[2005 05 28] - [Sat]
[0953] - Home
Work
Finally completed the ‘Claims’ portion for LiG-FPMS Integration! I even got the email enquiry page working. I guess that’s quite an achievement for a Friday afternoon.
Bao Bao
Yeo is also going back to camp next Monday. So he can drink all he wants on Sunday night. Bloody hell.
‘Chain & Temporary Smokers Network’
CTSN came down to borrow lighter. She is disapointed that Junxu mistook her for a smoker. I also said that she looks like a smoker. Maybe because of the dyed and rebonded hair. But it is just stereotyping on my part.
FF Party
Invited Andy along after I gave him my ticket. Yeo told me that members need to use the tickets to enter. Stephen, Gen, Andy & I arrived at 6:55 pm. There was 1 beer coupon for each person. We were also given goodie bags. Showed them around Fitness First. We were also talking about work. The beer didn’t start until 7:30 pm to 7:45 pm. After I got my first beer from Brewerkz, I tried to con my way through and I succeeded. I simply told the guy that the counter has run out of beer coupons. He bought my story anyway. Maybe because they were prepared to give free flow beer anyway. The food finally opened at 8 pm after the Lion Dance. Plastic (washable) plates were used and it was disappointing to see the caterer throw the plates away. I expected those plates to be washed. The Salmon and Spaghetti were wonderful. I helped myself to several helpings. We left at 9 pm. By the time I’ve already downed 4 cups of Beer. The heat was getting unbearable.
Kiat
Kiat rang me when I went back office to pack my stuff. Will meet him at the coffee shop near my place later. We saw that Tang Seng is still at his desk, going to watch ‘Madagascar’ later at 11 pm. I should have dragged Tang Seng along since FF was giving out free tickets at the door. Once I reached the coffeeshop, Kiat ordered a $9 Guiness Stout. It wasn’t my choice obviously. He nearly landed a job. But he was only offered $250 for video editing. So he didn’t want to take a job. The person who nearly hired him actually lived in Maplewoords. A 40-yr-old guy who took time out to make a movie. Took a walk along Sian Tuan Avenue and then Hua Guan Avenue. We passed by Wilson’s house. Mistook his sister’s boyfriend for him. Going further down, we saw this ‘old-school’ letter box. The house was still under construction. Kiat said that it used to be Kwang How’s place. The name didn’t ring a bell. Once he said the surname is ‘Mok’. I had a clearer picture. This guy used to play soccer with us. But I still can’t remember the face. By then, we were all tired and we decided to call it a night. Will be meeting Kiat on Sunday to swim at Maplewoods anyway. Although it wasn’t a night of inactivity, I got to bed clean (bathe) by midnight.
Morning
Had a good 8.5 hours of sleep. That means I woke up at 8:30 am. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast. The first thing in the newspapers was that ERP is going to be introduced to Orchard Rd as well as CTE northbound during the evenings. Of course the newspaper interviewed people who whined about it. It doesn’t really affect me as I cycle to where I want to go. Of course with the weather giving me permission. The measure might just direct the traffic to other roads and there will of course be congestion. There is no silver bullet to solve this problem.The heartland malls have already moved a lot of traffic away from Orchard Road. But town area is still a popular meeting place because of its central location.
Plans for the day
Ling said that the Claypot Laksa at Alexandra Village is very good. Will be going down to try it with her. So it looks like Daddy and Granny will take lunch alone. As for the afternoon, not very sure what to do too. May end up watching TV all day.
Things coming up
Mei’s O-Level Chinese is on Monday. Hope that she at least can do better than me. Could see that for her standard, she is trying hard for it. There’s also Jian Hui’s wedding on 4 June as well as Kit’s big day on 16 Jun. I’m already prepared to take half day on 3 Jun & 15 Jun. Full day on 16 and 17 Jun. Also intend to dye my hair on 15 Jun. There’s also this ‘Transition to GE Manager’ course from 9 to 10 Jun. It is at Rendezvous Hotel and buffet lunch will be provided. After mid-June, it would be a dread to go to work as a lot of people will not be around. Stephen will most probably be with his new-born baby. Tang Seng will be away on reservist. That means all the LiG-FPMS and LiG 10G migration matters will be routed to me first.
