[2005 05 31] - [Tue]
[0926] - Desk
Badminton …
… was quite good last night. At least I managed to hold my own against older and more experienced opponents before succumbing to the inevitable defeat. I tried to straighten my back when I played. And move my body more to meet the shuttle. It actually works better for me.
This morning
Daxin just got his PR. Congrats to him man. Alex just asked about template for resignation letter. Is he resigning?
[1004] - Desk
Short and sweet resignation letter suggested by Val.
I hereby tender my resignation and dun wish to see any of u anymore.
May u all go to hell,
Alex Ang
[1049] - Desk
Musings at work
Xinhui is working on SmartSell. Everyone else is working on FPMS. Just uploaded the cab file of flash to StaffNet. Hopefully, those without proxy access can now view flash files on their workstations. Andy just asked about Kit’s bachelor’s night. Don’t really know what to say to him. We can’t really say that the night has been cancelled right? So we just wait and see. At most we just meet for some low-key, low-cost supper. I’m actually reading the Christian Marriage Preparation Programme notes from Aunt Soh Bian. Since she made the effort to prepare it and give it to me. I should make the effort to read it. Wonder whether Ling went to visit the ‘famous’ unit at Blk 42 or not. EMS got error. Found out that the DB user name and passwords are hard-coded again.
[1118] - Desk
Wilson just messaged. He is going to have a party for his son’s first month. He says he’s going to invite 30-40 people. If it’s a strangers’ party again. I’ll just give it a miss and celebrate with him another day.
[1217] - Desk
Wilson has invited Laval over. That’s good. At least will have people to talk to. Ling just sent some Maths questions over. Not sure if she is testing me or she really don’t know how to do. Will be meeting KT at 2 pm to talk about HR requirements.
[1940] - Home
Meeting with KT
Around 2 pm, met KT together with Stephen and Tang Seng to talk about our current projects. The meeting was called because HR has requested for an e-Recruitment system and KT wants to see if we have the resources to do it. After the discussion, KT left and the 3 of us stayed behind to do some charting and analysis.
Kit...
... came down to MoM to perform some work-related stuff. We went Naxos for some Kilkenny. Since Andy has already offered to help. It would be very bad to turn him down. The Kilkenny came at supermarket price. I guess it is obvious coz we were the only customers around and there were a few staff hanging around and doing nothing. I took him to try the Maggi Goreng near Ya Kun. My reputation got hit as the Maggi Goreng turned out to be under cooked.
Drinks
Edwin called for drinks. But I can't meet him tonight. So gotta postpone it.
Bicycle
On the way home, saw that the tyre is getting flat. Need to borrow the adapter from Bin. A quick called quashed any hopes as he has already lost it. I can only hope that Kiat still have one lying around.
[2330] - Hua Guan Estate
Kiat
2nd uncle is still home. Called Kiat at 10 pm. He's still eating. Decided to to coffee shop first and call Ling on the way. Complained to Ling about 2nd uncle's presence. The coffee shop seem to be closing. But the staff or boss readily accomodated me when I ordered a bottle of Barons. Kiat arrived at 10:15 pm. We shared the bottle Barons. He is going to NTU to shoot some events at 3pm. That means he can't meet me this Friday. He told me about this shop in Beauty World Shopping Centre that sells retro items. Items of particular interest to me is the retro phone. It would look fantastic in my office. There was also this giant Mango Tree with 200-300 mangoes on the ground. And the tree is growing untended. I can't believe Sg still have such trees. We then took a walk along Sian Tuan Avenue. The letter box at 37 Sian Tuan Avenue has been replaced by a tacky-looking plastic one. There's also this house at 91 Hua Guan Ave that is very old. It has many old letter boxes. I can't believe Kiat & I are walking around and looking at letter boxes. We also saw this bench at the loop junction near the end of Hua Guan Avenue. We wanted to take it somewhere else. But it was chained to a road sign. We sat on the bench. From where we sat, we could see almost the entire inner half of Hua Guan Avenue because the bench was situated at the top of the hill. It's probably placed there by one of the residents.
