branch beside City Square is also down.
[1005] - Bought Colgate and Lipton Iced Lemon Tea.
[1015] - Had Big Breakfast MacDonald's.
[1045] - Hong Leong Bank's system is still down I decide to go home.
[1100] - Received an SMS from +659******* Can't recognise the number. So I gave a generic reply.
[1105] - Got some immigration cards from Woodlands Checkpoint for Man Ku
[1110] - No jam at the causeway. I have boarded 170 already.
[1154] - Slept all the way from Woodlands Checkpoint to Little India. Got woken up by my phone ringing.
[1155] - +659******* called back. She's actually Esther. She has quit her job at PSA. Now she's working at Bugis area. Company size is about 200.
[1215] - Went Fitness First to get their 'International Passport' so that I can use the Fitness First Gym at Island Plaza, Penang.
[1230] - Went Hong Lim to buy some pills for Granny.
[1235] - Saw Daxin at the 2nd floor balcony. Went upstairs to talk to them. Only Xinhui, Chris & Daxin is around. Tang Seng is on leave. Stephen is at a meeting. Xinhui got herself a free camera after buying some policies. Not sure if the policies are from GE Life.
[1315] - Took bus 33 to Alexandra Village for Claypot Laksa.
[1325] - Started queueing up for Claypot Laksa at Alexandra Village.
[1400] - Went Ling’s house to take her pay cheque to cash. Met Heng Kui there. He quit his job coz he was made to do a lot of unnecessary stuff not related to his job scope.
[1430] - Went Woodlands Domestic at Clementi to buy the Sony DSC-T7. Tiger secured a discount for me. In the end I paid only $660 for the camera. A discount from the usual price of $799. I then paid another $50 to upgrade the 256 MB Memory Stick DUO to the 512 MB Memory Stick DUO.
[1445] - Bought Lemon Tea from MacDonald’s at Clementi.
[1515] - Cashed Ling’s cheque at Bukit Timah Plaza.
[1520] - Took a detour to Mambo Billiards. The whole place was full. I saw one guy clear from 4th ball to the 9th ball. It was a pleasure watching him.
[1530] - Found the ‘Twelfth Night’ Guide book by LETTS at Popular Bookshop Bukit Timah Plaza.
[1535] - Messaged Tiger to thank him for his help.
[1540] - While walking home, a JB rider asked me for directions to Dover Close East. Told hime to take Clementi Road down before turning left at the MRT track. After that, take the next right turn. He will have to further enquire other passers by there.
[1600] - Reached home. Passed the pills to Granny and the Nur magazine to Resti.
[1800] - Had dinner at home. Bean Curd with Minced Meat.
[1845] - Mummy came home.
[1855] - Said goodbye to everyone at home. Granny gave Ling & I a Red Packet each.
[1930] - Waited for 170 from 7 pm to 7:30 pm. Still no 170. Got onto a cab.
[1935] - Cab driver checks with his system. Confirms that the roads around Woodlands Checkpoint have turned into a giant car park.
[2000] - Arrived at Woodlands Checkpoint. Taxi Driver went in by the mosque route. No jam for the taxi at all. Now, part of Woodlands Central Road allows for 2-way traffic. So vehicles travelling to the taxi stand need not go through the junction where other vehicles turn into the causeway.
[2002] - Ling called. They are stuck in a jam. Told them to get down from the bus and walk.
[2030] - Ling, her parents, her auntie, Sherna and her daughter finally arrived. They walked most of the way from Kranji MRT. Sherna's husband couldn't come coz he was busy. So we have an extra seat.
[2115] - We walked across the causeway as it was impossible to get on those public buses.
[2305] - Finally left JB. Stopped at several places to pick up passengers. The lack of seat numbers certainly added to the confusion. On top of that, the passengers on this bus came from a United Nations of travel agencies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home