20060411 - Tue
[Summary]
Woke up @ 7 am. Had Myojo Laksa for breakfast. Followed Mummy to work.Went Fitness First to bathe. Read Singapore Tatler @ Fitness First. Got an article on Lambourghini Gallardo (Ga-Yar-Do). There was heavy rain. So shared umbrella with Belinda back to office. Forgot to switch the locker pass for my membership card. Decided to go back during lunch to switch back. Saw Jian Woei in the lift. He said that eJSR system still runs okay after I archived the old eJSRs. But the speed of the system is still slow. Turned off 'Smart Quotes' & 'Smart Hyphens' on Gloria's Microsoft Word. Helped Boon Choon to combine slides with different templates onto a single file. Changed message for CS Email Contest Submissions with duplicate IC Numbers. Doubled checked with the codes in Forms.java to make sure that the latest email is indeed captured in the database. Went Fitness First @ 10:30 am to get back my membership card. Brought 老干妈 to CommIT. Presented the Tech Watch findings on Wireless Technology during CommIT. Daxin took pictures using Kiat's tripod. Brought 老干妈 to Andy's table so that he'll bring to 11th floor pantry. Took food from CommIT to 11th floor pantry. Brushed teeth. Started on eRegistration. Shutdown and started up StaffNet PoC environment because Stephen needed to change the multi-plug for the new eRSA server. Tang Seng accidentally turned off the power while I'm shutting down PoC Portal MR coz her saw that the SSO server and Portal10g are shut down already. Followed Mummy home. Went Giant to do some shopping. No prawns @ Giant. Went Shop N Save, Beauty World. No prawns @ Shop N Save. Went home. Steamed Egg w Minced Meat for dinner. Resty added sugar to the 'lap cap coy'. So it didn't taste nice. Massaged Granny's right knee. Mummy wanted to call Uncle John Man so that we can meet him for drinks. But he wasn't contactable. Kiat asked me to play soccer. Picked Uncle John Man up from his Bt Batok flat. Went Tanglin Club for drinks w Uncle Teck Ee, Uncle John Man & Mummy. Had 2 Long Island Teas. Uncle John Man & Uncle Teck Ee each had 2 Tiger Beers. Mummy had 2 Magaritas. Sent Uncle John Man home. Mei messaged us to ask me where Mummy & I went. Put petrol @ Mobil. Called Kiat. He played soccer already and didn't feel like jogging. Went into MSN & ICQ @ Home. Kiat is not online on MSN. Mummy passed me a new bag from her conference today.
['jar' bug?]
After starting up Portal10g, realised that the 10G App Server couldn't initialise dcms.ear and rec.ear. Coz me script corrupted the .war file after calling 'jar cvf * *.*' when there were no files that could match '*.*'. It might be a 'jar' bug. But at least I nailed down this oversight early in the development phase. Though I lost the codes for the eRegistration, it's only 1 file. I can always code it back again.
[Wedding thoughts]
I think instead of printing a booklet for everyone, I'll just do up 1 or 2 posters and place it @ the cocktail area and then move it into the dinner area after the first dish. I'll definitely include the wedding photos of Ling's parents as well as Daddy & Mummy. I think with that, the wedding is more or less settled.
[Drinks @ Tanglin Club]
Enjoyed the drinking session tremendously. Spoke quite a lot to Uncle Teck Ee. I think I've never spoken so much before to Uncle Teck Ee. I never regretted coming. Asked him how he met Aunt Woon Eng. I recollected the day in 1993 when I brought Ling to his home. Aunt Woon Eng was the first adult from Lim family to see Ling. I even remembered telling her not to tell my Mum about it. Those were the days huh. Uncle John Man would be travelling a lot this year. He shared with us about his plans to travel to Hong Kong, China & Scotland. Scotland because his daughter is there.
[New bag from Mummy]
It's a god-send! I've been looking for a laptop bag and now, I see one appear in front of me. The organisers told Mummy that each bag is worth $100+. I can't wait to use it. But at least for tomorrow, I'll still use the Fitness First bag. I'll definitely have to use it for Thursday as I'll be taking the T41 home.
