Wednesday, April 05, 2006

20060405 - Wed

[Home Sweet Home]
Slept after the bus passed Ipoh. Woke up @ 1:15 am. By then the bus had already passed KL and it is very bear Seremban. I slept again and when I woke up again @ 5 am, we were already near JB Checkpoint. It took 20 minutes for the bus to negotiate the JB Chkpoint jam. After going through JB Customs, it was a mad house. There were no bus bays and basically there's this horde of people around the platform waiting for their individual buses. The Causeway took about 50 minutes. I then cleared Singapore Customs and boarded 170 @ 6:25 am. I take my hats off to those who have to brave this madness in the wee hours of the morning daily. Reached home around 7 am.
[Visiting Daddy]
Mummy wasn't feeling well. We still went ahead with our plans to visit Daddy. Wanted to get flowers @ Clementi. But they only have real ones. So we went empty-handed. Surprisingly, Garden of Remembrance is empty though today is supposed to be the actual day for Qing Ming. Tears formed in my eyes as I looked @ Daddy and cleaned his niche. Mummy just squatted beside Daddy and was silent. There's so many things in my head. I wonder what Daddy's advice would have been if he is still around.
[Visiting Tien Yen]
Next place we went was Mandai Columbarium. Tien Yen has new neighbours now. A girl born in 1973 who passed away in October 2005 is next to her. Mandai Columbarium was crowded with people offering food, joss sticks & joss papers. It's a bustle of activity in contrast to Garden of Remembrance. The car park was filled with cars and cars waiting for lots. Miraculously, I found a lot amid the madness.
[Visiting Ah Kong & Ah Ma]
Last place to visit was Church of the Holy Spirit. It contained the niche of Ah Ma & Ah Kong. It's even more quiet than Garden of Remembrance. We had to switch on the lights ourselves.
[Visiting Doctor]
Went BH Clinic. Some how Mummy told me to bring her to Dr Foo @ Queen's Road. Off to Queen's Road we went. Doctor gave her 1 day's MC. We then went home.
[大舅's niche]
Messaged Yiwei to ask him where is 大舅's niche. Yiwei called back later and said that it's @ Sin Ming.

[Ling's new colleagues]
Drove to Ling's office. Her colleagues and her were having lunch @ DSO canteen. Jowyne & Sandy looked better in real life. I prefer Sandy though. She's more 奈看 then Jowyne. I ate 2 pieces of chicken before walking Ling back to ADRC. Suh Yi had her PDL. But her test date is booked after the expiry date of her PDL and her instructor can even write it on the PDL without checking.
[Expensive Prick]
Collected Terence's Torchlight from Cyril @ Raffles City. He looked different from typical Singaporean with his cap, haversack & track shoes. Nevertheless, the target of Terence. The USD300+ torchlight. Cyril showed it to me that it worked. I then took photos of us & the torch. I wondered how come this 2 Inch Prick with a strong light at the tip can be worth USD300+.
[Cars]
Bathed @ Fitness First before making my way down to the mini-cooper showroom. The staff were courteous even though I was dressed in Shorts and Slippers. The GM (Diana Sin) tended to me and answered my query. I was quoted $280 per weekend day for the Cabriolet and $220 per weekend day for the non-Cabriolet. Insurance is excess of $2k. It's much lower than my budget of $400-$500. Overall I'm very happy with my experience here. Drove to Novena only to see Car & Cars being replaced by a Hyundai agent. Asked for Stephen's help in locating the Volkswagen Agent. He directed me back to Alexandra Road. It's now run by another agent. No longer Car & Cars. No good vibes when I walked in. When I reached the reception, they said that they only sell cars and do not rent cars. Looks like my mind is set on the Mini-Cooper Cabriolet. Dropped over @ Kah Motors to look @ the new Honda Civic. The driver's seat feels quite shiok. You really feel like you are in control of everything. Everything is within arm's reach and you feel that all the instruments are there for you.

[Home]
Went home. Had dinner. Cut my nails and shaved. Mummy told me about the lights that she bought. They will come in May too. We need not visit Aunt Soh Heng tonight as she'll be visiting us @ badminton tomorrow and passing us her Nissan March for safe-keeping. Called Ling. Yen Peng might not even make it for the wedding coz she might need to go to fucking Ukraine. Ling told me to go ahead and get Val to be Jiemei. I think my friends make better friends lor. The only answer in my vocab is 'Yes'. I don’t take 'No' for an answer. Not from close friends unless there are dire situations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home