20060406 - Thu
[Summary]
Ate the 芋粿 from last night for breakfast. Followed Mummy to work. Went jogging @ Fitness First. Saw Eng Lee there again. He was late today coz he fetched his wife to work. Went to talk to System Operations to find out exactly what's wrong with eJSR. Bought Vegetarian MVR for lunch. Worked on CS's Web Contest only to find out that there were complications. Walked to AA & reached there @ 6:30 pm. Played a bit of badminton w Alex. The 6 pm - 8 pm group came at around 7:15 pm. Alex & I then switched to Table-Tennis. Alex brought his 2 Table Tennis bats along. Yeo & Lawrence came shortly after and we played doubles. At first Alex & Me played against Yeo & Lawrence. But it was un-balanced. So Yeo & Alex switched sides. Fetched 七姨 home halfway during badminton. Came back and played singles with Lawrence. Went Beach Bar for drinks and supper. Parked at the roundabout. Fetched Lawrence, Alex & Yeo back.
[eJSR]
Just found out today that the eJSR system has been exceptionally slow. I think it's because of the inefficiencies in my code. I'll need to find time next month to find tune it over a weekend. Jian Woei diplomatically said that the system is one of the most stable systems and that the only problem is its speed. There are already 1000+ JSRs in the database. One immediate task would be to archive those old JSRs. I still remember the eJSR as one of the most complicated applications that I've ever coded in my life. I'm proud that it's still running though I must admit that there's lots of room for improvement.
[Larry's Cordless Phone]
Somehow there's no response when I pressed the talk button. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't charge over the past few days when I wasn't in office. I charged it for an hour or so but it still didn't respond. I'll try again tomorrow.
[CS and their slew of web contests]
There's so many contests from CS going on up to the point that it's getting out of hand. Hiu Phui will be asking me to make changes to Contest 1 and I'll be making changes to Contest 2. Add the Prod, UAT & DR servers to the equation and you get total chaos. Decided to ask Hiu Phui & Andy to come down and have a stock take of the contest. So we now have the following contests:
Plasma TV Contest for a Survey done
2 Xboxes Contest for Econnect Members
2 Xboxes Contest for the Public who are policyholders
2 Xboxes Contest for DPS Members who provided email in the DPS Survey Contest
Plasma TV Contest for the same Survey as above but done by DPS Members
Apple Ipod for those who did the survey and took part in the DPS Contest
It still looks bad. But at least we can now name parts of the mess.
[Badminton]
There were many people @ badminton today. David, Lawrence, Yeo, Alex, Mummy, 五舅, 八舅, Ziteng, me & even Auntie Lai Kiun. 10 of us in all. I already brought the table-tennis equipment along as I anticipated a lot of people today. But even then, 1 Table-Tennis Table and 1 Badminton court is also a bit too little for 10 people. At first Mummy wanted to send Aunt Soh Heng home after 1 game. But I volunteered as I've been playing since 6:30 pm and if I'm not around, there'll be less people.
[vs Lawrence]
I played singles against Lawrence for the first time today. He kicked my ass 15-7. Not many instances since I played against David did anyone managed kick my ass this way.
[CCG]
David sounded out about forming a badminton team for CCG and wanted me to be his partner. It sounds quite good to me. I think I'll skip pool for this year's CCG and concentrate on badminton. At least it's a more physical sport than pool and hopefully I can burn some of those irritating calories while training for the CCG.
[Stupid BMW]
Keep blowing its horn when the lorry in front of me slowed down @ the Beach Bar round-about.
[CTE-PIE interchange]
Should have used CTE/PIE to get to Aunt Soh Heng's house when I fetched her home. I ended up going by Nicoll Highway, Sims Avenue & PIE. It's a real long way. Should have consulted Aunt Soh Heng, then I would have turned @ Clemenceau Avenue. Went back to AA by PIE/CTE and it was much faster. When I fetched Lawrence home from Beach Bar. I went by CTE and reached the interchange. I turned from CTE into PIE towards Changi because I thought it would lead me to Kim Keat. Ended up doing a u-turn @ Paya Lebar.
[Red Nissan March]
七姨 would be going to China with 四姨媽. She'll be putting her Red Nissan March w me for safe-keeping. Engine is quite good and it handles quite well. Just that it looks odd for a guy like me to be driving a Red Nissan March. It looked even odder for 4 guys to travel in a Red Nissan March.