Badminton …
… was quite good last night. At least I managed to hold my own against older and more experienced opponents before succumbing to the inevitable defeat. I tried to straighten my back when I played. And move my body more to meet the shuttle. It actually works better for me.
This morning
Daxin just got his PR. Congrats to him man. Alex just asked about template for resignation letter. Is he resigning?
[1004] - Desk
Short and sweet resignation letter suggested by Val.
I hereby tender my resignation and dun wish to see any of u anymore.
May u all go to hell,
Alex Ang
[1049] - Desk
Musings at work
Xinhui is working on SmartSell. Everyone else is working on FPMS. Just uploaded the cab file of flash to StaffNet. Hopefully, those without proxy access can now view flash files on their workstations. Andy just asked about Kit’s bachelor’s night. Don’t really know what to say to him. We can’t really say that the night has been cancelled right? So we just wait and see. At most we just meet for some low-key, low-cost supper. I’m actually reading the Christian Marriage Preparation Programme notes from Aunt Soh Bian. Since she made the effort to prepare it and give it to me. I should make the effort to read it. Wonder whether Ling went to visit the ‘famous’ unit at Blk 42 or not. EMS got error. Found out that the DB user name and passwords are hard-coded again.
[1118] - Desk
Wilson just messaged. He is going to have a party for his son’s first month. He says he’s going to invite 30-40 people. If it’s a strangers’ party again. I’ll just give it a miss and celebrate with him another day.
[1217] - Desk
Wilson has invited Laval over. That’s good. At least will have people to talk to. Ling just sent some Maths questions over. Not sure if she is testing me or she really don’t know how to do. Will be meeting KT at 2 pm to talk about HR requirements.
[1940] - Home
Meeting with KT
Around 2 pm, met KT together with Stephen and Tang Seng to talk about our current projects. The meeting was called because HR has requested for an e-Recruitment system and KT wants to see if we have the resources to do it. After the discussion, KT left and the 3 of us stayed behind to do some charting and analysis.
Kit...
... came down to MoM to perform some work-related stuff. We went Naxos for some Kilkenny. Since Andy has already offered to help. It would be very bad to turn him down. The Kilkenny came at supermarket price. I guess it is obvious coz we were the only customers around and there were a few staff hanging around and doing nothing. I took him to try the Maggi Goreng near Ya Kun. My reputation got hit as the Maggi Goreng turned out to be under cooked.
Drinks
Edwin called for drinks. But I can't meet him tonight. So gotta postpone it.
Bicycle
On the way home, saw that the tyre is getting flat. Need to borrow the adapter from Bin. A quick called quashed any hopes as he has already lost it. I can only hope that Kiat still have one lying around.
[2330] - Hua Guan Estate
Kiat
2nd uncle is still home. Called Kiat at 10 pm. He's still eating. Decided to to coffee shop first and call Ling on the way. Complained to Ling about 2nd uncle's presence. The coffee shop seem to be closing. But the staff or boss readily accomodated me when I ordered a bottle of Barons. Kiat arrived at 10:15 pm. We shared the bottle Barons. He is going to NTU to shoot some events at 3pm. That means he can't meet me this Friday. He told me about this shop in Beauty World Shopping Centre that sells retro items. Items of particular interest to me is the retro phone. It would look fantastic in my office. There was also this giant Mango Tree with 200-300 mangoes on the ground. And the tree is growing untended. I can't believe Sg still have such trees. We then took a walk along Sian Tuan Avenue. The letter box at 37 Sian Tuan Avenue has been replaced by a tacky-looking plastic one. There's also this house at 91 Hua Guan Ave that is very old. It has many old letter boxes. I can't believe Kiat & I are walking around and looking at letter boxes. We also saw this bench at the loop junction near the end of Hua Guan Avenue. We wanted to take it somewhere else. But it was chained to a road sign. We sat on the bench. From where we sat, we could see almost the entire inner half of Hua Guan Avenue because the bench was situated at the top of the hill. It's probably placed there by one of the residents.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home