Woke up @ 7 am. Had Myojo Laksa for breakfast. Followed Mummy to work.Went Fitness First to bathe. Read Singapore Tatler @ Fitness First. Got an article on Lambourghini Gallardo (Ga-Yar-Do). There was heavy rain. So shared umbrella with Belinda back to office. Forgot to switch the locker pass for my membership card. Decided to go back during lunch to switch back. Saw Jian Woei in the lift. He said that eJSR system still runs okay after I archived the old eJSRs. But the speed of the system is still slow. Turned off 'Smart Quotes' & 'Smart Hyphens' on Gloria's Microsoft Word. Helped Boon Choon to combine slides with different templates onto a single file. Changed message for CS Email Contest Submissions with duplicate IC Numbers. Doubled checked with the codes in Forms.java to make sure that the latest email is indeed captured in the database. Went Fitness First @ 10:30 am to get back my membership card. Brought 老干妈 to CommIT. Presented the Tech Watch findings on Wireless Technology during CommIT. Daxin took pictures using Kiat's tripod. Brought 老干妈 to Andy's table so that he'll bring to 11th floor pantry. Took food from CommIT to 11th floor pantry. Brushed teeth. Started on eRegistration. Shutdown and started up StaffNet PoC environment because Stephen needed to change the multi-plug for the new eRSA server. Tang Seng accidentally turned off the power while I'm shutting down PoC Portal MR coz her saw that the SSO server and Portal10g are shut down already. Followed Mummy home. Went Giant to do some shopping. No prawns @ Giant. Went Shop N Save, Beauty World. No prawns @ Shop N Save. Went home. Steamed Egg w Minced Meat for dinner. Resty added sugar to the 'lap cap coy'. So it didn't taste nice. Massaged Granny's right knee. Mummy wanted to call Uncle John Man so that we can meet him for drinks. But he wasn't contactable. Kiat asked me to play soccer. Picked Uncle John Man up from his Bt Batok flat. Went Tanglin Club for drinks w Uncle Teck Ee, Uncle John Man & Mummy. Had 2 Long Island Teas. Uncle John Man & Uncle Teck Ee each had 2 Tiger Beers. Mummy had 2 Magaritas. Sent Uncle John Man home. Mei messaged us to ask me where Mummy & I went. Put petrol @ Mobil. Called Kiat. He played soccer already and didn't feel like jogging. Went into MSN & ICQ @ Home. Kiat is not online on MSN. Mummy passed me a new bag from her conference today.
['jar' bug?]
After starting up Portal10g, realised that the 10G App Server couldn't initialise dcms.ear and rec.ear. Coz me script corrupted the .war file after calling 'jar cvf * *.*' when there were no files that could match '*.*'. It might be a 'jar' bug. But at least I nailed down this oversight early in the development phase. Though I lost the codes for the eRegistration, it's only 1 file. I can always code it back again.
[Wedding thoughts]
I think instead of printing a booklet for everyone, I'll just do up 1 or 2 posters and place it @ the cocktail area and then move it into the dinner area after the first dish. I'll definitely include the wedding photos of Ling's parents as well as Daddy & Mummy. I think with that, the wedding is more or less settled.
[Drinks @ Tanglin Club]
Enjoyed the drinking session tremendously. Spoke quite a lot to Uncle Teck Ee. I think I've never spoken so much before to Uncle Teck Ee. I never regretted coming. Asked him how he met Aunt Woon Eng. I recollected the day in 1993 when I brought Ling to his home. Aunt Woon Eng was the first adult from Lim family to see Ling. I even remembered telling her not to tell my Mum about it. Those were the days huh. Uncle John Man would be travelling a lot this year. He shared with us about his plans to travel to Hong Kong, China & Scotland. Scotland because his daughter is there.
[New bag from Mummy]
It's a god-send! I've been looking for a laptop bag and now, I see one appear in front of me. The organisers told Mummy that each bag is worth $100+. I can't wait to use it. But at least for tomorrow, I'll still use the Fitness First bag. I'll definitely have to use it for Thursday as I'll be taking the T41 home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home