20060408 - Sat
[Summary]
Woke up @ 9:15 am. Had You Tiao w Porridge for breakfast. Changed light bulb for Mummy's wall light. Went through old photos w Mummy. Drove off in the Red Nissan March. Went back home to get Cash Card. Fetched Ling from home. Went Conrad Centennial for E-Lin's wedding. There was complimentary parking. Parking fee of $3.15 waved. Went Ling's home to fetch Ling's parents. Visited the graves of Ling's Great-Great-Grandfather and Ling's Grandfather @ Choa Chu Kang Cemetery. Her parents chatted with the Grave caretaker for some time. Went Holland V for Dinner. No parking lot. Went Tanglin Halt for dinner instead. Ling's Dad went to join his friends elsewhere. Shared Bee Hoon w Ling before buying MVR for dinner. Went Ling's Home and rested. Went Edwin's place to drink. Edwin talked about his recent trip (2 weeks ago) to Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Yunnnan & Hong Kong. Drank Edwin's Hoegaarden & Cinoc Vodka. Went home @ 12:40 am.
[Chris & E-Lin]
They are actually cousins. Found out when Chris asked me for directions to Conrad Hotel. But Chris won't be going to the wedding, she'll only be dropping her parents there. Looking at their photos again. I think they look a little alike lah.
[E-Lin's Wedding]
According to E-Lin, Poh is supposed to be there, but he didn't turn up. Gwen came with Yixiong. Rae & Pauline came. Those are the only people that I know. As for the wedding lunch, I thought at first that it will only be some stand-up buffet. So I only gave $80 for my red packet. But it turned out to be a ballroom lunch. So I feel a bit pai se that I gave so little. I found the Pastor to be a bit on the loud side. Ling even asked if we need to remind the Pastor that he has a microphone with him. I think the Pastor's volume can put any of those Hungry Ghost MCs to shame. Raymond (E-Lin's husband) had 2 friends who sang and performed. It's very special. I never saw such professional performance from an amateur @ any wedding before. The food was nice. E-Lin said that they got the Laksa because it is reputed to be nice. I should say that the Laksa certainly lived up to its reputation. Ling & I took 1 bowl each even though we were full. The Siew Mai was nice too. I helped myself to 2 rounds of Carrot Cake.
[Graves]
Ling's Grandfather actually followed his Uncle's wife to Singapore. He was brought up by his Uncle. That's why we visited the graves of Ling's Great-Great-Grandfather and Ling's Grandfather. No wonder we didn't visit Ling's Great-Grandfather's grave coz Ling's Grandfather himself doesn't know where he was. Ling's Great-Great-Grandfather's Grave consisted of one small piece of cement @ CCK Cemetery Path 8. No words. He passed away in ths 1910s. Ling's Grandfather's grave @ CCK Cemetery Path 18 was more elaborate. He was from 南安,福建. It is the same type as Ah Kong's grave. The caretaker came to chat with Ling's parents. They seem to recognise each other. He charges Ling's 二伯 $35 per year. They began to talk about Ling's Grandmother. She used to be a strong lady who used to run a business at a tender age of 16 in the 1920s. There was one time where the caretaker was confronted by police @ CCK Cemetery for reasons that I don't know. It might be for illegal touting. My Hokkien comprehension is improving but there's still room for improvement. Ling's grandmother then went to confront the police herself. Saying that she's paying him to clean up her husband's tombstone. What are they confronting her vendor for. The police actually left them alone. I remember Ling's grandmother. But too bad I only came in during the last few years of her life. I could also remember whenever I don't go Ling's house for quite some time, her grandmother would ask about me and ask whether we have broken up. Even when she's blind, she could recognise me by touching my arm and hearing my voice.
[Edwin's Trip w Siew Ling]
They actually went overland from Singapore all the way to Kunming @ $160 per person. It's those kind of trip that I want to be on. But he went with Siew Ling so he probably didn't ask me. They went by train from JB to Kota Bahru. Then took a bus to Rantau Panjang where they walked over to Sungai Golok to take a train to Bangkok. From Bangkok it was a bus to somewhere on the way to Udon Thani. From there, it was buses to Udon Thani & Vientiene. It was buses all the way to the China-Laos border where they took a tuk tuk across. From there, it was buses again to Kunming. He told me of one incident where their bus was stopped by Chinese police. The Chinese policeman was a young boy and he began to ask Edwin about where he worked and what he taught in a boyish curious way. From Kunming, Edwin flew to Hong Kong. He arrived in Hong Kong on the eve of Qing Ming and went with his Aunt the next day to visit the graves. The Qing Ming part wasn't pre-planned.
[Cinoc Vodka]
It's better than Absolut. I would put it on par with '42 Below'. But '42 Below' will win the tie-breaker because of it's higher alcohol content and lower price.
