[2005 06 03] - [Fri]
[1555] - Home
Unleashed
Watched ‘Unleashed’ on my laptop, which I downloaded from the movie server. It is actually in Chinese. Therefore I could understand the movie better. It’s about a fighter (Jet Li), who assist a debt collector in intimidating those who refuse to return the money. He has a leash which is put on or removed by the debt collector (Danny Devito) himself. The show try to potray Jet Li as a ‘Danny the Dog’. After Danny Devito was injured in a car crash, Jet Li escaped and stumbled on to some blind man’s house. The blind man had an step daughter and they showed him what is home and the warmth of family. All seem to go well after the daughter managed to take the leash off Jet Li. But the Danny Devito came back for Jet Li and forced him to fight in underground battles. This time Jet Li, more sure of his identity, demanded to know who his Mother was. Danny Devito replied that his mother was a prostitute. Somehow, Jet Li escaped and went back to the blind man’s house. While the blind man’s step daughter played something from Mozart, Jet Li suddenly remembered what happened to his mother. She was actually killed by Danny Devito. Just then, he came with an army of guns and a sword-fighting exponent. They fight. Every bad guy gets killed except the head. Blind man and daughter tried to stop Jet Li from killing Danny Devito, while the latter is egging Jet Li to kill him. In the end, Danny Devito got killed by a flower pot blow from the blind man because the blind man couldn’t stand the taunts.
This morning
I’m on leave to day. So I slept all the way until 7:45 am before going downstairs for breakfast. Watched episodes 12, 13 & 14 of Beck. Plan is to cycle to Sixth Avenue to post letter for Mummy before detouring to Jalan Jurong Kechil to get my brakes fixed by the bicycle shop there. The tyre burst again. Feeling sick, I pushed the bike in a half-hour walk all the way to Jalan Jurong Kechil. They changed the tubing for another $5 (discount of $1). The shop people told me that the rims are no good. But I can still use it because a new rim will cost around $100 - $200. They said that next time, I should get a better bike, maybe something in the range of $300 - $400. I will save in terms of repair costs. Of course I will not change bikes at the moment. Maybe until this one breaks down again. After the bike was fixed, I went to Sixth Avenue Post Office straight to help Mummy send a letter to Australia. Paid the 70c in 10c coins as I want to get rid of those coins. I then went Giant @ Turf City to look for electric cooker. But there seemed to be none. Ling called and I arranged to meet her for Lunch at Science Park.
Lunch
It took 40 - 45 minutes to cycle to Science Park. Hui Juan and Suh Yi joined us for lunch. We went to the food court at Cintech I. I had Zha4 Jiang4 Mian4 for lunch. Taste is not bad. But at $3.50, this is not what I want to eat everyday. Ling passed me her pay cheque. Ling’s and her colleagues’ lunch hour is from 1 pm to 2 pm exactly. So I bade farewell to them and cycled home. I stopped at the Post Office along Sixth Avenue to borrow pen. Reason is to write Ling’s account number on her cheque. I then went to Bt Timah Plaza to deposit the cheque. Efficient huh?
Lemon Tea
Before home, I stopped by the Hup Choon Coffeeshop near Caltex for 2 couple of Ice Lemon Teas. Feeling really thirsty after all the cycling.
[2000] - Crystal Jade @ Scotts
Cycled down, parked my bike at York Hotel and met Yong Boon and Laval for dinner at Crystal Jade. Jian’s wedding will be tomorrow. So I won’t want to eatc so much. Ling tole me to try the Tom Yum La Mian coz she read it on someone’s blog saying that it’s nice. I tried to order Tom Yum La Mian and the waiteress said that they do not have. The closest thing they have is the sour and spicy La Mian. It did not perform to expectations though. Of course I ordered the Cai Rou Wun Tun Soup as well as my favourite Ma Po Doufu. Yong Boon and Laval are looking to do their MBAs. Yong Boon might take a $20k grant from NCS as they have a 1-year bond for each $20k. The total cost of the MBA might be $33k. Bill for Crystal Jade was $60+.
[2030] - Burger King @ Far East
Dennis joinied us at 8 pm. He is now with CSIT. He had Burger King for dinner as we have already left Crystal Jade when he came. We will be going to Thumper later. The last time Laval and Yong Boon came at 11+. It was packed and there was a long queue.
[2100] - Thumper
First impressions of Thumper is that it is small. Their happy hours end at 9 pm. During Happy Hours, there’s no cover charge and drinks are at 20% off the normal price. We wanted to sit at the tables, but it is all ‘reserved’. So the waiter created a table for us right in front of the dance floor area. We ordered 2 jars of Long Island Tea at $48 each. I don’t intend to actually drink. So I ordered a glass of plain water and kept refilling it at the bar. There are lots of beautiful people around. For the guys, it is mostly people my age or older. The age limit says 28 for guys and 23 for ladies. This is a big-time yuppy place. Oldies music were coming out of the speakers. I truly enjoyed the music. Upon further enquiries, I gathered that there’s going to be a ‘live’ band performance at 10+. There’s this lady who sits wit her back straight and drinks Red Wine. An Uncle is trying to pick her up.
[2230] - Thumper
Do you know what Thumper is named after? Just watch ‘Bambi’. The cartoon with the deer and the forest animals. ‘Thumper’ is the name of the deer’s best friend. It is a rabbit. I got a memory jog after I saw the rebbit being used as a logo. By now, the place is getting crowded. I would stay for the ‘live’ band and leave as I do not like ‘live’ bands and I have to wake up by 6 am tomorrow morning for Jian’s wedding. The place is getting more crowded with Beautiful People. There are people coming to the sofas now. I see two fat middle-aged guys with a bevy of young girls at one of those sofas.
[2330] - Thumper
Live Band came on at 10:45 pm. It’s a 6-man band. One keyboardist. 2 on vocals. 1 bassist. 1 guitarist. 1 drummer. One of the vocals look like Idris but a more agile and dancaeble version. The bassist look a little like San. They are actually not bad. The songs they chose are good and they are able to work the crowd. The transition from band to dance floor is magnificently done. They would sing very dancaeble songs and pull people to the dance floor one by one. By now, I have already exceeded the original time of 11 pm. I didn’t know I could enjoy myself this much by drinking only plain water. Even a night with Laval, Yong Boon and Dennis is happening as I thought they are usually quite reserved.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home