Wednesday, November 15, 2006

20061115 - Wed

0852 - Bus 970 to work
Yesterday
Played Maple and levelled to 40+%. Was supposed to jog w K. But he had a friend. So alcohol replaced jogging. Went Kiat's home. He had a friend there. She's born in 82 and she stays @ 151B. Incredibly, she's also from Nanyang & ACJC. K then revealed that he's used to stay @ Farrer Court too. He was from 151G. I can remember my days @ 151C before we moved to Hua Guan Avenue in 1985. Brought a bottle of Greygoose along. But only Kiat & I drank. K's friend left at around 10 pm. She wasn't feeling well. Kiat converted his room into a discotheque. He started playing those cheesy 80s music and danced in a cheesy way. Later we challenged each other to crunches and push-ups. Even challenged each other to leg crosses. It was real adhoc fun! Saw the pics taken @ Maplewoods in Jan 2002. Told K to send them to me. On a more serious note, he'll get the DVD ready on Thursday. Couldn't find my wedding album @ his place. It's probably @ his Mum's room. Noticed that Mei didn't close her wardrobe.
Today
Woke up @ 6 am. It's at the 90th minute and Australia is still tied 1-1 w Ghana. Looks like I'll have to double my bet to $40. Actually dreamt that Australia scored a last minute goal after gg back to sleep. A check again @ 7 am after I really woke up confirmed that it wasn't the case. Had Siew Mai for breakfast. Woke Mei up and asked her to close her wardrobe. Also asked her to return the DVDs for me. Walked to Bukit Timah Plaza DBS to sign some forms. Saw Sok Puea on the way opposite King Albert Park. She stays in Bukit Batok. Told me that she's gg SIM for course. It's strange because she was walking towards Rifle Range Road. It's a direction away from SIM. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long @ DBS. It was only a single signature on a form. Got up 970 @ 8:48 am.

1040 - New desk @ 9th floor
Reached office @ 9:40 am. Really late for work today. Just moved over. Lots of stuff on my desk. Phone worked within 15 minutes after I moved. Network cable is still not working. Koh Wee is very near me. I think less than 5 metres away.

1059 - Desk
Alex fixed the network stuff. I can even keep my IP. Halfway through there was an IP conflict. Just realised that Garry is still using my IP on the 12th floor. There's this printer on my right. I'll have to find out it's IP. If not, I'll not be able to print anything for 2 weeks.

1403 - Desk
Called Alex. He's tentatively okay for next Friday. Though he'll be late as he's still based in Lido. Went Triumph to play pool w K & A. Good to know that there are pool kakis in IT. My score w A was 5-3. My score w K was 1-1. We went back around 2 pm. Stupid air-cond making stupid whistling noise. Filled up my timesheet until 17 Nov.

1838 - Bus 174
Finally solved the Linux problem on PoC OID. We have to install the drivers in the 'non-smp' kernal. For the larger Thinkcentre, the network card is actually from Broadcom instead of Intel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home