Ate the 芋粿 from last night for breakfast. Followed Mummy to work. Went jogging @ Fitness First. Saw Eng Lee there again. He was late today coz he fetched his wife to work. Went to talk to System Operations to find out exactly what's wrong with eJSR. Bought Vegetarian MVR for lunch. Worked on CS's Web Contest only to find out that there were complications. Walked to AA & reached there @ 6:30 pm. Played a bit of badminton w Alex. The 6 pm - 8 pm group came at around 7:15 pm. Alex & I then switched to Table-Tennis. Alex brought his 2 Table Tennis bats along. Yeo & Lawrence came shortly after and we played doubles. At first Alex & Me played against Yeo & Lawrence. But it was un-balanced. So Yeo & Alex switched sides. Fetched 七姨 home halfway during badminton. Came back and played singles with Lawrence. Went Beach Bar for drinks and supper. Parked at the roundabout. Fetched Lawrence, Alex & Yeo back.
[eJSR]
Just found out today that the eJSR system has been exceptionally slow. I think it's because of the inefficiencies in my code. I'll need to find time next month to find tune it over a weekend. Jian Woei diplomatically said that the system is one of the most stable systems and that the only problem is its speed. There are already 1000+ JSRs in the database. One immediate task would be to archive those old JSRs. I still remember the eJSR as one of the most complicated applications that I've ever coded in my life. I'm proud that it's still running though I must admit that there's lots of room for improvement.
[Larry's Cordless Phone]
Somehow there's no response when I pressed the talk button. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't charge over the past few days when I wasn't in office. I charged it for an hour or so but it still didn't respond. I'll try again tomorrow.
[CS and their slew of web contests]
There's so many contests from CS going on up to the point that it's getting out of hand. Hiu Phui will be asking me to make changes to Contest 1 and I'll be making changes to Contest 2. Add the Prod, UAT & DR servers to the equation and you get total chaos. Decided to ask Hiu Phui & Andy to come down and have a stock take of the contest. So we now have the following contests:
Plasma TV Contest for a Survey done
2 Xboxes Contest for Econnect Members
2 Xboxes Contest for the Public who are policyholders
2 Xboxes Contest for DPS Members who provided email in the DPS Survey Contest
Plasma TV Contest for the same Survey as above but done by DPS Members
Apple Ipod for those who did the survey and took part in the DPS Contest
It still looks bad. But at least we can now name parts of the mess.
[Badminton]
There were many people @ badminton today. David, Lawrence, Yeo, Alex, Mummy, 五舅, 八舅, Ziteng, me & even Auntie Lai Kiun. 10 of us in all. I already brought the table-tennis equipment along as I anticipated a lot of people today. But even then, 1 Table-Tennis Table and 1 Badminton court is also a bit too little for 10 people. At first Mummy wanted to send Aunt Soh Heng home after 1 game. But I volunteered as I've been playing since 6:30 pm and if I'm not around, there'll be less people.
[vs Lawrence]
I played singles against Lawrence for the first time today. He kicked my ass 15-7. Not many instances since I played against David did anyone managed kick my ass this way.
[CCG]
David sounded out about forming a badminton team for CCG and wanted me to be his partner. It sounds quite good to me. I think I'll skip pool for this year's CCG and concentrate on badminton. At least it's a more physical sport than pool and hopefully I can burn some of those irritating calories while training for the CCG.
[Stupid BMW]
Keep blowing its horn when the lorry in front of me slowed down @ the Beach Bar round-about.
[CTE-PIE interchange]
Should have used CTE/PIE to get to Aunt Soh Heng's house when I fetched her home. I ended up going by Nicoll Highway, Sims Avenue & PIE. It's a real long way. Should have consulted Aunt Soh Heng, then I would have turned @ Clemenceau Avenue. Went back to AA by PIE/CTE and it was much faster. When I fetched Lawrence home from Beach Bar. I went by CTE and reached the interchange. I turned from CTE into PIE towards Changi because I thought it would lead me to Kim Keat. Ended up doing a u-turn @ Paya Lebar.
[Red Nissan March]
七姨 would be going to China with 四姨媽. She'll be putting her Red Nissan March w me for safe-keeping. Engine is quite good and it handles quite well. Just that it looks odd for a guy like me to be driving a Red Nissan March. It looked even odder for 4 guys to travel in a Red Nissan March.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home