Sunday, May 29, 2005

[2005 05 29] - [Sun]

[0951] - Home
Beck
Watched the 5th episode of Beck. There's still 21 episodes to go. Dunno how long it will take.
Ling
Cycled down to her house. She was lazing around when I arrived at 11:45 am. Lazing around is contagious. So I also lazed around with her until 1 pm. Ling's Mum left some You Tiao for me. I was eating it as we waited for a bus to take us down to Alexandra Village for Claypot Laksa. 51 finally came. There was already a long queue there. Ling came here the day before with her colleagues. The laksa was indeed in a Claypot. It is available in the following amounts. $3, $4 or $5. Naturally I asked for no cockles and Tou Gay. Out of kindness, the stallholders gave me one big fat prawn. Which I gave it to Ling as soon as I could. The taste is almost comparable to my favourite Laksa at Bt Timah Plaza. I think it is good enough to share the number 1 spot with the one at Bt Timah Plaza. I even witnessed some fellow-addicts going back to the stall for more gravy. Upon asking, the stallholders revealed that they will close once the Laksa is sold out. It may be 2pm. Or even as early as 12 +. We saw it ourselves when it closed just as we were finishing it. Got myself and Ling an 80c packet of Sugar Cane as we were feeling spicy internally and hot externally (weather). Ling & I then crossed the road to Queensway Shopping Centre. There was some window shopping done. When we reached the top floor, Ling showed me the shop where she bought my first birthday present. Nostalgia! I also showed her the shop where I bound my Honours Year Project report. We went into a sports apparel shop. Noticed that the expensive items are usually hung from the hangers while the cheap items are usually folded into a pile. A pair of shorts caught my eye from the pile. I chose size XL though Ling felt that size L is better. Paid for it at $12.60. Went Cold Storage @ Anchorpoint to buy fresh milk and newspapers. We might cook cabonara for dinner later. I bathed again when we went back to her home. The weather was unbearably hot. I actually watched Zhen Qing. The story is now on the Dr Luo and Lisheng. I think Zhen Qing is watchable because you can easily go into the story even if you didn’t watch the previous few episodes. Was reading the Straits Times as well. The Saturday issue usually have a lot of commentaries. Some of the issues discussed were the rise of Credit Cards and the China-Japan problem. The Credit Card issue already took a few pages. Ling’s Mum cooked curry for dinner. So our Cabonara plans have to be put on hold for at least 2 weeks. The curry was too spicy for her. So she went to get some Durians to eat with the remaining rice. After Tian Long Ba Bu, watched Feng Yun. By the time I reached home it was already 1+.
This morning
Mummy cooked the instant Spaghetti for breakfast. Granny had some remaining instant noodles for me also. So one can say that I’m well fed this morning.
[1108] - Office
Decided to bring my shoes and Laptop to office. I know that it would be quite physically to cycle to work tomorrow with my shoes, laptop and badminton racket after Kit’s Bachelor’s night. Still not sure if Andy will turn up. By now it doesn’t matter anymore as he is starting to become a stranger to me. Still not sure whether to take lunch or not. I’ve had a heavy breakfast. I think I’ll just skip lunch and meet Kiat for the swim at Maplewoods. Going to watch the 6th episode of Beck now before going back to church.
[1222] - Church
Sometimes I wish I was back as an innocent teenager when I experience a lot of things for the first time. There were so many things to look forward to then. Of course we whined about not having power, knowledge, experience or money then. Now that we've power, knowledge, experience or money, there are less and less things that we look forward to. Our expectations become higher and higher. Unhappiness, loss & unsatisfaction are therefore necessary in this world. There's this human tendency to get bored of everything. Sometimes, we even get bored of success and we unwittingly shoot ourselves in the foor.
[1358] - Home
Lunch...
...was at Toa Payoh Lor 8. Mummy ordered Minced Meat Noodles for all of us except Mei, who ordered Nasi Lemak. The noodles' quality is similar to the stall at Bedok. But it is still ranked below Queenstown and Bedok. Ordered Carrot Cake later. But it is totally unecessary.
Transport to Dempsey Road...
... will be provided by Yeo. Who offered to drive there. That means there will be one less drinker.
Heavy rains...
... all over the place. Swimming plans with Kiat are scuttered. While driving back, I've never seen the Bt Timah canal outside my house so filled up in my whole. Not even during the flood-prone days of the eighties. I wished I had a picture. But I was driving and didn't wish to end up in the drain.
[1551] - Home
Slept in my swimming trunks...
... from 2 to 4 pm. It actually felt comfortable.
As for the Bachelor's Party,...
... I hope that I can make it. Yeo says that he will be here at 4:30 pm.
Next Door Neighbour's (Poh) Golden Retriever...
... got an unexpected visitor today. Poh's friend. He came to feed & clean the dog. Wonder where the whole family is. Both cars are not around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home