Tuesday, November 28, 2006

20061128 - Tue

1123 - Desk
Just started the installation for OID @ our PoC server. It complained about certain OS paramaters not being set correctly. Had to modify those files under /proc/sys. Thankfully, I didn't have to reboot the PC and the installation could go ahead. I'll try to complete the installation by tomorrow.

1441 - Desk - iOracle Problem
TS highlighted to me that there was an error before lunch. Went up to look @ the error. It was some linking error. After some red herrings involving setting the ORACLE_HOME (This is taken care of by root.sh), I managed to nail it. The Linux that I installed came with gcc 3.2.3. I need to point some makefiles to use /usr/bin/gcc296 instead. It didn't complain after I made the switch.

1448 - Desk - Lunch today
Asked Dharmesh to buy from Dev's Corner. I've not eaten food from there since last week. Have been on my scrimp and save mode recently. This means buying the $2 MVR instead. But since I swam 10 laps of freestyle before lunch, I shall reward myself a little. Lunch group is quite small today. No A. No C. Xis on long leave. Only lady is V.

1450 - Desk - Mapling last night
L played A******899. L brought Ling & I deep into the dungeon to see Tauromacis. It's some Level 70 monster. She then gave us a scroll each to return to Sleepywood. We then went Elinia to kill Lupins. My character so useless. Can't even touch the Zombie Lupin. Lsaid that my character should be killing simple monsters. After Ling left, I told her that I was going to kill SIMPLE monsters. Lthought that I was angry w her. Hahahaha. Serve her right. For warriors, the disadvantage is that we can't kill from a distance. But we got lots of HP and we can kick some ass without Mana Points.

1453 - Desk - Happy Hour @ Fluid
I think it's quite an improbable event that A, M, EY & I would be drinking @ Fluid last night. My original plan was to play badminton. M' original plan was to finish his ITOM Minutes. I decided not to play badminton. The thought of walking into the NUS Bukit Timah Campus was off-putting enough. I asked M for dinner and drinks. He agreed. At the same time, EY also asked if any of us wanted a drink. We met A @ the corridor and asked him along. So the 4 of us are on our way to happy hour. Went upstairs coz there's a pool table. I think the waiteress would have got a D in Marketing. If she was assessed by me. I ordered a jug of beer. It was only after ordering that I realised that there was a Happy Hour 1-for-1 promotion for Pints. I think anyone waitress with a brain would have suggested that we order the pints instead. Played some pool. A & M left early. EY & I left around 8+ pm. Went to the Indian Food stall opposite Khazbar. I had Maggi Goreng while Eng Yeow tried out the Mee Goreng.

1510 - Desk - Honey
Song Jing just gave me some honey to try. For the first time in a long time I managed to find a use for the Kilkenny Cup sitting on my table. I'm quite amazed that the honey mixed quite well with the cold water from the pantry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home