Work
Finally completed the ‘Claims’ portion for LiG-FPMS Integration! I even got the email enquiry page working. I guess that’s quite an achievement for a Friday afternoon.
Bao Bao
Yeo is also going back to camp next Monday. So he can drink all he wants on Sunday night. Bloody hell.
‘Chain & Temporary Smokers Network’
CTSN came down to borrow lighter. She is disapointed that Junxu mistook her for a smoker. I also said that she looks like a smoker. Maybe because of the dyed and rebonded hair. But it is just stereotyping on my part.
FF Party
Invited Andy along after I gave him my ticket. Yeo told me that members need to use the tickets to enter. Stephen, Gen, Andy & I arrived at 6:55 pm. There was 1 beer coupon for each person. We were also given goodie bags. Showed them around Fitness First. We were also talking about work. The beer didn’t start until 7:30 pm to 7:45 pm. After I got my first beer from Brewerkz, I tried to con my way through and I succeeded. I simply told the guy that the counter has run out of beer coupons. He bought my story anyway. Maybe because they were prepared to give free flow beer anyway. The food finally opened at 8 pm after the Lion Dance. Plastic (washable) plates were used and it was disappointing to see the caterer throw the plates away. I expected those plates to be washed. The Salmon and Spaghetti were wonderful. I helped myself to several helpings. We left at 9 pm. By the time I’ve already downed 4 cups of Beer. The heat was getting unbearable.
Kiat
Kiat rang me when I went back office to pack my stuff. Will meet him at the coffee shop near my place later. We saw that Tang Seng is still at his desk, going to watch ‘Madagascar’ later at 11 pm. I should have dragged Tang Seng along since FF was giving out free tickets at the door. Once I reached the coffeeshop, Kiat ordered a $9 Guiness Stout. It wasn’t my choice obviously. He nearly landed a job. But he was only offered $250 for video editing. So he didn’t want to take a job. The person who nearly hired him actually lived in Maplewoords. A 40-yr-old guy who took time out to make a movie. Took a walk along Sian Tuan Avenue and then Hua Guan Avenue. We passed by Wilson’s house. Mistook his sister’s boyfriend for him. Going further down, we saw this ‘old-school’ letter box. The house was still under construction. Kiat said that it used to be Kwang How’s place. The name didn’t ring a bell. Once he said the surname is ‘Mok’. I had a clearer picture. This guy used to play soccer with us. But I still can’t remember the face. By then, we were all tired and we decided to call it a night. Will be meeting Kiat on Sunday to swim at Maplewoods anyway. Although it wasn’t a night of inactivity, I got to bed clean (bathe) by midnight.
Morning
Had a good 8.5 hours of sleep. That means I woke up at 8:30 am. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast. The first thing in the newspapers was that ERP is going to be introduced to Orchard Rd as well as CTE northbound during the evenings. Of course the newspaper interviewed people who whined about it. It doesn’t really affect me as I cycle to where I want to go. Of course with the weather giving me permission. The measure might just direct the traffic to other roads and there will of course be congestion. There is no silver bullet to solve this problem.The heartland malls have already moved a lot of traffic away from Orchard Road. But town area is still a popular meeting place because of its central location.
Plans for the day
Ling said that the Claypot Laksa at Alexandra Village is very good. Will be going down to try it with her. So it looks like Daddy and Granny will take lunch alone. As for the afternoon, not very sure what to do too. May end up watching TV all day.
Things coming up
Mei’s O-Level Chinese is on Monday. Hope that she at least can do better than me. Could see that for her standard, she is trying hard for it. There’s also Jian Hui’s wedding on 4 June as well as Kit’s big day on 16 Jun. I’m already prepared to take half day on 3 Jun & 15 Jun. Full day on 16 and 17 Jun. Also intend to dye my hair on 15 Jun. There’s also this ‘Transition to GE Manager’ course from 9 to 10 Jun. It is at Rendezvous Hotel and buffet lunch will be provided. After mid-June, it would be a dread to go to work as a lot of people will not be around. Stephen will most probably be with his new-born baby. Tang Seng will be away on reservist. That means all the LiG-FPMS and LiG 10G migration matters will be routed to me first.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home