[2005 08 04] - [Thu]
[1008] - Office
Heavy rains lashing against the office windows. It would be my last day of work before I go of to Penang for the 1 week photo-taking. Having some kind of ORD mood.
[1014] - Office
CCK Marble must be using some super high-tech unknown software to create the draft in .jpg format! It is actually a company policy to keep it a secret. The whole thing looks suscipiciously done in either Photoshop or Microsoft Word. Maybe they are using Microsoft’s latest release called MS Columbarium Plaque beta0.9.
[1108] - Office
With the internet and google, the world seem to have grown smaller. It is really information at your fingertips. I learn something new everyday.
[1620] - Office
Today has been more productive than yesterday. Plucked up the courage to do some Customer Service work. Calling 2 policy holders who cannot access e-Connect. One of them is not at his PC at home. As for the other. The wife answered. I decided to send both of them an email to save the trouble of trouble-shooting over the phone. Where should we go tonight? Going to meet Yeo & Kit for dinner. Need to meet some girls for some balance. I’ve met no one but guys for the last few times I went out. Going to be mistaken for a gay soon.
LOG
[0800] - Notice a girl my age smoking away at the bus stop. Back view looks nice. Front view is unknown.
[0810] - Purposely waited for 970, allowing 174 to pass by.
[0815] - Smoker girl boards 970 with me. Front view still passable.
[0910] - Choa Chu Kang Marble called while I was walking towards office. Mummy wanted Tien Yen’s name to be bigger, but they were not sure whether Mummy was refering to the English, Chinese name or both.
[0915] - Stephen’s camera has been lent to someone else. Looks like I’ll have to get my own.
[0935] - Stella replied my email. She’ll be back from Copenhagen next week.
[0945] - More cases of emails being matched to the wrong persons in Greatbase. I’ve sent those cases to Tang Seng to verify.
[0950] - Brent is back. So Dharmesh and I sent him some data to load into OID on our behalf.
[1007] - Willie and Wan Ting comes over to verify MQ issues. I’m also slightly confused by it. Actually, after FPMS is up, there is no need for them to access LiG data through MQ, their system can query from the MQ hub directly.
[1011] - Mummy confirms that only the Chinese name needs to be enlarged together with the 5 words at the bottom. I relay the request to CCK Marble. I asked them what software did they use. They said that it is a company policy not to divulge the software they are using.
[1030] - Going through the addresses of embassies in Singapore. Quite curious about which country the embassy belongs to along Cluny Park Road. Googling only yielded the French Embassy beside Da Paulo. The nearest one is the Romanian Embassy near Farrer Road.
[1035] - Japanese Embassy is at Nassim Road. Wonder if there was stepped up police presence there during the Chinese protests a couple of months ago.
[1050] - Found out that GE Chairman is actually the Honourary Consul-General for Luxumbourg and the Consulate-General of Luxumbourg’s address is on the 16th floor of the very same building that I worked in.
[1100] - The Greek Consulate-General is actually at Sime Darby building. Next to where I live.
[1104] - Deployed wowsit for Mon.
[1125] - Jega called. There’s a freelance job for me. An integration project between Laszlo front end and a j2ee software at the back end. Laszlo is a development tool in which developers write the code in XML. The Laszlo engine will then generate flash files dynamically on-the-fly using the xml files as a parameters.
[1127] - Lina from CCK Marble called again to say that she has sent me another draft. But based on Gmails’s ‘efficiency’ these days. I won’t expect it to arrive for at least 1-2 hours.
[1130] - Gave Tiger a call. Suddenly thought of him when I am thinking of places where I can buy the Sony Digital Camera. He told me to give him the model number so that he can quote me a price.
[1145] - Looked more deeply into Laszlo’s development model. Quite interesting it is like an advanced form of html. There are even examples on how to post data to a jsp page and retrieve data from a jsp page.
[1300] - Bought Fried Kway Teow for lunch. Waited almost 20 minutes.
[1330] - Continued to try the Coffee that Yeo bought from Vietnam.
[1400] - Messaged Tiger for a quote on DSC-T7, DSC-T3 and DSC-T33.
[1445] - Called a policyholder to assist him in eConnect. But he’s not with his PC at home. So I wrote a manual to assist him in changing the settings.
[1500] - Distiller seems to be giving me problems. It was solved by running the AcroTray program which I disabled.
[1530] - StaffNet seem to be down. Choon Hong restarted the OC4J_Portal container to resuscitate it again.
[1600] - First flaw found in Laszlo. It cannot perform file upload.
[1900] - Met with Yeo and Kit for dinner at Waraku Japanese Restaurant. Kit will be late.
[1920] - Kit arrived. By now, Yeo & I have finished our dinner and had 4 Asahis at $6.80 each.
[2000] - Kit finished his dinner and we decide to go Double O for pool. Yeo paid for the dinner because there's a discount for Citibank Credit Cards.
[2005] - Managed to get onto a red London Cab. This is the 2nd time in my life on a London Cab. First time was on my way to NUS Gradball 2000. For Yeo, this is his first time.
[2030] - Got a table and started playing pool. Yeo had a Sony PSP with a golf game in it. So whoever wasn't playing pool will have no lack of entertainment.
[2100] - Kit broke. No balls went in. My turn at the table. Almost cleared table. Just that I missed an easy shot on the 8th.
[2130] - Ling called to ask me how to fill up the immigration form.
[2240] - We leave the place. Yeo used his free hours and finally got his membership card. It will expire in Jan 2006.
[2300] - Kit got on the cab to Silat Road while Yeo and I took 32 to Commonwealth MRT.
