Monday, April 17, 2006

20060417 - Mon

[Summary]
Maggi Assam for Breakfast. Followed Mummy to work. Met Calvin for lunch @ the newly renovated Hawker Centre beside OG. Had lousy Carrot Cake for lunch. Passed Calvin the video which I took of all of us way back in 1993. eConnect Printing had major problems today. Finished form_hr_registration.jsp today. Will complete my save_hr_registration.jsp tomorrow. Dinner with Uncle John Man, 三舅, 五舅, 五妗 & Mummy @ No Signboard Restaurant. Fetched Uncle John Man home. Chatted with Kiat on MSN.

[Calvin]
Met Calvin for lunch. We talked about his job. He's actually with Koei. The company that started the Romance of Three Kingdom game. That's cool. He goes to work in his casual attire. He's doing CG for them. But heard from him that the culture is very uptight. Internet surfing is banned. Even the usage of handphones are banned too. I don't think I would like such an environment. Great Eastern is still better. There's a family-oriented culture around and I can have some sort of a work-life balance here.
[eConnect Password printing]
It threw major tantrums today. Simply refused to print by swallowing up the printer ribbon. Called helpdesk. James came down to change the printer head. It still did not oblige. Finally James changed the printer. By then, I had gotten Larry, our 千年老将 to help me with the printer. The printer printed perfectly with the Dot Matrix printer when we did the settings. But somehow it seem to be having a tiff with our eConnect password paper. Exasperated, we approached David Lee. He offered to call helpdesk. From what I know, this eConnect episode is unprecendented. Hopefully, we can get some replacement printer by tomorrow and I can learn how to configure an old school dot matrix printer.
[Dinner w Uncle John Man]
It means alcohol. So 三舅 brought along his XO for everyone. Mummy was at her usual asking everyone except me to drink. The only person who can open up so 三舅 much can only be Uncle John Man. So you can say I enjoyed the dinner even though they all ordered Crab, Sotong & Prawns. Thankfully there was Bean Curd and Mee Goreng as well. The Mee Goreng is exceptional. I've seldom praised Mee Goreng cooked in a Chinese Style. Much less in a seafood restaurant. I must say that it deserve to be their 招牌菜.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home