Woke up @ 9:15 am. Had You Tiao w Porridge for breakfast. Changed light bulb for Mummy's wall light. Went through old photos w Mummy. Drove off in the Red Nissan March. Went back home to get Cash Card. Fetched Ling from home. Went Conrad Centennial for E-Lin's wedding. There was complimentary parking. Parking fee of $3.15 waved. Went Ling's home to fetch Ling's parents. Visited the graves of Ling's Great-Great-Grandfather and Ling's Grandfather @ Choa Chu Kang Cemetery. Her parents chatted with the Grave caretaker for some time. Went Holland V for Dinner. No parking lot. Went Tanglin Halt for dinner instead. Ling's Dad went to join his friends elsewhere. Shared Bee Hoon w Ling before buying MVR for dinner. Went Ling's Home and rested. Went Edwin's place to drink. Edwin talked about his recent trip (2 weeks ago) to Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Yunnnan & Hong Kong. Drank Edwin's Hoegaarden & Cinoc Vodka. Went home @ 12:40 am.
[Chris & E-Lin]
They are actually cousins. Found out when Chris asked me for directions to Conrad Hotel. But Chris won't be going to the wedding, she'll only be dropping her parents there. Looking at their photos again. I think they look a little alike lah.
[E-Lin's Wedding]
According to E-Lin, Poh is supposed to be there, but he didn't turn up. Gwen came with Yixiong. Rae & Pauline came. Those are the only people that I know. As for the wedding lunch, I thought at first that it will only be some stand-up buffet. So I only gave $80 for my red packet. But it turned out to be a ballroom lunch. So I feel a bit pai se that I gave so little. I found the Pastor to be a bit on the loud side. Ling even asked if we need to remind the Pastor that he has a microphone with him. I think the Pastor's volume can put any of those Hungry Ghost MCs to shame. Raymond (E-Lin's husband) had 2 friends who sang and performed. It's very special. I never saw such professional performance from an amateur @ any wedding before. The food was nice. E-Lin said that they got the Laksa because it is reputed to be nice. I should say that the Laksa certainly lived up to its reputation. Ling & I took 1 bowl each even though we were full. The Siew Mai was nice too. I helped myself to 2 rounds of Carrot Cake.
[Graves]
Ling's Grandfather actually followed his Uncle's wife to Singapore. He was brought up by his Uncle. That's why we visited the graves of Ling's Great-Great-Grandfather and Ling's Grandfather. No wonder we didn't visit Ling's Great-Grandfather's grave coz Ling's Grandfather himself doesn't know where he was. Ling's Great-Great-Grandfather's Grave consisted of one small piece of cement @ CCK Cemetery Path 8. No words. He passed away in ths 1910s. Ling's Grandfather's grave @ CCK Cemetery Path 18 was more elaborate. He was from 南安,福建. It is the same type as Ah Kong's grave. The caretaker came to chat with Ling's parents. They seem to recognise each other. He charges Ling's 二伯 $35 per year. They began to talk about Ling's Grandmother. She used to be a strong lady who used to run a business at a tender age of 16 in the 1920s. There was one time where the caretaker was confronted by police @ CCK Cemetery for reasons that I don't know. It might be for illegal touting. My Hokkien comprehension is improving but there's still room for improvement. Ling's grandmother then went to confront the police herself. Saying that she's paying him to clean up her husband's tombstone. What are they confronting her vendor for. The police actually left them alone. I remember Ling's grandmother. But too bad I only came in during the last few years of her life. I could also remember whenever I don't go Ling's house for quite some time, her grandmother would ask about me and ask whether we have broken up. Even when she's blind, she could recognise me by touching my arm and hearing my voice.
[Edwin's Trip w Siew Ling]
They actually went overland from Singapore all the way to Kunming @ $160 per person. It's those kind of trip that I want to be on. But he went with Siew Ling so he probably didn't ask me. They went by train from JB to Kota Bahru. Then took a bus to Rantau Panjang where they walked over to Sungai Golok to take a train to Bangkok. From Bangkok it was a bus to somewhere on the way to Udon Thani. From there, it was buses to Udon Thani & Vientiene. It was buses all the way to the China-Laos border where they took a tuk tuk across. From there, it was buses again to Kunming. He told me of one incident where their bus was stopped by Chinese police. The Chinese policeman was a young boy and he began to ask Edwin about where he worked and what he taught in a boyish curious way. From Kunming, Edwin flew to Hong Kong. He arrived in Hong Kong on the eve of Qing Ming and went with his Aunt the next day to visit the graves. The Qing Ming part wasn't pre-planned.
[Cinoc Vodka]
It's better than Absolut. I would put it on par with '42 Below'. But '42 Below' will win the tie-breaker because of it's higher alcohol content and lower price.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home