[2317] - Yeo got onto the train while I took 970 home.
Heavy rains lashing against the office windows. It would be my last day of work before I go of to Penang for the 1 week photo-taking. Having some kind of ORD mood.
[1014] - Office
CCK Marble must be using some super high-tech unknown software to create the draft in .jpg format! It is actually a company policy to keep it a secret. The whole thing looks suscipiciously done in either Photoshop or Microsoft Word. Maybe they are using Microsoft’s latest release called MS Columbarium Plaque beta0.9.
[1108] - Office
With the internet and google, the world seem to have grown smaller. It is really information at your fingertips. I learn something new everyday.
[1620] - Office
Today has been more productive than yesterday. Plucked up the courage to do some Customer Service work. Calling 2 policy holders who cannot access e-Connect. One of them is not at his PC at home. As for the other. The wife answered. I decided to send both of them an email to save the trouble of trouble-shooting over the phone. Where should we go tonight? Going to meet Yeo & Kit for dinner. Need to meet some girls for some balance. I’ve met no one but guys for the last few times I went out. Going to be mistaken for a gay soon.
LOG
[0800] - Notice a girl my age smoking away at the bus stop. Back view looks nice. Front view is unknown.
[0810] - Purposely waited for 970, allowing 174 to pass by.
[0815] - Smoker girl boards 970 with me. Front view still passable.
[0910] - Choa Chu Kang Marble called while I was walking towards office. Mummy wanted Tien Yen’s name to be bigger, but they were not sure whether Mummy was refering to the English, Chinese name or both.
[0915] - Stephen’s camera has been lent to someone else. Looks like I’ll have to get my own.
[0935] - Stella replied my email. She’ll be back from Copenhagen next week.
[0945] - More cases of emails being matched to the wrong persons in Greatbase. I’ve sent those cases to Tang Seng to verify.
[0950] - Brent is back. So Dharmesh and I sent him some data to load into OID on our behalf.
[1007] - Willie and Wan Ting comes over to verify MQ issues. I’m also slightly confused by it. Actually, after FPMS is up, there is no need for them to access LiG data through MQ, their system can query from the MQ hub directly.
[1011] - Mummy confirms that only the Chinese name needs to be enlarged together with the 5 words at the bottom. I relay the request to CCK Marble. I asked them what software did they use. They said that it is a company policy not to divulge the software they are using.
[1030] - Going through the addresses of embassies in Singapore. Quite curious about which country the embassy belongs to along Cluny Park Road. Googling only yielded the French Embassy beside Da Paulo. The nearest one is the Romanian Embassy near Farrer Road.
[1035] - Japanese Embassy is at Nassim Road. Wonder if there was stepped up police presence there during the Chinese protests a couple of months ago.
[1050] - Found out that GE Chairman is actually the Honourary Consul-General for Luxumbourg and the Consulate-General of Luxumbourg’s address is on the 16th floor of the very same building that I worked in.
[1100] - The Greek Consulate-General is actually at Sime Darby building. Next to where I live.
[1104] - Deployed wowsit for Mon.
[1125] - Jega called. There’s a freelance job for me. An integration project between Laszlo front end and a j2ee software at the back end. Laszlo is a development tool in which developers write the code in XML. The Laszlo engine will then generate flash files dynamically on-the-fly using the xml files as a parameters.
[1127] - Lina from CCK Marble called again to say that she has sent me another draft. But based on Gmails’s ‘efficiency’ these days. I won’t expect it to arrive for at least 1-2 hours.
[1130] - Gave Tiger a call. Suddenly thought of him when I am thinking of places where I can buy the Sony Digital Camera. He told me to give him the model number so that he can quote me a price.
[1145] - Looked more deeply into Laszlo’s development model. Quite interesting it is like an advanced form of html. There are even examples on how to post data to a jsp page and retrieve data from a jsp page.
[1300] - Bought Fried Kway Teow for lunch. Waited almost 20 minutes.
[1330] - Continued to try the Coffee that Yeo bought from Vietnam.
[1400] - Messaged Tiger for a quote on DSC-T7, DSC-T3 and DSC-T33.
[1445] - Called a policyholder to assist him in eConnect. But he’s not with his PC at home. So I wrote a manual to assist him in changing the settings.
[1500] - Distiller seems to be giving me problems. It was solved by running the AcroTray program which I disabled.
[1530] - StaffNet seem to be down. Choon Hong restarted the OC4J_Portal container to resuscitate it again.
[1600] - First flaw found in Laszlo. It cannot perform file upload.
[1900] - Met with Yeo and Kit for dinner at Waraku Japanese Restaurant. Kit will be late.
[1920] - Kit arrived. By now, Yeo & I have finished our dinner and had 4 Asahis at $6.80 each.
[2000] - Kit finished his dinner and we decide to go Double O for pool. Yeo paid for the dinner because there's a discount for Citibank Credit Cards.
[2005] - Managed to get onto a red London Cab. This is the 2nd time in my life on a London Cab. First time was on my way to NUS Gradball 2000. For Yeo, this is his first time.
[2030] - Got a table and started playing pool. Yeo had a Sony PSP with a golf game in it. So whoever wasn't playing pool will have no lack of entertainment.
[2100] - Kit broke. No balls went in. My turn at the table. Almost cleared table. Just that I missed an easy shot on the 8th.
[2130] - Ling called to ask me how to fill up the immigration form.
[2240] - We leave the place. Yeo used his free hours and finally got his membership card. It will expire in Jan 2006.
[2300] - Kit got on the cab to Silat Road while Yeo and I took 32 to Commonwealth MRT.
[2317] - Yeo got onto the train while I took 970 home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home